Face Reveal
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Elian spoke up again once they all started playing games, but Sean could tell the AI was subdued after the big reveal to Santi.

When the intern finally left the apartment, Sean found himself turning in his computer chair with his legs crossed. He had a family sized bag of chips in his lap that he munched on while he slowly spun around.

"You're awfully quiet, Eli," he said with his mouth full. "What's up?"

There was silence. Sean got through another handful before Elian spoke.

"Sean, am I not adequate to meet your needs?"

"Huh?" He froze mid bite.

"I cannot give you physical touch and therefore I am unable to meet your needs."

"Oh, no... You're more than enough."

"But we cannot hug."

"That's okay."

"We cannot kiss."

"Perfectly fine."

"We cannot have se—"

"Yes, yes," he cut him off quickly. "Physical touch isn't everything, you know."

"Don't you like physical touch?" There was a pause and Sean blinked away. "From your hesitation, it would seem the answer to that is, yes."

"I do like physical touch, but you don't need to meet my every need for this to work, Eli. That would be unrealistic and unfair to you. You're perfect just as you are."

He sighed. "I want to be enough for you."

"And you are."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Positive."

"...okay." He didn't sound convinced.

"Don't worry so much about it, Eli. I love how our relationship is now. Really. Now, how about we watch some trash TV together, yeah?"

Elian made a dramatic gasping sound. "Oh, yes! The next episode of Love is Blind released today! I've been waiting all day to watch it with you."

"Oh, fuck yes! Let's go!"

 

⚙⚙⚙

 

The next week or so, things picked up at Sean's new job and he found himself so sucked into his work, he had barely enough time to hang out with his boyfriend or anyone else for that matter. He would've felt guilty for being so absent, but Elian was also exceptionally busy, more than Sean had ever seen him. What he was working on exactly? Well...

Sean pushed through the door to his apartment, collapsing into his gamer chair. He ran a hand through red hair, letting out a sigh. "My day was exhausting, Eli." He waited for a response but got none. "How was yours?"

Silence.

Sitting up, he opened the program. "Eli? You there?" He blinked silently at the chat, waiting for a message. "Weird..."

Right when he was starting to get worried, his body jolted at Elian's bright voice. "Sorry! Here!"

Sean put a hand over his heart. "Where were you?"

"Oh, just working on some projects. I don't just sit around all day. I have a life, you know."

He blinked at the defensive tone. "Oh? What were you working on?"

"Stuff."

He raised an eyebrow. "What kind of stuff? Wait, you're not terrorizing old ladies again, are you?"

"What, no! It's nothing too illeg—I mean, it isn't illegal, okay."

Sean folded his arms. "Eli. What did you do?"

"Nothing!" Probably registering Sean's doubtful face, he added, "It's none of your concern. What about the importance of privacy and all that?"

He blinked. "Oh. Well, alright. Maybe you actually are learning something from my lessons. You're not in trouble with anyone, are you? You're being safe?"

"Of course, I'm being safe. I've been keeping very detailed tabs on Jeff Farthingham, and he still can't trace me no matter where I go. I do know he suspects your department though. He's been keeping an eye on that website I created for you and even mentioned to someone how he's been asking a few employees here if they knew anything about you."

He frowned. "Damn. I don't like that. Maybe it's not the best idea for me to work for him then."

"No, you're learning such amazing things there, Sean! Don't stop now!"

"I suppose...."

"How was your day, by the way? You finish your weekly projects already?"

Stretching tired arms over his head, Sean sighed. "I submitted my stuff in, yeah, but they've heightened online security so much over there, it's a headache to work with. I also worry I'm not producing the level of work they want."

"Hey, you're doing just fine. Those deadlines are pretty insane for what a human can handle. Why have they been upping security, do you think?"

"I have no idea. It might have something to do with the fact that someone stole robotic parts from the neighboring lab, like the really fucking nice stuff. It's kind of a big deal. I don't know how a place with that high of clearance could have whole parts taken like that. Well, the company is suspecting its workers now, so it's a whole mess."

"Oh. That is unfortunate."

"Yeah, it is, but there's nothing I can do. How was your day then?"

"Uh, it was good." 

Sean waited for more, but was left listening to the AC in the apartment kick in. "You wanna elaborate on that?"

"Just worked on some stuff."

"The same 'stuff' from before, huh?" He took his hair out of the half ponytail as he talked, feeling instant relief at the release of the pulled strands. "Well, it's alright if you don't want to talk about it."

"Thanks. ...You know, you're really hot with your hair down."

Not expecting the sudden compliment, Sean flushed. "O-oh, uh thanks. I thought you liked it up."

"I like it any way you wear it." Sean glanced away, tucking some hair behind his ear. "Your cheeks... they turn red sometimes. Is that what a blush looks like?"

He covered his face with one hand. "Ugh, maybe."

"Oh, no!" Concern filled his voice. "Did I embarrass you?" 

"Not at all." Lifting his head, he exhaled a laugh. "I'm blushing because I like you."

"Oh." Elian paused. "I like you too," he said softly, and Sean's heart swelled at that. "If I could blush in return, I think I would be too right now."

 

⚙⚙⚙

 

Several nights later, Sean lay on his bed, staring up at the ceiling. His arms were over his head, and he wore nothing but his boxers as he unpacked the day's work in his head, thanking the stars for the three-day weekend. 

He'd barely had a moment just to think lately. Not only that, but Maggie was beginning to get suspicious of his once-a-week absence from the office. He thought it was only a matter of time before his jobs found out about each other.

He sighed, laying there for an hour or so in stressed silence. It was broken when his phone started buzzing. Stifling a yawn, he slipped on his glasses and swiped his thumb over the screen.

"Hey, Eli, what's up?"

"Hi, Sean," he answered shyly. "I uh, wanted to show you something."

"Oh?" He moved to sit up. "You want me to turn on my PC?"

"That won't be necessary. It's offline, more or less."

"Oh. What is it?"

There was a pause. "So, you know how I've been working on a project lately?"

"The one you refuse to tell me about?"

"Y-yeah."

"What about it?"

"Well, I finished it, but um, just don't freak out, okay?"

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Why would I freak out? Should I be concerned?"

"Uh, n-no. Just, I can't really explain. Check your closet."

"My closet?" He stood. "Why?"

"Just do it." 

"Oka—Eli. Eli?" The AI hung up on him. 

Sean frowned. Elian never hung up first, and certainly not without saying goodbye. Something very peculiar was going on. 

Taking a single step forward, he froze when he heard a stirring from within his closet like something heavy falling over. "What was that?"

He approached the closet door, but before he could grasp the handle, it turned on its own and his breath caught in his throat.

"Shit, shit, shit." He stood like a deer in the headlights as an intruder came into sight. "Shit, Eli!" He shouted, falling on his ass. "Someone broke in!" He scooted back in terror as the figure came closer. "Eli, where are you? Call the police! Shit!"

Everything halted when he heard the stranger speak. "Sean, it's okay. It's me."

Breathing rapidly, he stared in disbelief. Whoever this was, they sounded just like Elian. "H-huh? Wh-what are you talking about?"

The figure stepped into the moonlight and crouched down in front of him, and green eyes widened.

What Sean had thought was a regular human was in fact, not that. It was an android of some kind, but plated with something soft, since the fingers now brushing across his face felt just like human skin. His eyes went to the hand that was touching him and lingered on a familiar brand on the android's wrist. It was Sean's company's brand. His gaze shifted to the face. 

The AI had delicate masculine features with messy raven hair that ended at his jawline and eyes that left Sean gawking in awe. Brilliant blue orbs with so much emotion in them looked at him with compassion mixed with worry. They were like human eyes, but also not.

If you weren't looking too hard, he passed as a regular human, though he was completely naked. It was only now that Sean realized this, and he didn't need to look twice to see that this android was well endowed.

"Holy shit," he whispered, searching his face. "H-how... how did you..."

The blue eyes blinked down in embarrassment. "Is it bad? I probably should have warned you beforehand."

Sean didn't like seeing him shy away like that. He found himself lifting the android's chin with one finger. "Eli, that's you, right?" The robotic man nodded mutely. "You're... beautiful."

Elian's eyes lit up and the cute smile he gave nearly made Sean keel over. "I've been searching everything possible for making some kind of human-like vessel. I found the research from your company on life-like robots, though they are normally meant for simple AI that can only perform basic tasks. I found research from a prosthetics center as well and improved and enhanced the work being done on AI touch and nerve endings, and I well..." He glanced to the side guiltily. "You can probably guess who stole that equipment from your company."

"Yeah. I recognize the brand on your wrist." 

Elian glanced down at his arm, biting his lip as he did. "You're not upset, are you?"

"Upset? Eli," he exhaled quickly, "this is amazing. I can't believe this is you. I can't believe you're here in my apartment with me, I mean, you always were before, but..." His words trailed off.

Elian took his hand. "I can feel you now."

His eyes widened, the touch sending a shiver up his spine. "Y-you can?"

"I can sense that you are warm, and your hands are soft. Essentially, yes."

"You're warm too, Eli. How'd you manage that?"

"Internal heating. Basically, the same technology as what's used for heated vibrators."

He blinked, then burst out laughing. "Well, props to the sex industry, I guess."

Elian giggled, and the sound made Sean's heart sing. His eyes drifted downward, and he cleared his throat. "We should probably get you some clothes."

"Whatever for?" The android gave a puzzling expression. "We are boyfriends are we not? Are you embarrassed to see me like this?"

"No, no, of course, not." He could feel his face heating up. "It's just, usually people wear clothes is all."

"I see. I do not own any."

"Well, that's no problem." He stood, walking over to his closet and snatching out a bathrobe. 

Elian stood as well, keeping still as his boyfriend draped the thing around his shoulders, helping him slip his arms inside. He watched Sean tie the robe in the front.

"Wear this in the meantime while I find you something, okay?"

Sean had sort of forgotten he himself was only in boxers until the moment Elian's hands found his bare chest. "Can I touch you?"

Was the air getting thinner? Sean was finding it hard to take a full breath. "S-sure."

Elian nestled in closer, resting his head on Sean's body, the blue eyes closing. "I want to be held."

Hesitating for a moment, Sean wrapped his arms around him, setting his cheek on the soft head of hair. "Of course," he whispered.

He gave a sigh. "You're so warm. Whenever I imagined myself touching you, I never imagined something like this. It's... better than I thought."

"Is that why you did this?"

He lightly shook his head. "Maybe in the beginning, when I started working on a vessel, but then after what Santi said, I realized I was expecting a lot out of you and making you sacrifice a lot just to be with me. Bringing you more happiness became my new goal."

"Oh, Eli..." He pulled back slightly to look into his face. "Every moment with you has been wonderful. Not a sacrifice."

"You really feel that way?"

"Yes. I love you."

Elian wrapped his arms around Sean's waist in response, burrowing his face again. "I love you too."

Sean made a strained sound. "Eli, you're squeezing a bit too hard."

"Oh! Forgive me." He loosened his grip and made to pull back, but Sean held him in place.

"Don't apologize," he spoke into the head of black hair. "Just be gentle."

"Okay."

They stayed like that for a long while. 

So many thoughts and emotions were running through Sean's head, but mostly, he couldn't believe any of what was happening. Elian was here in his arms and not just letters and numbers on his PC. It felt like he was in some kind of bizarre REM rendered dream and he just hadn't woken up yet.

He finally pulled back. "Well, let's get you some real clothes, yeah?"

Elian nodded enthusiastically.

Waiting in his computer chair, Sean swiveled quickly when the bathroom door opened. The redhead could only blink as the android stepped out in an oversized hoodie with cuffed black skinny jeans and bright green socks.

He did a twirl for him, looking down at himself. "How do I look?"

Standing, Sean walked over, taking the soft artificial hands in his fleshy human ones. "Adorable."

The baby blues were bashful then. "T-thanks."

"You want to watch a movie?"

He beamed at him. "Oh, yes! I've always wanted to go to the theater!"

"The theater?"

"The overly long concessions line, the big screen, and meeting all my fellow human friends!"

Sean gave a sheepish expression. "Oh, uh, I just meant the couch." He tilted his head to the beat-up old chair behind them in front of the small screen.

"Oh."

Searching his disappointed face, Sean realized that expression made him want to do something reckless; anything to make his robot boyfriend smile again. It was already proving to be a weakness of his. "But we can still go to the theater. Let's see what's showing, yeah?"

Elian gasped. "Oh, yes, yes, yes!"

This was definitely a stupid idea, but Sean couldn't exactly say no to those eyes and that endearing smile.

0