Ancient Chapter 12
190 6 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 12

    The room was huge, enough to put inside a big house inside without having to break any wall. Everything was of different shades of gray. Even the sun rays pouring inside by the stained glasses was reflecting on silver dust.

    There, a man was sat on a throne. Or more like an elf looking at his pointed ears and the timeless beauty of his face. He wore a thin crown and a light ornamented armor. His hair was silver, his eyes a dull gray.

    Suddenly, the doors of the throne room burst open, and another elf, tied in black closes and wearing low a dark hood came in. “Bad news your majesty!” His breath was as ragged as his clothes, highlighting the fact that he rushed here. “The main test subject, the tank. He broke free!”

    “What?!” The king of the High-elves stood up.

    “We misunderstood the effect of the new drain pentacle we designed. It doesn’t suck an endless amount of mana each second but a fixed amount so huge that it doesn’t differ from the infinite for the residents of this world.”

    “Are you saying that the test subject had enough mana to break free?” His question was met with dead silence. “How is it even possible?”

    “I-I think that the Gift of the “tank” allows him to increase his mana pool by punctuating the falling universes.”

    “So he will eventually have an endless supply of mana…”

    “We have stocked up enough mana for at least another attempt at deification. We have to hurry your Majesty!”

    “I know, I know way to well… Do you think that the “tank” might become a burden in the future?”

    “One of the humans I hired to guard the basements killed someone that looked like a very close acquaintance of the test subject in font of him. So yes, it’s very likely. While rushing to report the news, I heard that the Salt Kraken was taken down. It’s most likely his doing. And when I visited his cell, he was barely conscious but already seething with hatred.”

    “So even Avanta isn’t a match for him.” The High-elves king suddenly looked frantically around him. “What is this stupid amount of killing intent?!”

    “Pp-perhaps he encountered Golgomath.” The poor agent was sweating bullets.

    “God, we are fucked… Hurry the preparations, we need to achieve the ritual before it’s too late!” The black-hooded High-elf nodded, surprised by the unusual curses his King was spouting like a torrent.

*****

    Surprised by the sudden amount of pressure he felt, Golgomath took a step back before looking up to his “father”. The otherworlders and all the fighters present felt crushed by a hatred way to big to be handled even though it wasn’t directed at them.

    They then saw space distorting itself around Kyle, he was summoning a huge chunk of his mana at once. Golgomath widened his eyes before rushing forward, realizing that he had do interrupt his foe. His whole body hit the ray of pure power that was shot at him as if it was a wall of unbreakable orichalcum and was dragged back a hundred meters before escaping the death ray.

    “Mana manipulation can really do anything if you have enough fuel huh...”

    Golgomath yelled. “That was a huge one father! But unfortunately you are almost out of mana now!”

    “I already told you, I am neither the father of you or this weakass squid.” Kyle resumed his mana summoning.

    Golgomath widened his eyes. “So you even took Avanta down?!”

    “I don’t remember monsters having name, monster.” Kyle fired another death ray. Golgomath anticipated the move and successfully warded against the pure mana launched at him with his shields.

    But the mana didn’t start dissipating. Instead it changed in thousands of shards that stormed on the draconic. ‘Falling for the same trick as his underlings. This guy is all muscles.’ Kyle mocked his enemy inwardly before rushing at him.

    He summoned his greatsword and plunged forward, passing through the shards that seemed avoiding him and struck with an earth-shattering strength.

    Golgomath barely blocked the strike and retreated with his wings full of bruises and his shields in tatters.

    “Nobody can hide from what awaits him. I speak from experience.” The mana shard stopped rotating and fired like a gatling gun at the monster. “Your masters took great care to teach me this.”

    Golgomath hid behind his shield, totally powerless. He then heard a voice coming from above him. “If only you had raided Brook a week later. You would have got a crushing victory.” Kyle was looking down at him, flying thanks to his wings. “Perhaps your dear masters wanted to stall for some time, hoping to create yet another meaningless attempt at making a god.”

    Shards of doubts housed in his mind. “The Dusk’s Angel is in fact a demon.”

    Kyle raised his sword at the rising sun and brought it down, cutting down a tough neck.

    The last remains of consciousness left Golgomath. ‘It was all for the sake of my people.’

    “Have we been kept locked by a bunch of weaklings?”

*****

    The Administrator of this universe, along with all the others, noticed something. The energy flowing from the dying universes wasn’t disappearing like it always did. It was gathering in one direction.

    Curious, they followed the lead and found out something. Or someone. With their god’s view, they noticed his endless hatred, and love. The anger and the killing intent residing inside his soul was surrounding a garden overflowing with affection. His power was pulsing at the rhythm of this distorted soul.

    They Administrators were skimming through their documents, looking for more crispy information while the Administrator that Kyle and his classmates met was harboring a supremely smug face.

    “This youth has an amazing willpower.” One of the Administrators spoke, astonished.

    “His power is nothing compared to ours right now but he shows some creativity in the way he uses it.”

    “Right? Right?” The smug Administrator was overflowing with cockiness.     “He is outstanding! At a mortal’s scale, he is just superhuman.”

    “He is a wicked demon.”

    “He is a loving angel.”

    “He is the embodiment of fury.”

    “And the incarnation of solicitousness.”

    “He is the child of Love and Hatred.” Smug face, more smug than ever, concluded.

*****

    In an inn dining room, someone suddenly shuddered.

    “What is it Kyle?”

    “… Nothing Yukina, I just feel like I’ve been associated with a fucking cheesy nickname yet another time.”

    They chuckled together, drawing the attention of the other customers.

    ‘What a beautiful couple.’

 

And the last chappy of the week! "insert blobnomcookie emoji".

Here is the link to see what looks like the now dead Golgomath. I don't know why, I wasn't able to find the motivation to work longer on it so its quality is a little lesser than the other ^^':

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aDDYEqVjGGpxJgm86lFix66HfEtuESRy

7