Chapter 7
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The three of them went to another district of Ridav. It is called Lubi. Lily explained that the district where the two of them fell was Abali. That is the center of food and other materials of Ridav.

 

"Do you think someone can help us here, Lily?" Arete asked.

 

"Yes. I went to a blacksmith. He's not really that friendly since he and the other workers need to focus." Lily answered.

 

"We can just ask Faier about the auras he's seeing. I want this to finish soon." Han groaned, kicking the stones he passed by.

 

"We have to go through a proper process. All the information we can get will help in finding your colleagues." Arete looks at him, "If you really want to meet them, we need to do this slowly."

 

"If you say so." He sighs, "What about you, Faier? Not tired of using your energy?"

 

"Not quite, Han. When I'm outside, I can use the external energy from nature. Well, some are hurting me since it's not aligning to my nonexistent body obviously."

 

Lily, "... Uhm... Huh?"

 

"What's that?"

 

"People are looking at us."

 

"Let them watch. I don't care."

 

Arete bursts out laughing, "well, Faier can't be seen with mortal eyes so they're seeing Han as a madman!"

 

"Hell may come to you, Arete." Han tries to hold his laughter as the girl's laugh is infecting him.

 

Lily, "You two... You two are weird."

 

Arete and Han, "We sure are!"

 

"So... After going to Blacksmith, what are we going to do?"

 

"We'll ask the victims' families and connect the dots to where the music is coming from. Simple as that." Arete crosses her arms, "Am I right, Han?"

 

"And we need to know if the authorities here in Ridav have something to do with this." Han grinned at them, "after knowing who's our opponent, we need to face and defeat them, as it's obvious. If we can force our opponent to say who spread the music of Iryankka, I'll deal with that person."

 

Lily, "alone?"

 

"Alone."

 

"Just because you're strong, you will do it recklessly." Arete kicks him.

 

"We have a plan, Arete. I just told you and sometimes we need to be reckless.

 

"No. We need to be organized so there are no mistakes."

 

"Are you still afraid of making mistakes?"

 

"No."

 

"Then stop forcing me."

 

"I'm not forcing you."

 

"Then what the hell are you doing right now?"

 

"Huh? I'm explaining that we need to undergo a thorough investigation."

 

Han walked away from Arete. Faier immediately followed to calm the man down.

 

"Are you always fighting, Arete?" Lily asked.

 

"That's how he behaves when he talks about Iryankka."

 

"The Iryankka exploded a long time ago. No one has give a shit on that world now."

 

".... Knowledge is important to magicians, Lily. They're dedicating their whole life and strength to satisfy their thirst."

 

"Even though they will leave their morals?"

 

"Yes."

 

"I thought... I thought Han was different from the magicians I've met."

 

"Han is older than us. He's been through a lot."

 

"More... Older than us? He looks like 20 years old." She blinks several times at Arete.

 

"He's a thousand to two thousand years old." She grinned at her.

 

Her lips parted, "WHAT THE HELL?!"

 

"What are you talking about?" Han looks back at them, "I know I'm handsome but say it in front of me."

 

Arete, "We're talking about your age."

 

"Oh? What? You two decided to date me?" He teases.

 

Arete sighs, "your arrogance makes me triggered, but I can put up with that. And no, we're not going to date you."

 

"Aww. I feel so neglected." He gasps in exaggeration.

 

"As if you're that affected. Stop the act, Han."

 

"... You two are fighting again." Faier said, out loud.

 

Arete and Han looked at each other and didn't say anything.

 

"... Are magicians that different from each other? Why aren't you guys giving each other a way to speak?"

 

Lily wanted to comfort the little boy but she can't because he's a spirit.

 

"We were arguing even back then." Arete explained, "he just likes himself too much. Don't worry about it."

 

"But we are a team, Arete. We need cooperation." Faier looks at her, full of sadness in his eyes.

 

Han and Arete, "....."

 

"There are differences that will hinder communication, Faier." Lily said.

 

"It's hard when pride is high." Arete glared at Han.

 

"So it's still my fault now, huh? Be thankful that I saved you when you fell."

 

"I didn't need your help back then."

 

"You don't need it? You killed someone."

 

"I can protect myself."

 

"You can't because you panic easily."

 

Arete pulls him closer by grabbing his collar, "There are so many lies coming out of your mouth."

 

"And you believe because I'm all you have, Arete."

 

"After the mission to find your colleagues, I will kill you."

 

"You cannot kill an immortal, Arete."

 

"Can you both stop?!" Lily shouted, "even though Faier is a spirit, he is aware of the true feelings you have for each other. You are the ones we’re expecting to lead. We will follow your instructions but if you are always like this, how can our investigation progress?!"

 

"He always thinks of himself." Arete crosses her arms.

 

"If I was only thinking about myself, maybe I didn't teach and save you. And even I didn't guide you on topics that a normal person could understand."

 

"Now you are blaming me for the things that you have done."

 

"How can I not blame everything I've done if you think otherwise of my pure intentions?"

 

"I said enough!" Lily separated them, "Both of you should stay there at that inn and we'll take care of Faier looking for information."

 

"You're going to leave me with this selfish crap of a man?" Arete pointed at Han.

 

"Huh? You're more selfish because you want the movement by group when in fact I can handle this alone."

 

"And you really want to talk that way?!" Arete's veins in the temple popped up.

The two of them were actually left at the inn. They ate in silence. They finished breaking the books they brought from the Palace of wisdom then,

 

"I just don't want you to have a hard time with the mission so I'll do it alone." Han said.

 

".... We're a team. Even if we become a burden in the end, our contributions must be equal in the procedure."

 

"I was taught differently when I was a student."

 

"You have seen the past and the future of each world in different dimensions, Han. You know that the standards of each generation are different."

 

"I'm used to that and that's what I believe."

 

".... I just want you to know that you are not alone in this fight." Arete clenched her fist, "I knew that you've been fighting alone. Even though you're smiling and teasing me, I know that you're hiding something that hurts your heart."

 

"....."

 

"What if you find out something about your teammates at the end of our mission with your friend's music? Who will you lean on?"

 

"....."

 

"You don't have to carry the suffering you have alone, Han." Arete held Han's hands.

 

"... What if you end up betraying me? What if I bring out my weakness and then you leave me too?" His voice became softer.

 

"Then bring justice and judgment for being an unfaithful comrade to you." She said seriously, "and just because you found someone to share things with, you will openly offer your heart. Be protective of yourself. Learn to love yourself first so you will not be devastated once they hurt you."

 

"Arete..."

 

"I'm sorry for being harsh. You lived for so long. You're an immortal —"

 

"That's why I preferred to be alone. I will outlive everyone... Even you." He looks away, biting his lower lip.

 

"I don't care. Your secrets are safe with me. I swore to my name and ancestors. Kill me if I betray you." She stares at him intently.

 

"... I'm sorry too, Arete... I just don't want anyone to die during the mission."

 

"Mr. Thank you for letting me understand your side." She smiled warmly.

 

"Yeah..."

After that, they waited for about an hour. Lily and Faier returned with a smile on their lips.

 

"Did the two of you have made up?!" Faier asked excitedly.

 

Han looked at Arete and laughed, "he can't stand a handsome creature like me." He wrapped his arm around her shoulders, acting so flirtatious.

 

"HAH?! YOU WANT ME TO PUNCH YOU IN YOUR THROAT?!" Arete punched him in the side.

 

"OW! YOU DON'T NEED TO BE HARSH ON YOUR TEACHER!"

 

"DON'T ORDER ME! YOUR FACE IS DISGUSTING!"

 

"You see it when you wake up in the morning." He grins at her.

 

"I should rip your mouth open to wipe that grin off your face!"

 

"I can heal myself indefinitely, darling." He winks at her.

 

"Ugh! You're insufferable!"

 

Lily cleared her throat, "Can I disturb your flirting, you two?"

 

Arete's ears reddened, "WE'RE NOT FLIRTING!"

 

Han acted so touched, "She can't admit that she's falling for me."

 

"I'M NOT!" She spins and kicks his back.

 

"OW! YOU HELLISH WOMAN!" He shouted but was laughing.

 

Lily saw how deep the connection between the two was. It makes him wonder if they will be on a mission together.... If he will also be one of them.

 

"Uh... Han?" Lily called.

 

Han's hands were on Arete's mouth and face. Arete's hands were on Han's hair and neck.

 

"Oh... Am I disturbing you?" She laughs awkwardly.

 

"Not at all." Han laughed, "What is that?" They both fixed themselves.

 

"Uh.... I... As a knight, especially a woman, I don't have the right to speak.and  I don't have the right to do what I think is right. I... I'm not used to being vocal to my feelings ..." She clasped her hands, slightly trembling, "and... I'm from a family that... Is traditional so... It's complicated."

 

Han, "Uh-huh?"

 

"So... Uh... I want us to..." Her ears reddened.

 

Arete crosses her arms, "What?"

 

She felt pressured by their intimidating auras, "uh... I hope I'll get comfortable with you guys and... And... Become friends."

 

Arete and Han's face lightened and hugged Lily tightly, "WE'RE ALREADY FRIENDS!" They both shouted.

 

"Eh?"

 

"Come on, Lily. The moment you wanted to come with us in this mission is a sign you want to know us." Arete smiled softly at her.

 

".... What if I have a motive for you? What if I'm your enemy?"

 

"Then we will fight you." Han answered simply, "It's like that when you fight your nemesis, isn't it?"

 

"Because... you know I'm just taking your trust. Taking advantage of you guys."

 

"Then we will kill you mercilessly." Han answered again, “No sane person would do that if his heart was not corrupted.”

 

Lily's eyes widened and she burst into tears, "You two have a… sense of justice."

 

"....Do people really need to fight, Arete?" Faier asked who had been listening to their conversation.

 

"It's not necessary, but there is a big difference between them." Arete said, "even in simple things, there is a misunderstanding."

 

"... That's not what the creator wanted, right?" The boy said, saddened by what he was hearing.

 

"No, but balance is needed, Faier." Han blurted out, "it is necessary to hear other people's opinions because many will be affected if you only understand your perception."

 

"Oh..."

 

"Even though we have many differences, we can find a way to have a solution because people have room for development and learning." Arete smiled, "Even though Han and I were fighting earlier, there is a place in our hearts to understand each other."

 

"You just simplified what I said." Han complained.

 

"Huh? Faier is just a child. I probably have to explain to him in a language he can understand."

 

"I can do it all by myself."

 

"No you can't. You're too proud."

 

"Incapable of being like that."

 

"Yes it is."

 

"You'll fight again later." Lily sighs, stressed, "Faier and I got some information."

 

Arete, "Do tell."

 

Han, "That's my line."

 

Arete, "So we can know what will happen. I'm the proxy."

 

Han, "I didn't say so."

 

"Hush, you two!" Lily furrowed her eyebrows, "So, here in Lubi, they also hear the mysterious lullaby. Rumor has it, they follow this sound until they reach one of Lubi's abandoned hospitals."

 

"Abandoned hospital..."

 

"This is not just a hospital. This is an asylum."

 

"Eek! I watched that from where I came from!" Arete said to Han.

 

"Then what's going on?" Han asked.

 

"There are supernatural beings there. Revengeful spirits that live in the Asylum."

 

"That's dangerous because we have Faier who is still young and pure. He will be a target..." Han put his hand under his chin, thinking, "But if revengeful spirits, how can they know that lullaby... Jayen wouldn't work with those creatures...."

 

"Should we check so you know?" Lily looked at him.

 

"Okay. There's no other way. We need to start where they heard the lullaby until we reach the Asylum."

 

"What can I do to help?" Faier said.

 

"Well... You can pair up with Arete. She needs someone who can detect spiritual energy."

 

Lily, "Isn't she also a magician like you?"

 

"I am but since we have Han, I focused on training on physical strength. I do martial arts too."

 

"... That's why you have quick reflexes?"

 

"Maybe."

 

There is no point in changing what will happen,

I should have expected this but it hurts,

Was there really peace then?

No one brings justice to the oppressed. 

 

Is there no hope of communication?

Can't love do anything?

Where are the principles we were taught?

Iryankka, my beloved world. 

 

The four of them looked at each other and immediately ran to where that lullaby was coming from.

 

“I can’t remember if that voice is coming from Jayen. We’re too young back then… I just hope he’s not harming people now Iryankka is gone.” Han gritted his teeth when Arete flicked her fingers at his forehead, “...Huh?”

 

“That’s why we’ll investigate. Faier, into the flute!” She shouted.

 

“I’m on it!” Faier evaporated like the moist in the clouds and immediately went inside the flute.

0