25. Beauty Hides The Vilest
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

6th say of Nardunae, 1283

I see you for who you are,

For all beauty hides the vilest

Let me start this entry with a poem that I struggled to remember. My personal tutor taught me this poem back when I was still living in our family residence. It was a poem about a man who caught his beautiful wife cheating on him. But I learned a few years ago that this poem could have many interpretations.

I woke everyone at dawn. When Edmio saw me, he told me I could nap as everyone prepared for today’s journey. But I told him I was worried about being left out for breakfast. He laughed at me and said he would leave something for me to eat.

It seemed that everyone was not in a hurry since I managed to get two hours of sleep and the breakfast that Edmio had promised me. When I finished my share, our team was already decided on the next place we would explore.

Looking at its location, we would have managed to arrive at the place by afternoon. While going there, we also tried to find the waves of Stecars that were already on their way to West Etnovale. We didn’t see the horde, but we saw some traces of them being here. One of Edmio’s people checked on it and judged that this footprint was made three days ago. I do not know how he manages to do it, I do not know, but all of us fieldworkers can’t help but hide the awe on our faces.

We continued our journey. By afternoon the Red Savanna was already heating up. Since only occasional trees can be located at this place, we struggled to find shade. But Edmio pushes us to continue since the next area of our observation is already near.

We came up the hill and were shocked by what we saw behind it. This site resembles a frost we always saw in my family's fields. House Ostrin is south of the empire.

But this one that we see in the Red Savanna was green, and in the center of it, we saw a rock protruding outside. It is strange seeing something green in the fields of endless red grass. It is Edmio who decided to approach the protruding stone. It was two times our height, placed precisely in the middle of the green field.

The rock had some weird carvings that were strange to anyone of us, but we were all sure that it was language. Some lines were wavy and intricate, some letters contained one wavy line, others had two parallel lines, some were horizontal, and others were vertical.

A very complex language indeed. We are all afraid to voice out our realization. I know at that time that we are all thinking of the same thing—Stecars learned how to right.

I am going to put a secret here, as I was encircling the stone, my head started to prove, and among the unruly lines, I managed to read something from it.

I see you for who you are,

For all beauty hides the vilest

 Lord Mikkaelo Sarganse

 

1