Diary 4 : Let’s see what’s in store out there!
41 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Splashes*

The feeling of water hitting the body after only being washed a portion, The smell of the body-washing fragrance from the soap and shampoos, the taste of the toothpaste whipe brushing your teeth, is one of the most graceful feeling a person can ever have after being released from one's sickness. 'Oh, it's so heavenly~' 

*Knock-knock-knock*

“Dee? You doing fine in there?“. Dennis can hear Leon checking him out, by a pet name they spew out every now and then. “Why's it locked, anyways?“

The boy know by fact - even with his lost memory - that it's common sense to lock when you're taking your time inside.

“Better question is why won't it be?“

“Can't help you if you slip in there, so... get this door unlocked just in case”. As Dennis wipes away the shampoos, he realizes that the door knobs are subtly twisted. 

“I'll take that chance. Thanks but no thanks, bro”. Beyond the walls, some frustrated muttering can be heard.

*Creaks*

As he finishes wiping his huskily body more frail than the others he've met, it's time to bail out with clothes given by his parents and a denim jacket that Leon brings in case this time ever comes. 

As the father and mother are requested by the previous doctor, only the two of them are left alone again. 

It displeases Leon that she got to wait for Dennis to be out, but that's just one of the very many hurdles she will face. '*yawn*. Well, wouldn't hurt to get some shut-eye a bit'

.

.

(Leon's POV)

It was dark back then, almost raining even, and the atmosphere was just about right for us two alone strolling around the city of Wellington... The worst dream I can have right now.

Nightmare. Seldom, it is… until it wasn't.

2 months, that was all it was took, but it felt longer than that… the 2 months that took my 13 years worth of memories from him.

It's daunting. Never cared for anything aside having fun, then realized that life's ain't all fine and dandy. 

*tire screech*

That, is the daunting scene I don't wanna get back into, a boy that can't get out of the road fast enough after saving a young kid from being hit.

“ACK-!“. He wasn't even a fully-fledged teenage boy yet, and still isn't.

Ah, there's me, was just chasing after him, and then the nightmare settled from then on.

“H-HELP! AMBULANCE! SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE! ANYONE! PLEASE!!!”. That was the highest voice I was able to make, never topped off 'till now, just so he'll make it.

*siren*

The guys from an ambulance took him in, and his ragged breathing just... fucking painful to bear and hear, even for me.

Not an hour later, my family and his' came by the front of his room... we can't. 

The screams he let out, he's dying, I thought for sure.

Waited 2 hours, then 3, then a day, and a week passed by 'fore I knew it.

When they let us in and see his condition... 

Nevet stopped coming by, heck I canned most games and parties my pals used to invite me over with. It just wasn't going to be as fun, not without him... Dennis, around.

Dee... he ain't the same no more...

Crooked boy was more shyly, little distrustful, and kind of a jerk but... now he's not even half all that. 

Crikey, and I was just 'boutta say it to him back then... Fuck.

Can't stand it... can't... stand it...

. . . 

A warm feeling envelops around me, and it feels comforting; safe, even.

Not sure what but, the way it caresses my face, I like it. Could be the most fluffy pillow one can have.

Then I noticed... the texture... it's almost like m.. the palm of a hand. 

Blinking, there's Dennis sitting close to me and... he's doing something to my face.

“Man, can't I have some sleep after all these?“

A distressed expression is now on his face after me waking up. 

“Ah! Sorry, just want to wipe the tears from your face. Felt like you were crying from a nightmare for a while now”

“... Tears?“. Didn't take long to see the tissue on his hand with wet droplets, and the sensation around my eyes... yeah, I was crying.

I hugged him again, just so to make sure it's him for real and not a dream I'm having.

“Uhm, you okay there?”. Not really but, just so glad... So glad he's here with me, even if he's not the same one that I share my years with.

“*sobs*. Yep, in a matter of minutes”. He gives it to me somewhy, which I uses to wipe away the remaining watery parts near the eyes. “*sigh*. So, your jacket still fits, eh? Good for you“

Boy looks pleased with it, as he looks at the bed he was in for the last 2 months.

“Well, can't really forget this gift you bought for our graduation from elementary"

Of all that was unexpected, him getting a piece of a memory is the least I can think about. 

“... you... remember that?“

He nods triumphantly, 

“First thing that came to me, yeah... but I didn't get to remember what I gifted to you back then. Sorry”

“Ehe, that makes me happy a little“

*Flash*

A sound just comes up, also a flash makes me close my eyes just now, and it reminds me of a smartphone's camera.

Speaking of smartphone… mine isn't in my pocket.

“*whistles*. Now that's a nice smile to keep looking at”

Should be angry, but somehow, I'm not.

“Y-you better not send that to Aunty Joanna, you hear me?!“

*Fwip*

There's another sound coming out, and he definitely sent it to someone.

“Nah. But I do see this [<3ennis can diss], so I just sent it there. Also, why isn't it just a normal 'D' for my name?”

Guess there's another kind of guilty pleasure coming out of this, but don't wanna tell him I want to share all my photos for the last 2 months he was away.

“... fuck... you...”

His parents came back, and as we unpack everything into the blue sedan they were driving with, it's quite tranquil for me to look at the sky now blooming with cheerful look for everyone to see. 'The calm after the storm...'

And so my days of attending the sickly kid are over, soon to be replaced with many other hurts in the way.

0