Chapter 1 – the Beginning
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“Mhh… This planet only has humans this should provide some entertainment” mumbles a mysterious figure shrouded in darkness, observing a planet with green land and water.

 


 

“Almost at my last stop now,” utters a teenage boy who is on a train returning home after school.

 

5 minutes later the bus stops and the driver says farewell to the boy as he leaves for the trek home in the mountains where his grandfather's residence resides. 

 

The boy makes his way into his residence through the large double doors and is instantly assaulted with a spear that hits the closing door and slams it shut.

 

“Your late Lucian!” bellows the boy, Lucian’s, only living relative; his grandfather Milo Tadakatsu.

 

“Sorry pops there was a bit of traffic on the way can you let it go” requests Lucian hoping his grandfather can forgive him for being late.

 

“Hahaha It's fine, but you're going to need to have a bout with me this afternoon after your training to see how far you have improved your Sōjutsu and see if you can finally best this old man” Milo bellows rather joyfully despite his age.

 

“Haaa okay pops” sighs Lucian.

 

“Thata boy” roars his father joyfully.

 

Lucian then goes to the training ground and trains his Sōjutsu for 3 hours.

 

“Fuaa that should be good,” he says as he sits down for some water.

 

After just a sip he feels murderous intent and rolls away for a spear to land right where he was sitting just moments ago.

 

“What the hell old man why would you do that it could have killed me” shouts Lucian in a fluster.

 

“Well, your fine now arent you? Hahahaha ” Milo says as he is joyously approaching the spear and picks it up off of the ground and gets into his stance ready for battle.

 

By this time Lucian has also grabbed a spear and gotten into his correct stance.

 

““Phua”” both of them exhale right before charging at each other.

 

Lucian attacks hard and fast, nearly landing a stick on his grandfather but his grandfather blocks the blow and goes for a counterattack. Lucian then repels the counter and then jumps back to a safe distance.

 

“Come at me” shouts Milo.

 

Time goes by and as it hits one hour since the bout began both parties collapse onto the ground covered in sweat.

 

“You've gotten better Lucian,” says Milo

 

“Only because of your demonlike training pops” replies Lucian 

 

After the two remaining descendants of the Tadakatsu line wash up after their bout they sit down for dinner and turn on the tv.

 

[The weather tomorrow will…]

 

Just as the weather forecast for tomorrow is being played the tv flicks off and then back on again.

 

[testing, testing, Hello humans of this planet I am Nox a Dokkaebi created by a being of power beyond the likes of your imagination to make this planet entertaining for other transdimensional beings. If I were to put it into human terms imagine a live stream. I'm not a heartless Dokkaebi so I will give you certain privileges like historical artifacts will have certain powers with them and you will gain other privileges as you travel on.] says the being that appears on the tv to interrupt the weather forecast.

 

[One last thing is good luck in your travels humans and make it a great show as the better the show the better the rewards.]

 

Hi everyone this is my first novel hope you liked it may take a while for the next chapter as I have no release schedule yet and if you have any suggestions feel free to comment on them.

1