An Assignment for Two Girls [Sci-Fi]
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hi! This was my attempt at doing good dialogue! Please don't shoot me for it!

I think this was the first time i started writing solo, instead of doing RPs with other people. You can see that the ending is clearly rushed, but have fun reading this one!

5/18/2020
An Assignment for two Girls
Tags: #Sci-Fi, #Space, #Adventure
SFW
No Blood or anything, just two girls Having converstations so that i can improve my writing dialogues skills.
Also i know the names are bad i couldn't think up of good names lol

 


The Year is 9999. Earth is Destroyed. But by the time earth was gone, Humanity had already colonized many planets and systems. Mars has already become a big hub, And the presence of an alien are no longer a weird thing. They're just something you would see anywhere.

In this day and age, space travel has already become something that was normal to everybody. Everyone could afford going to space, and it was fast too. You could travel from mars to an entirely different solar system in just 10 minutes.

Space was no longer the new frontier for Mankind, and its neighbours. their new objective is to explore the universe. And maybe even find god. But who knows how long it'll take? no one can tell.

But for now, this isn't a story about mankind's journey. this story is about two girls. Mikara Shifumi, and Yuuka Mikoto. Two girls from the NEO-Japan Sector. A Sector claimed by the Japanese Faction. These two girls attend A High-School located in Shin-Shibuya in the Yon-Tokyo Star System.

Shifumi and Mikoto is currently on a ship that Mikoto's Father bought for 10.000 Credits. Its A Civilian-Class Ship. While fast, nimble, and even had an FTL Drive. the thing is, its not the type of ship to fight other ships with. but they weren't looking for that. They were flying around space to look for something on the Original Star System. where Venus and Mars should be.

Mikoto was the one piloting the ship, while Shifumi looked around their surroundings with the ship's camera. They were both... kinda bored. so they have converstations every once in a while.

"Hey, Shifumi." Mikoto chimed in. "Do you see any weird rocks out there?" Mikoto kept focusing on piloting the ship. looking towards the void to avoid any ships that were deemed hostile by the system.

"Nope. Don't see anything." her eyes scanned the computers to look for something. but it wasn't there. basically, the usual. "Why are we looking for this thing anyway? it's just plain old rock."

"Don't say that, Shifumi." she replied. "Did you know? they made alot of places that are resistant to any explosions on earth, so when it exploded to pieces, those places are now just floating around in space. and you know what, there's probably old artifacts in there!" Mikoto seemed a bit excited. Shifumi knows why.

"Yeah, guess you're right." Shifumi pauses for a few second. "Still, is it really something to be excited about? you know we could just look it all up on the Virtual Space, right?"

"Shifumi! The ones on earth are the real thing! One of these rocks could have The Real Declaration of Independence on it! With all the signatures in it!" Mikoto gives out a huff at mikoto's lack of excitement.

"Yeah yeah. like you can read it." Shifumi chuckled at the thought of Mikoto squinting her eyes to look at the text. Mikoto can only groan in frustration at shifumi's teasing.

"Still, the declaration of independence, huh?" She laid back upon the chair she sat upon, looking at the empty space that was depicted by the camera, thinking about something. "Hey. how do you think life on earth was like back in the old days?"

Mikoto raised her eyebrows as she heard the question. "That's a suprising question, coming from you. why did you ask?"

"I couldn't help but wonder how earth must have been like. you know it was just a barren wasteland with some buildings here and there before it got destroyed, right?" Shifumi looked at Mikoto as she kept her eyes on what's in front of her. "Didn't the teacher say that Earth was alot greener than any other planets back then?"

Mikoto nods at her question. "Yup. There were other lifes in earth too. before the aliens, there were these cute koalas, and these tall-necked giraffes. those recreation couldn't compare to the real thing, you know?"

"Really? i think those look pretty close from the original, from what i can tell from the pictures." she only knew them from the cybernet. The old pictures were purged during 9876. but that's for another story.

"Have you ever been to the United Galaxies of America's Museum of Animals? They've got real genuine Animal skeletons, you know!" Mikoto exclaimed. Mikoto comes from a family that's pretty rich, so it's no suprise that she goes to other faction's sectors.

"eeeeh? that so?" Shifumi however, was from a Middle-class family. "Yeah! and those recreation girrafes in the Shin-Shiuya Star System? they're unrealistic! they have long ears unlike real girrafes, They don't even have any spots at all!" Mikoto continued to rant about how unrealistic the recreation animals are. Shifumi just listened.

"Hmm?" Shifumi seems to have spotted something. "Mikoto. can you slow down? Turn left for a sec and look at this weird rock." Mikoto stopped her ranting to turn the ship around and see that the scanners identified this rock as The Lincoln Memorial. "...Hey. Wasn't all the stuff from the Lincoln museum stolen? back when it was 3219." Shifumi Stared at mikoto with a shocked look.

"You mean... did we just uncover something that was lost from history?" Mikoto was just as shocked as Shifumi. Shifumi also realized something. this little rock has a trapdoor inside. Mikoto now wants to know "Hey, let's dock near it and grab the Spacewalker!"

Once they dock the ship near the giant rock, they both land on it with their spacewalker turned on. a revolutionary technology that lets you walk and breath with ease without having to put on any cumbersome space suits. it's just Hi-Tech technology!

Eitherway, the looked around before shifumi saw the trapdoor that she spotted before. "Here." She called out to mikoto, before opening the door. it's a bit of a long drop, but its nothing the spacewalker can't handle.

With LowGrav mode ON, they both jump into the darkness that was inside the trapdoor. When they both land upon a concrete floor, Shifumi and Mikoto looked around the darkness.

Shifumi and Mikoto Couldn't see anything in the darkness. apart from a few things, like how clean the floor was, and how there seemed to be something a bit far from there.

And while Shifumi Looked around, Mikoto Spots a Lever! "Oh! what's this?"
Shifumi looks at Mikoto as she casually flips the lever to see what happens. they both hear something clicking, before the lights suddenly turn on, and what they see is the really, really shocking.

The first thing they see is A Coffin on A Table with a plague attached to it. 'Lincoln's Grave' it says. behind it, are Multiple Pieces of history encased in a glass. The Recording of Abraham Lincoln's Voice, His Hat, The things that were in his pocket, and among other things. And then, from the corner of the room. lies a robot that seems to have shut down. There's also a brain floating inside of the Head made out of glass.

"Uhh... is this what we're really looking for?" Shifumi asked, seemingly confused about what to do now. she wanted to know what the robot's purpose was.

Mikoto was too stunned to reply. all this old time artifacts. the huge painting of Abraham Lincoln, and among other things. needless to say, Mikoto has Achieved heaven.

Shifumi just sigh at the sight of a Mikoto that's too enraptured by the old stuff around here. so she just went and walked towards the robot. she looked around for a switch, and eventually found it. it's just conveniently on the back of it's body. so, she flips it on, and waits to see what happens.

While Mikoto was looking around the artifacts with an excited expression, the lights suddenly turned red as the robot's body suddenly jolts and make strange noises. before it would trash around.

"S-Shifumi! What did you do?!" Mikoto asks, terrified of what is now happening with the robot.

"Dunno! I Just kinda turned it on!" Shifumi Replied while slowly stepping back from the malfunctioning thing. "You Idiot!"

It's Trashing would stop suddenly as the arm spinned and whirred, before looking around towards the enviroment to see two girls. The lights on it's head would suddenly turn red, before it turns its arms into weapons. "Identify yourself, Intruder! yo-you are stepping upon the Sacred Li-Lincoln Shrine! No man is welcome here!" The Robot spoke. it's voice seems to be glitching a little bit.

Shifumi Raised her hands while Mikoto hid behind the Lincoln Tomb. "U-uhm... w-we're just Two High school girls from NEO-Japan! we don't really mean any harm!"
Shifumi was afraid that she might get shot.

The robot stood silent for a few seconds before it would respond once more. "Error: A Valid Response for 'High School Girl' from 'NEO-Japan' is not found. Please Contact the Nearest R&R Manufacturers to Fix this Issue." with that, the lights turned to normal and the robot shut down.

"R&R?" Mikoto peeked out of her hiding spot. While Shifumi didn't even know the existence of A R&R Manufacturing Company, her first impression of one of their sure was bad.

But Mikoto is someone who DOES know R&R. and she knew something that would help. "Hey, Shifumi! can you turn it on again? and while it's Scanning, can you push the switch, can you say the Code 'The Lunarians are Inside'?"

Shifumi thought that Mikoto was just saying something strange, but she decides to turn it on again. Mikoto Hid while it was trying to scan, and Shifumi tried it out. Pushing the Switch, and then whispering into it's head. "The Lunarians are Inside."

Sure enough, it would work. The robot would stop scanning and the lights went back to normal. "Debug Mode Activated. Standing By." Mikoto sure is a smart girl. "Mikoto, How did you even know this?"

Mikoto came out of the hiding spot with a smug expression. "Course i knew! I Researched a bit into their history, and found out that their Debug Code was leaked to the public a few years ago!"

Shifumi sighs. "I Forgot that you were a history freak." shifumi is just forgetful, don't worry. "Well, don't worry about it. most people don't know about the R&R Devcode.

As they talked, the robot suddenly whirred and lightened up. but the lights doesn't seem to change at all. "What? What's happening?" the robot spoke. it's in a normal voice, somehow. "so its real... R&R robots do really have human brains inside."

"Huh? who's that?" the robot scans once more, and then discovering the two girls. "Hey! you two! what are you doing here in the sacred lincoln memorial?!"

Shifumi quickly raised both of her hands right then and there. she wasn't into being shot. so doing that would probably help make him calm. "H-hey! we're only just curious! we didn't mean to intrude into your territory, mister!"

"Who are you two, anyway? even the Concordance of Protection Syndicate couldn't find this little shrine that i made for myself below the deep underground of earth." Shifumi quickly replies after the man just spilled tons of info."Woah, that's alot of information. but earth just got recently destroyed just a few months ago."

"Earth? Destroyed?" the robot makes the noise of a raspberry being blowed as the robot doubts it. "No way! this place still exist, so there's no way that earth is just in pieces now."

"You Probably installed a few things that would make sure this place survives, even after earth's destruction." Shifumi Pointed out.

The robot tried to remember as it made similiar noises to what you would hear when trying to connect into the ancient internet in it's very early form.

The robot then makes a Ding! noise before remembering. "Oh right. i forgot."
Shifumi falls down to the ground for comedic purposes.

Shifumi stood up once more, arms no longer raised. the robot chuckles at this moment. "I forgot about that. i guess earth is really destroyed, then?"

Mikoto jumped out of her hiding spot as she walks towards the robot. "So, who are you, mister robot?" The Robot Jolts before looking at Mikoto. "Have you Forgotten?! I am the man who stole these precious artifacts from those filthy Earth Goverment. I am what the media dubbed as 'The Lincoln Museum Thief'. But in reality, i am but a thief! i am a righteous man. i've saved these artifacts from the greedy goverment so that they won't do evil things with them!"

Shifumi and mikoto was straight up confused as the robot introduced who he was. Shifumi was confused because she doesn't really know who the lincoln museum thief was. while mikoto just thought his motives were dumb.

"Mikoto. who's this lincoln museum thief guy?" The robot huffs in frustration as shifumi's lack of knowledge shows. "Little girl, Do you perhaps live under a rock?! my name is plastered all over the Cybernet!"

"eeeeh?" Shifumi certainly didn't know about his existence. "Oh yeah. but it's 9999, and people have already forgotten about you, mister 'i saved abraham lincoln's legacy by stealing all of his stuff from the museum' man.." Mikoto bluntly replied.

The robot was struck in shock as Mikoto suddenly just revealed what year it is straight to him. "It's been THAT long?! how can these metallic bodies not rust even though it's been that many years?"

Mikoto nods. "So its true that R&R robots don't even rust at all... what were they using to make thes things?"

"Well either way, it really has been that long, huh?" the robot sighed as he looked upon his chamber of lincoln treasures. "I have been keeping Mr. Abraham's treasure for so long now. I think its time to put it back to where it came."

Shifumi raised her brows. "You mean... you're gonna give it back?"

"Yes. I have been keeping these for so long that i have realized that doing this is pointless, and will only make the people forget and even doubt about the existence of mister abraham. and for that, i will repent to him."

"I Give you girls the permit to take them from me. to take them back to the United Sectors of America, and Let people Realize that this man is real. and he's left a real mark in history. that one Should never forget."

Shifumi and Mikoto was kind of awestruck as his change of attitude suddenly happened. first, he was not into giving up Lincoln's thing because the greedy government would take advantage of it. but now he wants them both to give it back to the UGA[United Galaxy of America] because he does not want history to forget about them.

"Uhm... We'll accept." Mikoto Replied. and the robot would make a positive beeping noise.

"Thank you. May the Great Abraham Lincoln watch over us." and with that, the robot shut down. after it did, shifumi tried to turn it on again after a few second of processing what was happening. only to find out that the robot no longer works. "The outsides may never rust, but the insides on the other hand..."

"Guess it was half-true, half-false, then?" Mikoto sighed as she looked towards the Display. "Well, forget about the robot for a few second... how are we supposed to get all of this out?"

"Oh, there's a button behind the Display cases." Shifumi was the one to discover it first, of course. Mikoto went and pressed it, and voila. the Display case is now gone, and the thing that was displayed can now be taken.

"Oh. well, that worked out pretty well."

After that whole thing just happened, the two girls now have a task in hand. but the task was simple enough. there were no pirates activity during their travels, so they simply Travel into UGA to give them back. and then they head back home.

After Heading back to Yon-Tokyo Star system Using FTL, they both go back to their own homeplanet and do their own things. eventually going to sleep after a long trip.

They were very, very exhausted. but this was simply the beginning of their adventures. what will they discover next? what kind of danger will they encounter? we'll find out soon.For now, these two girls sleep. but not before writing a report on what happened for the assignment they were given.

After that, they both wake up, do their morning routine before going to school.

On the next episode: The Two Girl's Daily High School Life.
Shifumi and Mikoto goes back to school like any other day. but something big has happened! Will the two girls ever find out? Tune in on Tomorrow sunday to find out.
[Ch.1 END]


There is no chapter 2 lmao

You can see that my grammar is simply too fucked up for it to be anything else but professional writing. thankfully, i managed to improve, but i still have long ways to go.

0