2: Crazy Bitch of the West
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up in the nurse’s office.

The place is quiet besides the low buzz of the fan blowing back and forth on the desk across the room. Sitting up, I groan as my head continues to pound against my forehead.

A door opens and Martha the school nurse walks in throwing a pink piece of paper into the trash. When she sees me, she smiles and walks towards me.

“Good - you’re up.” She stops in front of me holding a small flashlight. Nurse Martha turns it on holding it in front of my face. “Follow the light with your eyes.”

I follow her instructions, following the light.

“Everything seems to be okay; you can return to class, but first let me write you a slip.” She returns to her desk, and writes something on a piece of paper, before coming back to hand it to me. “Give this to your teacher.”

Taking the slip in my hand, I stand up from my place on the bed, leaving the room. The halls are empty, except for the janitor, Mr. Johnson, walking down the hall with his cleaning trolley. He nods his head at me, and I give him a small wave as I pass him heading up the stairs to the second floor, to economics.

When I enter the room, it quiets, and heat rises to my cheeks once more. Handing the nurse slip to Ms. Dunn, I make my way to the back where Periwinkle sits with my things.

“Are you feeling better?” She asked, giving me my backpack, before I sat at the desk next to hers.

I nod, taking out my pencil pouch and journal. “Yeah, I’m doing better. My head still hurts slightly, but I’ll live.”

We turned our attention back to Ms. Dunn. After a while I started to get the feeling that someone was staring at me. Glancing around the room, my eyes landed on Queen B herself. If looks could kill, I’d be killed in more ways than one.

McKenzie narrows her gaze at me. Her blue eyes darken.

“Why is who shall not be named staring at me like I stole her favorite lipstick?”

Peri looks up from her journal, glances at the bitch across the room, then resumes writing. “I don’t know. Maybe she’s upset that her boyfriend is the one who carried you to the nurse’s office.”

I let her words sink in.

“Wait, what?”

“Girls,” Mrs. Dunn scolds us.

We whisper our apologizes, writing in our journals for a moment, before returning to our conversation.

“Yeah, it was crazy. One minute you were fine then suddenly you started to fall to the floor, then Gaberial was just there.” She shakes her head. “But I could’ve sworn he was sitting at the table with the swim team, and the witches. I don’t know...it was strange...”

My heart leapt into my chest. I couldn’t believe it. My dark haired, hazel eyed, hot as sin, childhood crush, Gaberial Del Angleo, carried me to the nurse. And I don’t remember any of it. What luck.

The bell finally rang, and Periwinkle and I headed down the stairs. Our lockers were on the first floor, and we needed to change our books for the last class of the day. Thank God, they placed us right next to each other.

I’m placing my economics book in my locker, when suddenly I’m pulled back. I didn’t catch myself in time, so I ended up landing hard on my ass. Looking up my gaze lands on McKenzie and her posse. Lesly another bitch smirks at me while Yumi stares at me coldly. Her expression was blank with emotion. McKenzie on the other hand looked ready to kill me.

“What the fuck was that for?” I asked angrily, dusting my pants off as I stood.

McKenzie scoffed. “Like you don’t know. You were practically all over my boyfriend. Pretending to faint so he could carry you. That’s really bold of you.”

I don’t know what came over me, but the bullshit spewing out of her mouth pissed me the fuck off.

“First of all, I wasn’t pretending to faint. Don’t you remember you were the one who tripped me not even fifty minutes before in biology, hmm? Or is that stank ass body spray you put on killing your brain cells? I was feeling dizzy, and I had a headache no thanks to your ass. So, no, McKenzie I didn’t pretend, as you called it, to be close to your boyfriend. I wouldn’t stoop as low as you.”

I was breathing hard, so hard I could hear my own lungs over the talking of the growing crowd around us. It was as if time had slowed, then the crazy delusional bitch lunged at me, knocking me on my back. I gasped as the air left my lungs and McKenzie started to hit me in the face. After she got me a few times, I started avoiding her attacks. When she tried to hit me again, I grabbed her wrist, twisting it at an odd angle. It let out a loud pop.

Whoops, I didn’t know how strong I was.

She started to cry nursing her wrist to her chest. It was unsightly; snot poured out of her nose, and her eyes grew red and swollen, oozing black mascara. Not something you see every day. I hope she keeps this side of herself hidden. It is not a pretty sight to see.

“What the fuck happened?” A deep voice asked from behind me. A shiver ran down my spine as I scrambled to stand turning to face the one person I didn’t want to see at the moment. I felt like someone had drugged me through the mud, then hit me with their car. Not the most attractive when your crush is standing in front of you. But I had to admit I looked better than McKenzie. She looked like someone had drowned her in the ocean.

“She did it,” McKenzie whined pointing a finger on her good hand at me. “The crazy slut broke my wrist.” she sniffles burying her head on his chest. How pathetic. But I had to admit I was a tiny bit jealous. And did this crazy ass hoe just call me a slut? “She just attacked me for no reason.”

My anger shot through the roof.

“Attack you? You were the one who attacked me.”

“She’s lying. All I wanted was to make sure she was okay, since she had fainted earlier at lunch.”

And the Academy Award nominated for outstanding acting is awarded to.............McKenzie Fuller. Really someone give this crazy bitch of the west an Oscar. Her acting is so on point that anyone would believe her. Gaberial glances at me. His hazel eyes flashed brilliant gold, before returning to their natural hue so quickly, I thought I was going crazy.

“Come on McKenzie let’s get you to the nurse.” Gaberial said taking his girlfriend’s hand and leading her away from the crowd of nosy bystanders. As I watched them disappear, I couldn’t help but wonder where the teachers were when this all took place.

0