The serene village
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A town, positioned like a priceless diamond atop a plateau, is hidden among the jagged peaks of a distant mountain range. A large, thick pine forest surrounds this isolated sanctuary, beyond which the surrounding summits' towering cliffs can be seen. The community, which only has a hundred residents, is a thriving oasis supported by abundant rice paddies and healthy animals, whose year-round bounty keeps the locals supplied.

But this serene refuge is not devoid of secrets. The villagers' ideal harmony conceals simmering undercurrents of strain and resentment, similar to the tranquil surface of a placid lake. The air is thick with the unspoken complaints of those who feel unnoticed and unheard, despite the fact that there are no overt disputes among the villagers and their wise elders.

The only sounds that disturb the silence in the town are the distant rumble of the mountain streams and the rustling of the pine trees. The community continues to be a beacon of tranquility. It is a place where all living things participate in a delicate dance of balance and harmony, honoring and respecting the natural rhythms of life.

A youngster named Solum resided in the center of the community. He was an orphan without a compass and was lost in a sea of uncertainty. His parents, who had previously mentioned leaving the community, had left without a trace, leaving only unresolved questions and unrealized aspirations in their wake.

They were like a gaping hole, a persistent aching that Solum could feel when they were gone. Deep down, he was aware that his parents would never have abandoned him voluntarily and that they had been abducted by outside powers.

But the mysterious elders who presided over the settlement kept their opinions regarding the forest's secrets to themselves.They protected the village's secrets like a dragon guarding its loot, not allowing anybody to leave unless they had the good fortune of a far-off helicopter, which only made an appearance once a month and brought meager food and a slim chance of escape.

Solum continued to be imprisoned, like a bird in a cage, yearning for the freedom of the sky while being bound to the ground by the weight of his history. He called the village home, but it was also his prison; it was a place of peace and protection, but it was also a place of shadows and secrets.

For Solum, the future was as unpredictable as the dangerous and intriguing forest outside the village's walls, which embraced the unknown with open arms. The young orphan kid had long since become a lone wolf, creeping around the community like a shadow and honing in on the murmurs and whispers that permeated the air like smoke. He was aware that the village's elders guarded its dark and profound secrets like a dragon guarding its treasure.

Solum wouldn't back down in the face of the villagers' disdain and mockery. He had figured out how to navigate the tricky currents of village politics and read the cues that others might have missed. He had also exposed a network of lies and trickery that threatened to split the town in two.

But there was a gleam of optimism in the middle of the gloom. A buddy told Solum a rumor that suggested a route through the forest that would lead to the discovery of the truth regarding the loss of his parents. Solum understood he had to take the perilous step into the uncharted territory.

The forest served as a metaphor for both fear and hope for Solum; it was a place of both light and darkness, where the answers he was looking for lay, waiting to be discovered. It was a quest that would put his fortitude and tenacity to the test and permanently alter him.

For Solum, the forest represented both terror and hope; it was a place of both light and darkness, where the solutions he was seeking lay, just waiting to be found. He would have to test his grit and perseverance on this mission, and it would change him forever.

The trance was abruptly broken by his friend Stultum's voice.

When the youngster regained consciousness, he understood the peril he was facing Stultum reprimanded him for being stupid, but the youngster was aware that no one could fathom the extent of his suffering. The elders were to blame because his parents were no longer alive. With no pack to share his struggle with, the child felt like a wolf alone in the woods.

With the coming of a new day came a bunch of stern-looking men who stormed into Solum's modest home. As they dragged him toward the Elder's shelter, they grabbed him firmly and dug their fingers into his flesh. The Elders used sweet words to entice the boy to provide information as they reached the solemn area. They strapped him down and used a boulder to shatter each of his fingers after their other attempts to break them failed. No one stepped forward to save the youngster despite his piercing cries for help and the horrific sound of bones breaking throughout the hut. The Elders cruelly threw him into a lonely cage after shattering all of his fingers, leaving him there to rot.

The small boy was imprisoned in an unofficial dungeon, which was designed for creatures that had lost their freedom. A disorganized pile of straw and hay that resembled an abandoned animal's bedding covered the floor. The agony Solum had previously experienced as a prisoner of his own captors had wrecked both his body and psyche. He gathered the hay and placed it into a makeshift bed, hoping to soothe his pain and anguish. He sat down on it in an effort to fall asleep while escaping his difficult situation.

The young kid was abruptly roused from his sleep and found himself in the grasp of one of The Elders, who was unrelenting in his search for answers. The Elder continued to shake the youngster brutally in spite of the boy's protests, sending jolts of anguish through his body. The child was hauled out of his cell with a harsh kick to the ribs and carried into a room filled with a foul smell of gasoline and cigarettes that choked his senses. Unaware of the looming peril that loomed ahead, the boy felt a sense of dread and anxiety as the Elder heated up a punty rod in the oven. With each passing second, the Elder's demands for answers grew more threatening and intense.

The Elder brandished him with a hot iron rod as the youngster vehemently denied any guilt. The branding sent a searing pain through the boy's arm. The Elder persisted in questioning the youngster as he writhed in pain. The youngster was subjected to the torture until he fainted from the excruciating pain. When he came to, he discovered himself back in the animalistic cage and heard the Elders' mutterings about not knowing what to do with him.

They ultimately decided to dispose of him the same way they had previously done with other victims, and they threw him into the forbidding forest's gloomy recesses. The Elders left the boy in the forest, and among the trees, growls echoed and resonated. They fled in terror as the forest appeared to swallow them whole. Solum awoke confused and in agony, his arms flailing in the pitch-blackness, fumbling for anything that would orient him. Yet he had no visibility at all because of the night's impenetrable emptiness. He moved painfully slowly while crawling, cringing with each step. The horrifying howls and snarls increased in volume, reaching an intolerable crescendo before fading into a deafening silence.

The pitch blackness spread out in front of him, a tangled blanket of shadows with an unidentified horror hiding in every nook and cranny. He forced his way through the gnarled trees, their jagged shapes hauntingly lit up by the moonlight. Solum exhaled in relief after noticing a clearing in the formerly dense forest, believing he had returned to safety. Yet his joy was short-lived because he quickly discovered he had fallen into a foreign country. He fell to the ground, his strength gone, and drifted off into a tired sleep.

The child awoke from his sleep as a result of the air being filled with piercing cries. He rubbed his eyes and saw that the sun was already shining brightly in the morning. He looked around him and noticed a clearing surrounded by thick pines with a tall tree in the middle.

He struggled to get to his feet and slowly made his way to the tree, resting on his other hand for support despite the shattered hand. He had never experienced such comfort and warmth in his community, but the closer he approached, the more he felt it flowing from the tree. Unexpectedly, a shadowy figure appeared in front of him and extended an arm to beckon. The youngster responded by reaching out, but the figure simply brushed right past him, confusing and perplexing him.

As the mysterious person merged with him, Solum's mind became like a turbulent ocean, with waves breaking against the shores of his consciousness. It appeared as though a missing piece of a puzzle had been located, and the picture was now finished. The coming together was like a dance, like a symphony of two becoming one. Solum could feel his senses sharpening and his knowledge of the world extending beyond what he had previously understood as the shadowy figure merged with his existence. He could now see the truth, as if a curtain had been lifted.

As night fell, the shadow that was now sharing Solum's body helped to heal his injuries. It had provided him with education and weapons, enabling him to judge the community. As he travelled, the forest enveloped him and silently guided him to the settlement. He moved purposefully toward The Elders' hut while brandishing an iron sword.They rushed at him with their weapons ready, but he easily cut through them.

As he traveled from Elder to Elder, his sword was covered in blood and gore. When only one was left, she referred to Solum as a demon and an abomination. Knowing the truth, Solum engaged the Last Elder in a final conflict. Their swords clashed, and the clang reverberated throughout the community. Solum triumphed, but a feeling of fear overcame him as he searched the huts. No one was alive after the Elders had massacred the entire community.

The boy's grief had reached unfathomable depths as he looked upon the village with tears flowing down his face. He wept for what seemed like an endless amount of time as he gradually lowered his blade into the ground. His body appeared to meld with the ground as he sobbed, with roots emerging from his limbs and into the ground. He had merged with the earth as daylight broke, his body changing into a beautiful tree that towered over the community. The tree stood as a representation of hope and fresh starts as it basked in the warm rays of the sun.

1