Chapter 1: EGO
61 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Blue Lock facility...

"...I failed.."

A short, blue-haired boy that had his bag hung over his shoulder was walking out of the facility with a gloomy face that had 'depressed' written all over it. Head down as if admitting defeat, eyes blankly staring at the floor as if there was no purpose in his life, ears ignoring every consolation that came for him as if they were nonexistent. Isagi Yoichi, the Egoist, the Heart of Blue Lock, has been eliminated from the semifinals to decide the No.1 striker.

Isagi's journey right up till now was filled with many hardships, but what happened during this match was simply incomprehensible. He couldn't make sense of anything that happened, and he was pretty sure that his teammates have noticed his odd behavior too; especially the ones closest to him who knew him the most that he wasn't somebody that would lose focus in the middle of the match while making dumb plays.

And their suspicions were correct indeed. It wasn't like every other day when you'd see the ball flying around everywhere and all the players acting as if it was totally normal.

The depressed Egoist thought he was hallucinating, but he was completely sure that he was all right before the match started. His dreams were crushed in such a way as if it was a sick joke made by a deity to get a good laugh from his misery. Was this the karma for all the players he ruthlessly eliminated due to their incompetence? If so, then karma's a bitch.

Moving on; Isagi just exited the facility as he heard a voice that was on the verge of laughing out loud,

"Y'know? Your running around like a headless chicken gave me a good laugh- pfft!!" Eventually, the man couldn't contain his laughter, and let loose. 

Isagi, in a complete one-eighty, had a calm but furious expression as he made a jab toward the white-haired, blindfolded guy that wore a weird uniform,

"And you should get back to your cave Snow White. Don't want the sun to mess with your pretty skin now, do we?" 

Of course, he knew that this place wasn't the best for physical assault, so he opted to insult him back for his mockery.

However, instead of the desired outcome, the weird guy didn't take any offense to that and just laughed it off.

"Haha! Good one kiddo; looks like Ego wasn't wrong about you having a foul mouth."

This caught Isagi off guard. 'How the hell is he familiar with that otter?' Said Isagi inwardly as his anger faded away, only to be replaced with shock & confusion. The fallen Egoist felt like he was in a fever dream. First, his future career got crushed in the most humiliating way, then met the weirdest guy he had ever seen in his life that somehow knew his football fanatic coach right afterward.

To say he wasn't tempted to yell in order to let out all his frustrations would be an understatement.

'Deep breaths Isagi... Being angry over spilled milk will get you nowhere,' Isagi took a deep breath to calm himself down. That's right, even if he's at his lowest point right now, he should at least try to make himself look presentable to others.

After calming down, Isagi's eyes were solely aimed at the mysterious man, apologizing for his rude insult while analyzing the situation to a terrifying degree for a normal human being, "I apologize for my rude behavior, sir. Is there anything I can help you with?"

'..By the looks of it, he's anything but normal. The way he anticipated my exit, how he's "buddy-buddy" with Ego-sensei, and how he knew about my performance eerily tell me that he's here specifically for me. Besides, he's too underdressed to be a low-level club owner to rope me into some shady stuff... Then it only leaves that incident left out.'

Of course, what else would that guy be here? He knew he wasn't hallucinating during that match because it all felt too real to just put it off as a kid imagining things due to stress, and this wacko being here right now makes this very uncanny considering the timing.

All of his deductions were done in three seconds; this is nothing when you consider that he had to keep track of the whole field for straight ninety minutes with the special technique he developed during a very special part of the Blue Lock project. Well, to be honest, he wasn't in the best moods now so he couldn't help himself from overanalyzing the blindfolded guy; which, contrary to Isagi's opinion, actually seemed to amuse the mysterious guy.

The mysterious blindfolded guy had a faint smile as he replied to Isagi, "Actually, I do have business with you, Isagi-kun; especially your eyes."

'Great... he also knows my name, and huh? My eyes..?' Isagi couldn't make sense of what he meant regarding his eyes, but he couldn't voice out his confusion now, could he? So without missing a beat he responded, "Is this about what happened in that match? The actual reason why I could see the ball flying around but everyone acted as if it was normal?"

The man snapped his fingers while pointing at Isagi, "You catch on pretty quick!" If his tone was anything to go by, it was clear as day that he enjoyed how sharp the Fallen Egoist was. 

'Thanks for lending me your student, Jinpachi-kun; he's a wonderful piece of work. And the way he was about jump on me to give a piece of his mind... Hahaha!! I wonder if he's the bravest person I've ever met or the stupidest?' The man was grinning inside like a kid who just received his Christmas gifts. Maybe he could finally act like the teacher he was supposed to be without getting ridiculed by the higher-ups. But first, he should maintain the act that he's the mysterious guy; he didn't want to lose face in front of this kid who could verbally abuse him to no end now, did he?

'...I'm getting major creepy vibes from this dude..' Isagi was sweating profusely due to in his eyes, it looked as if the man in front of him just found his new toy to play around with. But he did not let this bother him as he said with unwavering determination, "Then please tell me what was it that actually happened, sir." His egoistic aura started to flare up, but unlike its usual color, there was a tint of red to it, and some parts of his aura were glitching as if it was being corrupted by his psyche.

The man had a visible grin this time, likely taking notice of Isagi's corrupted aura as he proceeded to explain the situation to him,

"Tell me Isagi, do you believe in monsters?"

"Huh? What stupid question is that?"

"You see, normal people aren't capable of seeing them, so only special people born with certain gifts can see them."

"Ooookay, so what about it?"

"What I mean is, is that almost anyone born with a Cursed Technique can see these 'monsters' or Curses; there's almost none who can 'reject' seeing them. But one of them is you, Isagi Yoichi."

Isagi was starting to lose his shit. Today was such a rollercoaster that he could probably faint any moment now. Monsters are real? He's somehow a superpowered freak? And this probably super-strong creepy guy is after him? What has his life become to..?

Taking another deep breath to calm his nerves, he asked, "So, how will I be able to see them if I'm 'rejecting' them?"

The man brought up his index & middle fingers as he answered, "It's simple really..." Then tapped Isagi's forehead without even letting him react, "-You just gotta open your eyes."

Isagi's head jerked back as if he was hit with a bullet straight through the head with his eyes widened from the shock of the phenomena he was experiencing at the moment.

"WHAT THE FUCK?! AHHHHHHH!!!" Well, it looks like he did get his wish of venting out his frustrations by screaming, but not in the way he expected as there is nothing but the empty void & a splitting headache which almost made him go crazy. This went on for a minute or two before the headache faded away.

"Today's the worst... *Pant*..*pant*.." Isagi could barely hold himself together, but before he even had the chance to do something else, the scenery changed.

"Huh?" The scenery was that of a few minutes ago when he was faced with the mysterious man that dropped this bombshell on him. Then it happened...

"HAAAAAA!!!" It was rewinding with such a speed that his brain could hardly keep him conscious. There weren't any new memories added, only he could see much more now.

"Holy crap! Was Blue Lock such a monster fest?! And... Is that Bachira's monster?!?" In all of his time in Blue Lock, he saw every nook & cranny was crawling with abhorrent monsters that made him almost puke out of disgust; even Bachira had a monster right beside him, but it was playing football with them instead. So that's what Bachira meant when he said the monster helped him play football?

And then, he noticed something during his memories of the last match. In one corner of the field, there was a human with a long stitch mark on his head and wore a Buddhist monk attire, but Isagi could bet on everything that it was anything but human.

The man had a grin on his face as if he expected something particular to happen while he controlled the monster around the ball, then his grin widened when he saw Isagi taking notice of the ball's movements. But after the game was finished, the man was disappointed likely the thing he was expecting didn't happen.

To some of you reading this, it may come off as cringe as to why Isagi's making a huge fuss about this. But to Isagi... Football was everything to him, it was his lifelong dream, and to see all of it get flushed out by a monster deciding to fool around a bit, made him feel absolute shit.

FWOOSH!!

His aura exploded, and his veins were about to pop out; Isagi was seething right now. Holding his face in pure anger, he pointed at the man who was walking out with his other hand, and declared,

"̴͖͇̝͐̏̊̃̈Í̸͍̤͖̮̿̈́͗'̴͍͋̃̇͋̄ĺ̶̞̘͖̈̓́͠l̷̨̥̯̙̉̂̈ ̵̛̠̝̏̈̑͆̃f̸̙͊͛̿̄u̵̞̯̹̟͆̐̈́̃̕c̷͍͗̆̈̈́̐̚k̶͈͓̃̈͗͘i̷̼̜̤̰͈͙͒̃͋͝n̶͎͚͍͇͔͐͑ǵ̷̞̜̮͐ ̸̥̙̻̜̓ͅk̷̞͕̟̣̳̅̐͆͝ͅî̶͖́́̔̚ĺ̷̛̙̬̥̜̲̰̉̄̎͠l̴͈̕ͅ ̴̝̣͉͇̰̞͊y̷̰̦̪͍̥̅̑ȯ̵̘̱̩̤͉̃͝͠ū̸̧͍͖̠͍̜͝͝ ̴̨͚͇͖̠̟̍̃ė̶̙͇̗̂͝v̴̧̯̩̙͙͕̌̎̀̃ȅ̶̗̙͕̊͆n̶̥͇̪͊͒͒̑̃̾ ̸̢̢̮͖̔̿́ͅĭ̴͚̘f̴͍̪͚̮͈̂͑͊̽̀̍ ̶̛̪̏̾̎́͜͜ȋ̷͍̋ẗ̸̡̟̜̳́'̸̧̞̖́͑̔̚s̶̨̤̯̠̯͊͛̈́̀͝ ̵̠̮͈͚̤̃͌̚ẗ̶̡̨̨̬́͋ḧ̶̠̼̯̹̺̀̈́e̶͇͐ ̸͇̼̖̟̺̀͛͐͂l̶̠̳͔̳͕̬͗̒̒̓a̷̘̜͙͐́̓̒̉s̶̬͉̓͛̿̉̈̈́ţ̵̶̙͉͚̲͖̏̂͆̿͆̓̿͠t̴̨̪͉̖̊̈͛̒͝h̸͈̪̖̦͓͎̃̄͆ȉ̶͙̼̦͍̥̋̕͜n̷͎̠̓͆̋̄̓̂g̷̤̹͉̥͠ ̸̨̦̓̃́I̶̤͗̄͌̀̕ ̸̩͔̑d̷͇̠͙̩̎͛͝o̸̢̝̬̎͘!̶̢̨͈͉̉͝͝ͅ"̵̧̺̣̜͈̈́̌͘̕͝

Unknowingly, Suguru Geto gave birth to a monster, and it was out for his blood.

The rewinding resumed, and now, Isagi saw everything from the moment he entered Blue Lock, to when received his first football for his birthday.

The city wasn't that much different from what he remembered unless you count out the many monsters or 'Curses' as the mysterious man called them. Although, their numbers weren't that much compared to how many he saw in Blue Lock; it made him wonder how in the hell did they survive that place.

There was nothing new until he reached a memory which was about the night he received his most special birthday present; his very first football.

"Let's see... This is how I'm supposed to dribble, right?" A young Isagi was talking to himself with childlike enthusiasm as he tried to play around with the ball in the backyard. At the two sides of the yard, there were two makeshift goalposts that Isagi himself made to practice with them. Then he took off by dribbling, even though it was his first time playing with a ball, he was doing fairly decent due to analyzing his idol's playstyle down to the core. The way he dribbled the ball was very mechanical and it was practically soulless, but it was enough to get the job done. 

"I wonder if I didn't watch Noa-san's matches by accident, would I still strive to be the No.1 striker?" Teen Isagi, who got hit with nostalgia by watching this play out, was reminiscing with a small smile on his face.

"Aaaannnd goal!!!" Kid Isagi shot the ball with pinpoint accuracy from a decent distance and managed to directly hit the spot he envisioned. Both Isagis were happily enjoying this. But then suddenly...

"Goal... Goal.. goal?" A Curse with a very short stature appeared and muttered. It wasn't enough to scare Isagi, but interested him enough to approach him with suspicion.

"Hmmm... you seem pretty harmless, wanna play some football?" Isagi sweetly smiled as he offered the Curse to play with him, even though it was obvious that the one he offered to play with wasn't a human, but rather a monster who could kill him easily if it wanted to.

The Curse looked up to Isagi with determination in his eyes, and excitedly muttered, "Goal!"

The human child & the Curse played football with each other for an hour or two, and despite their vastly major differences, both were enjoying each other's company; until...

"I win!" 

Isagi made a victory pose when he scored the last goal and won the game. This was his first time playing football, and it was with a monster nonetheless, so it was apparent to say that he'd treasure this moment till he passes away, but the real Isagi who's an onlooker to this site didn't remember a single thing like this happening until he managed to put two and two together to understand what's going on.

"Goal..!"

The Curse seemed frustrated as well as angry at losing to this brat. It really wanted to grab Isagi's head, smash him on the tree, and drag him across it to see his anguished face. The angry Curse managed to get Isagi's attention, but instead of worrying about what the monster would do to him, he was concerned about what was going on with the monster itself.

"Mister Monster? Is there anything I could help ya with?"

Instead of answering him, the Curse opened its many eyes and revealed his razor-sharp teeth to Isagi that were covered in drool at the thought of swallowing him.

It was at this moment that Isagi knew, he fucked up. (AN: Press F in the comments.)

"Crap baskets..." Isagi muttered before he booked it and never looked back.

Isagi was now on the streets, running away from the monster who was ought to get revenge on him -by killing him- for winning their duel. For a moment, he turned back to see how far was he from it, only for his face to get drained of all color when he saw that it was very near to him. He then faced forward and began chanting "I don't wanna see it!" like it was some sort of a mantra with tears running down his face,

"I don't wanna see it..! I don't wanna see it.! I don't wanna see it! I don't wanna see it!!! I DON'T WANNA SEE IT!! I DON' WANNA SEE IT!!!!! I̶͈̥̓̿̊ ̵̙̗̾̇͊̃͗̾Ḑ̶̨̺̻͒͆̈́͘͘͝O̵͍̬͚͚̞͊͊̇̋̓͘͜Ņ̷̱͙͖̞̝̎̆͊͑́'̷̡̨͔̬̇͐͗̕ͅT̶̻̟̱̝̓̒͘ ̷̞͈͕͗̒̀W̶̳̄̏̌̔̓͐A̸̡̽N̶̡͓͈̩̲̹͗͛͋̚N̵̳̈́͋̅̇A̶̻̥͋̃̅̉͛̓ ̴̧̛̩͉̎̌̈͜F̵̼͇̼̺̬͉̂̀̇Ụ̵̌͝C̴̜͚͇̥͚̬̎̈́̾K̷̩͚̗̓͌̊͐͠I̴̞̪͕͕͈̪͆̇̑͗Ǹ̶͍͓̜̤G̸͔͊͗̄ ̴̖̞̟̳̙̽̈́͝S̸̲̣̫̔̅E̵̫̰̎Ë̷͔̪́̅͊̕ ̵̟̻̐I̷͚͉̗̟͊͑͋̑̃̄T̵̜̻̘̒̔̎͌̿ͅ!̸̟̉̆̔̄͛ͅ!̷̛̖̻́̏̃̕!̴͇́"

When he said it for the final time, his voice got distorted and his eyes flashed with bright, blue light as his head jerked back, thus, hitting the pavement and knocking himself out.

"So that's what he meant by how I 'rejected' seeing them..." The real Isagi uttered to himself while cupping his chin as he pondered the implications of this. He didn't bother with looking at the scene because he knew what would happen next; waking up alone in the street and not knowing what in the actual hell happened.

Before he could ponder any further, he heard the sound of the mysterious man trying to wake him up,

"Wakey-wakey! It's time to wake up I-sa-gi-kun!"

*SNAP*

The blindfolded man snapped his fingers and Isagi was back where he was before... that happened. He then blinked a few times to check whether he was back to reality or not. After making sure, he faced the white-haired man to listen what he had to say.

Noticing that Isagi's waiting for him to say something, the man smirked as he said in Isagi's language while background music began playing,

(Queue: ALI ft. K.A.N.T.A - MOONBEAMS SATELLITE)

"Wanna kill the fuckers who messed with ya?"

Isagi's body blew up in imaginary puzzle pieces and his pupils became distorted as his aura flared up again, then declared with such conviction which made even the mysterious man believe he could achieve what he said,

"Yeah, I wanna execute them and sit on their corpses to show them who's superior."

The white-haired man widened his smirk before he pulled down his blindfold to reveal his glistering blue eye as he responded with the equal amount of energy,

"Welcome to Jujutsu Kaisen, Egoist, Isagi Yoichi!"

Gojo Satoru, the strongest Jujutsu Sorcerer, gleefully anticipated for how much fun Isagi's presence could bring to Jujutsu Society.

The moment the last piece of the puzzle wanted to attach itself onto Isagi's puzzle-like body, it glitched out and its color changed from white to black. On it, was written...

"R̶͕̼̫̫͙̩̩͋̉̄͛͌͋́̊͜e̸̖̍̾̽͘v̶̬̗̮͎͉̳̯́̏̀̕͝͝͠é̶̏̃̈́̑̑̕͘ͅǹ̵̡̤̬͓̤͙͍̍͘g̸͎̼̻̤̼̮͋͘ͅe̶̛̬̣̦̼͛̒͊̇̚̕͝"

 

~~~~

Hi! New author here, although this isn't my actual first story, but its my first time posting on SH; so please forgive me if I don't know how to use the mechanics here ;-;

4