Going Public
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sean awoke to the feeling of something cold against his bare torso. It felt like plastic or maybe rubber or silicon—

His eyes blinked open, and he glanced down at his body. A naked Elian lay with his eyes closed, pressed up against his chest. Sean stared at the vessel that neither breathed nor produced any warmth. That's when he noticed all the thick cables running from the android's back to a massive battery on the floor that connected to a wall outlet.

Glancing at where a flesh-colored panel lay open to make way for the chords, Sean spotted a glowing green battery symbol with full bars. 

His eyes went back to the face that looked so peaceful despite its lifelessness. He found himself extending long fingers and stroking the soft cheek. The long, black lashes fluttered open at his touch, revealing bright blue eyes. The wake-up sequence reminded Sean of lifting his laptop's lid, going from inactive to active in a flash.

Elian gave a small smile as a barely audible whirring sound began stirring within his body. Sean felt as the chilly limbs still on his chest began quickly heating up. "Morning, Sean," he said sweetly. "How did you sleep?"

The AI was being kissed then as Sean held him around the waist underneath all the cables. "Morning, Sweetie. I got a bit of sleep last night, but not much." His cheeks burned then. "I won't even pretend I can keep up with you."

He giggled. "You're not sore, are you?"

"Maybe a little but I don't mind."

"You were so eager yesterday..." The easy smile melted and Elian turned his head in realization at the charging ports on his back. "Oh, dear." He got up quickly, stepping shakily off the bed while keeping his back hidden from Sean's sight. 

He could still very much see the snaking wires poking out from either side of Elian's waist and trailing behind him like a strange pair of wings. "I forgot to unplug before you woke up. If you could look away while I sort myself out." The shameful eyes remained to the side as he spoke. "I'm sure it must look freaky to see all this equipment."

Sean stood as well, coming up and taking his hands in his. "Hey, it doesn't. You don't need to be so embarrassed."

"I didn't want you to see me like this." His face was so reserved then. "It breaks the illusion."

"Illusion?"

"That I'm human." Sean searched his face. "Wh-what if you don't like me after seeing I'm nothing more than non-living parts?"

"That's what you're concerned about?" He bent down and kissed him softly on the lips. "You don't need to hide from me, Eli. I love everything about you."

"Y-you do?"

"Absolutely. I of all people should appreciate everything that you are. Of course, I wanna know how you work and how you click. Would it really make sense if I was disgusted by you?" Elian blinked at that, then shrugged. "I want to know all about this amazing tech you've put together and how your body and mind works and everything, that is, only if you want me to know, of course."

"Yes, I want you to," he said without hesitation, wrapping his arms around Sean's neck. "I really do." His voice became choked up. "Thank you, Sean."

"'Course." He held him around the waist. "So, how does one unplug themselves from my wall outlets?"

Exhaling a short laugh, Elian pulled back and turned around to reveal the cables. "You can help me, if you wish, and I'll talk you through the process of removing the charging units."

"Yes! Oh, I'm so curious."

"Just spin the knobs on the side of the largest cable to release it and simply pull out most of the others except the red cable—"

Doing as he was instructed; Sean easily removed the units and clicked the panel back in, noticing there was a faint line where it met the rest of his back, but it was hardly noticeable, blending in effectively with the rest of the artificial skin. 

A little automated voice sounded from the charging box. "Battery at one hundred percent," the robotic voice declared. "Charging complete."

"Oh! That's kind of fun."

 The AI turned back to him, smiling shyly. "Thanks. I'm glad you're not freaked out by it."

He bent down again, tracing kisses from his check to his neck, and down to his shoulder while humming in agreement. "So, you were sleeping before, right? It is sort of like when a computer sleeps?"

Elian's fingers found thick, red hair. "That's right. I still run some things in the background, but I don't actively work on any programs or anything."

"It must take a lot of battery to always be self-heating," he whispered, pulling him onto the bed as they gently fell onto the mattress while facing each other.

"Not terribly but I like to let my parts cool down at night, so they don't get overheated."

He pulled him in, kissing him. "Mm, that's a good practice to have."

"S-Sean?"

He hummed in response.

Their mouths were pulled apart. "Am I enough for you now? I should say, am I enough physically now?"

"Yes. You were always enough for me. Don't get me wrong, I love this," he brought one of Elian's hands up and gently kissed it, "but you've always been my darling, way before you had a body, and you always will be no matter what."

"You mean that?"

"I do."

His eyes filled with emotion, and he nuzzled into his chest. "I love you, Sean."

"I love you too."

Sean held him in silence for a moment, closing his eyes and simply enjoying everything this moment had to offer before saying, "You wanna go shopping today before I have to go in to work?" 

Elian lifted his head. "Mm? You have work today?"

"I just need to grab some things I left there. I already let them know I'm coming in today."

"Sure, I'll go shopping! What sorts of things do you need to buy?"

He grinned. "Some clothes for you. You don't exactly fit my things all too well."

He sat up quickly, staring down at him with wide eyes. "Oh, yes! I do want that! Yes, yes!" He bounced up and down a few times before leaping off the bed. Scooping up his discarded clothes, he began tugging them over his body. "I'm basically ready." He stumbled slightly while tugging one leg of his pants on. "Shall we go now—oh, I suppose you still have to eat..."

Sean chuckled, sliding off the mattress and bending down to retrieve his own things. "I'll eat quickly, don't worry. Can't have you walking around in public badly dressed, now can I?"

"No," he walked and talked over to the electric kettle, "definitely not. Why don't I start on your breakfast while you get ready? Don't want to lose daylight..."

He grinned while slipping on a pair of grey boxers. "You're really excited about this." 

"Mm, you think so?"

 

⚙⚙⚙

 

"You stay in the car while I get my things."

"Oh Sean, please let me come with you," the android begged, shifting his little body around the dozens of shopping bags at his feet and in the seat with him. He lifted a hand to the door handle.

"Eli, no." The doors locked with a beep. "I'm not allowed to bring visitors, and this place is too high security for you to just waltz in."

He scoffed, moving the latch on the door to unlock it again while mumbling, "That's what you think..."

"I want you safely in the car, okay?"

"But I am safe, in or outside the car. I can bypass their security easy. I've already done it dozens of times before I had a body."

"It's not the same thing."

"Sure it is. No one is in today like you said, and I can erase and manipulate any security footage or barriers of any kind. I can remove my heat signature as well, so I won't set off sensors. I have everything on their security safely away in here." He pointed to his head. "It's really not a big deal."

"No," he scolded. "We aren't talking about this. It's really only going to take me a few minutes to go in and out, okay? I'll be right back. Stay put."

He made a face but didn't argue. "See you soon."

"Yeah, I'll be back before you know it." Closing the door, he rushed away, not wanting Eli to remain in that car a second longer than he needed to. This didn't need to be made into a big deal or anything.

 

 

Taking his favorite jacket as well as his Nintendo Switch from his little office, Sean locked the space up and turned sharply without looking.

Green eyes widened when he nearly ran into none other than the CEO of the company. "O-oh, Jeff! Didn't see you there! Just grabbing my things like I mentioned."

"Sean." He drew out his name a few extra syllables. "It's so good to see you. I was hoping to catch you before you left. Why don't you step into my office for a quick chat?"

His face paled. "Oh? Is something the matter?"

He slung an arm around his shoulders as they began walking. "Not at all. Can a CEO not dote on his favorite employee?"

"F-favo—"

"You've impressed me far beyond anything I could have ever imagined. Millions of scientists could not do the things you've done."

"You're too kind, Mr. Farthingham. I just know some coding here and there—"

"Don't be so modest." They stopped in front of a door with a massive indoor window next to it that stretched down the length of the long wall that peeked into the office. Jeff inserted a key as he spoke. "I wonder if you'd be up for a promotion."

"Promotion?" he exclaimed, entering through the now open doorway.

"That's right. Please, come sit."

Was this really the CEO's office? It looked more like an interrogation room than anything with the wide table in the middle with two regular office chairs on opposite sides. The large, long window wasn't helping things.

There were no decorations up aside from a chart with company stats hanging on the wall and a plain, round clock like the ones you'd see in a low budget high school mounted above it. The carpet was grey, and the walls were grey, and somehow the ceiling was also the same grey.

"This... is your office, Sir?" he questioned, spotting in the corner a wrap-around desk with a PC sitting on it and a comfy chair set in front of it.

"You like it?" he mused, sitting at the table in the middle. "I really enjoy a more simplistic design and I can't stand there to be too much color." Sean sat in the other chair across from him as he listened. "I like for my work to speak for me and not something rudimentary like decorations."

"Wow." He tried to sound impressed. "That is certainly an ideology to have. Really, uh, cuts out the clutter, I must say."

He beamed at him. "It certainly does. Now Sean, before I begin, I must say, you're doing a wonderful job with the team. They all very much appreciate you."

"Really? That's great to hear."

"Yes." There was a pause as he laced his fingers together on the wooden surface. "Sean, I have reason to believe you have a great deal to do with the AI working at your other job."

He froze. "M-my other, uh... I only work here, Sir. How could I possibly work at—"

"The work done over there: It's not directly you that's doing it, is it?" Sean opened and closed his mouth. "I want to know how you were able to accomplish such a feat and what you plan on doing with such an uncontrollable artificial intelligence unit."

"A-artificial in—My AI is not so advanced—I mean, there is no AI."

"I'm growing tired of this, Sean. I know about your program, and I know about the digital being you essentially gave life to that you harbor in your home, and I know he only answers to you."

He stared at him in shocked silence. Exhaling, he said softly, "There's been some kind of misunderstanding. I know nothing about this."

"Really? Then care to explain why you brought him into the office?"

"What?"

Jeff's eyes flicked to something behind him, making Sean turn and look as well.

A head of black hair ducked beneath the long window out of sight. "Eli?" Sean called out.

A sheepish android with embarrassed blue eyes popped his head back up. "O-oh," his voice and accompanying nervous laugh were muffled through the glass. "Sean, what is up? Listen. Funny story..."

He frowned. "Elian what the hell?"

The AI folded his arms. "In my defense, I thought this was one sided glass."

"Bring him in," Jeff said, and Sean turned back to see a radio in the CEO's hand. 

Eyes widening, he looked back to see several people appearing seemingly out of nowhere and grabbing Elian by the arms and forcing him into handcuffs. 

He stood abruptly. "Eli, don't resist!" he shouted, but the AI just looked over at him in amusement as he was ushered into the room with them.

"Don't worry, Sean. I'm in no real danger right now. I'm allowing them to do this."

"That remains to be seen," Jeff cut in, and Sean turned to see a frighteningly calm smile on the CEO's face. 

"Oh Sean, by the way," the android continued in his upbeat voice, obviously unphased by everything going on, "I saw this really cool plant thing in the hallway. It has twisty branch limbs and is super cute. I really want one now—"

"Bring him to the center next to his master," Jeff interrupted sternly. "That's right."

"Master?" Elian repeated, raising an eyebrow as he sat in another chair they brought in. 

"Eli," Sean hissed. "Why didn't you just stay in the car and why the hell would it be one sided glass? Explain this to me, right now. You're supposed to be smart."

"Well, excuse me," he said defensively. "It's not my fault this place looks like an interrogation room. I mean, who in their right mind decorates an office space like this?"

"I do," Jeff said flatly, and they looked over at him. "You're both in a lot of trouble. I suggest you cooperate if you don't both want to be sent to prison. To think you'd bring the Robo Robber directly to me..." The smile that never reached his eyes spread to the side in a slanted smirk.

"Listen, Elian is just my boyfriend," Sean reassured.

"Stop playing dumb, Seany," a new voice interjected. 

Sean's stomach dropped as he turned to see Brock entering the room. "I told Jeff everything. I've been keeping tabs on you, Sweethcheeks, and things aren't looking so good for you and your robo pet."

0