The Beginning
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"My hands ache, yet I clutch my pickaxe tightly and continue to mine. Today... I cannot recall the day, as the perpetual darkness in this place obscures the passage of time.

However, yesterday was an extraordinary day. We were permitted to venture outside, albeit briefly, and after that we were enclosed in cages on a carriage that prevented us from viewing our surroundings. Still, the experience was far better than remaining in the dim-lit caves.

they took us to a new mining site, and while the guards were escorting us inside, I overheard their conversation.

It appeared they were searching for something valuable, something remarkable, but they didn't specify what it was. Unfortunately, for us, slaves, this only meant more beatings from the guards, who believe that such punishment would make the mining process quicker. 'Why not assist us if you genuinely wish to finish quickly?' I wanted to say, but I dare not utter a word, for I do not wish to receive lashes from the guards.

 

♣♠♣♠♣♠  ♦  ♠♣♠♣♠♣

 

a guard came in and shouted to the other guards, they quickly followed, and left us alone. "What is happening? Why are the guards fleeing? . The other slave miners also took notice of the guards' departure. Some dropped to the ground from exhaustion, while others, intrigued, decided to trail the guards. A few even fled in the opposite direction. 'What should I do? What should I do?' Nova pondered. He elected to follow the curious group. Fleeing would not work, as there had to be guards protecting the cave, right? Right? Also, he was somewhat curious.

As he approached, Nova noted that he and his group were not the first. Numerous slaves congregated around a door-like structure attached to the wall. Two guards protected the entrance, striking any slave who dared to come near. Nova could overhear the slaves' conversations, which piqued his interest. ''Are you positive about this? Because this may be our chance for liberation,'' inquired a yellow-haired slave with a robust physique and calloused hands, most likely from strenuous labor. "I am certain. The moment I chipped away the stone, a notification appeared, indicating that I discovered an inheritance dungeon" ,replied the other slave, who appeared to be part of the yellow-haired guy's group, and presumably present when the dungeon was uncovered.

Since many slaves were uneducated, a more experienced individual had to explain the situation to everyone else. Apparently, an inheritance dungeon was like any other dungeon, except it was man-made and often left behind by great mages or lords from a previous era, who wished to bequeath something to their descendants. The important thing to remember is that, for a dungeon to be considered an inheritance one, it must contain a treasure that the system deems valuable to living beings.

So what shall we do then? asked someone from the crowd, which was already large enough, comprising slaves from various parts of the tunnel, surrounding the first group in the middle. Thus far, the guards had not intervened. "the guards have already entered the dungeon, but, Here is the plan, We outnumber the guards, and even if they possess higher levels than us, their stamina is not infinite, and they will likely tire after attempting to complete the dungeon, so we storm in, wait for them to clear everything, and we take the good stuff after.", stated the yellow-haired slave, exuding confidence that his plan would succeed. "why don't we leave the cave instead, why do we have to risk our life?" asked another slave.

"Good question, do you where we are ?" nobody answered, "Do you know where the closest settlement is? do you know how they would treat you? disregarding our filthy clothes, lack of money, lack of food, and lack of survival skills, I don't think we would make it that far." the yellow-haired slave seemed very good at convincing people.

"going back to your first plan, Isn't that basically suicide? You know that many, if not all of us, will perish, right?" inquired a lanky man, as many of the slaves nodded their heads in agreement."

"'I am aware, and if you prefer to remain enslaved for the rest of your life, be my guest,' retorted the yellow-haired guy, his voice growing louder as he scanned the crowd. 'We either obtain the inheritance, and with it, our freedom, or we perish in the attempt. So who is with me?' he asked with utmost seriousness. Many of the slaves were hesitant to risk their lives 

Nova, one of the many slaves in the crowd, was shaking with fear and uncertainty. He had never spoken up before, too afraid of what might happen if he did. But something about the yellow-haired guy's words touched him, and he found himself stepping forward. "Count me in," said Nova.

The yellow-haired guy noticed Nova's bravery and placed a hand on his shoulder, giving him a reassuring smile. "Welcome to the team," he said, "we'll need all the help we can get."

many of the slaves around, felt a tad of shame, seeing someone with that physique being braver than them. so they all started joining one after the other, and even the lanky man joined.

As the plan was explained and the slaves prepared for the assault on the dungeon, Nova felt his heart pounding in his chest. He had never been in a situation like this before, and he wasn't sure if he was ready to face the guards and the dangers that lay beyond the door. But he couldn't back down now, not after he had made his decision.

0