CHAPTER 1
2.8k 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gunpowder smoke was billowing, and the eyes were full of desolation.

In the boundless sand and rocks, the wreckage of the downed mechas was scattered all over the place, and the cockpit not far away was also bombarded horribly. The man in the cabin was fully injured. This accident almost destroyed his body. He seemed to have lost his life.

Du Chengli lay dead like this for a long time, unable to accept that the mission had failed.

Although the task is challenging, in the face of absolute power, there is no possibility of failure unless the power fails.

Not long ago, Du Chengli, who has void stage cultivation, suddenly had his dantian spiritual qi emptied. He lost all his power in the blink of an eye. The interstellar mission with an absolute chance of completion automatically failed because he suddenly lost his power.

Du Chengli opened his eyes and said, "Please explain."

No one was around except scorched earth and black smoke, but a voice answered this question. The voice came from inside Du Chengli's brain. It was the Qi Ling system of the Xiaoqian World Protection Association, and his number was forty-one.

The voices of the forty-one were very aggrieved: "President, it's not my fault. I am also innocent. I am also a victim."

Du Chengli interrupted coldly: "Let's get to the point."

Forty-one: "It's all because you're pregnant."

Du Chengli was silent for a while, then said, "After returning to the association, I will send you to repair."

Forty-one: "No, I'm serious. You have to believe me! I won't have a problem even if the association goes bankrupt. No problem"

Du Chengli raised his voice slightly: "So I'm the one with a problem?"

Forty-one: "President, please accept the reality."

Du Chengli: "No."

Three months ago...

Du Chengli was still lying in the crystal coffin of the Xiaoqian World Protection Association, and his belly hadn't grown up yet.

At least, it doesn't appear to be.

The coffin he lay in looked rectangular, but it was a body container specially customised by the Association for Salvation Commissioners. Get the best maintenance and spiritual nourishment.

The coffin Du Chengli lay in was the largest, the best, and the highest-ranked in the association.

Not only because he is the vice president of the association and the model worker in the three thousand worlds but also because he has carried out the most challenging task in history by clearing out the disharmonious factors in the small world of the high plane by dividing himself.

Although the association is an official organisation affiliated with the Sanqing Bureau, due to the high intensity of work and the lack of remuneration, talents, especially senior talents, are in short supply. As vice president, Du Chengli was the first to bear the brunt of sharing the worries of the association and the world's ordinary people and dedicating himself to world peace.

So, after learning that there were high-risk hidden dangers in the eight small worlds simultaneously, Du Chengli cut himself into eight pieces with a 30-meter broadsword without hesitation. The soul and body of Yuanshen were reshaped separately, so there were eight Du Chengli. The eight Du Chengli devoted themselves to different planes simultaneously and started the rescue operation. The original Du Chengli lay down in the coffin after that.

"President Du, how do you feel?"

The staff carefully looked at the crystal coffin full of energy. The man lying inside finally opened his eyes. He had beautiful eyes. The eyes are focused and energetic. They look at people affectionately, even if he glances at others casually. That eyes can touch people's hearts at a glance.

But the corresponding face had no superfluous expressions. The face was handsome as a sculpture, without any vitality.

"How long?"

Sitting in a coffin filled with high-level spiritual springs, Du Chengli rubbed the centre of his brows. A string of water droplets rolled up from his hands, sliding from his cheeks to his graceful collarbone, slightly protruding chest, and finally to his firm abdomen. Every frame is a perfect interpretation of a sexy male body.

"Ah, one hundred years!"

"You have been doing this mission for a hundred years, President Du!"

Before the staff present had time to appreciate it, President Du walked out of the coffin. When he passed by the crowd, he was already wrapped in a dark purple robe, covering all the spring light airtightly.

"Sort out ten high-level and difficult tasks for me."

As soon as this remark emerged, all the staff members were shocked: "You were dividing yourself into eight parts before!" Even the broken vase that sticks back needs to be handled with care, and now you said you have to do the task!? And is it a high-level and difficult double-high task?

"Ah, not now, President Du!"

"Wait, President Du, you need to retreat and rest."

"You can't accept the task yet, President!"

"Your body is important, President Du!"

Du Chengli didn't care about these voices at all. He felt a little uncomfortable after the fusion of his eight souls. His memory was disordered, but it wasn't a big problem.

What's more, in his opinion, the speed of retreat practice is tantamount to wasting his life and time.

With his professional ability, the right way is to transfer the merit points obtained after completing the task to the cultivation base.

At this time, he didn't know that there were some roadblocks on this righteous path.

By the time Du Chengli found out, the roadblocks had smashed him up and down, and he was already dead in the deserted star.

Forty-one: "Well, President, if you had checked your body well at that time and hadn't rushed to the mission, such an accident would not have happened."

Du Chengli was too lazy to listen to such nonsense and said calmly: "It's not too late to return to the association for inspection. You and I both need to be inspected."

Forty-one: "President, I'm normal."

Du Chengli: "If you're normal, you won't judge that I'm pregnant."

Forty-One: "But you're pregnant."

Du Chengli: "Shut up."

Forty-one: "Then what do we do now?"

Du Chengli: "Wait."

The wait was long, but he had to wait.

Du Chengli's spiritual qi was suddenly emptied. Apart from breathing out the spiritual qi autonomously while waiting for his body to return to the void, he was dying and didn't even have the strength to move his fingers.

However, his cultivation base in the Void Returning Stage was not that good either.  

He was blasted into a bloody mess until his internal organs were torn apart. Luckily his body would not die so quickly. As long as he can recover some spiritual qi, he can repair himself with a finger flick.

However, even after Du Chengli repaired his body, it was not easy for him to return to the association.

He came out of the cockpit and walked around on this lonely planet. Apart from the smell of scorched earth, he could not feel any signs of life.

Ling Qi is also very thin.

With this density of spiritual qi, Du Chengli would not be able to recover 10% of his power even after absorbing it for a hundred years. He needs at least 10% of his power to return to the Great Thousand World. After returning, he must go to the association for a physical examination.

Forty-One: "President, the ultimate mission of saving the world has failed, and it is detected that the plane will collapse within a day."

"What shall we do next?"

Du Chengli changed himself into clean clothes. He has a good figure, without a trace of fat, except for a slight bulge in his lower abdomen.

He ignored the discord and said calmly: "The small world collapsed, and the association will arrange for the powerful to come and go back in time."

"Although the side effects are relatively large, it can be regarded as maintaining the ecological balance."

Forty-one: "Dear President, who cares about this small world's ecological balance?"

"I mean, what should we do?"

"This small world is too remote, and with the spirit energy in your body right now, it's not enough for me to contact the association to call for help."

Du Chengli frowned and interrupted, "There is no need to call for help for such a trivial matter."

Forty-One: "President!"

"I haven't found a partner yet. You can't be so cruel!"

Du Chengli took out his handkerchief, carefully wiped off the blood on his face, and said, "Take a mission from the nearest plane, and we'll talk after leaving here."

Good idea!

Why didn't it think about it?

As the association's vice president, Du Chengli had forty-one as his system. It has always had the highest authority, and the tasks are chosen randomly. However, there is a basic premise for the random selection of tasks: the host is competent.

Before the dividing mission, Du Chengli was a late-stage Nascent Soul cultivator. He had always worked hard for Three Thousand Worlds. He could clear most of the high-level tasks with a wave.

But now, although Du Chengli has already absorbed all eight of his souls and advanced to the void stage, his condition is worrying, and he can't even think about clearing the double-high mission.

Forty-One silently glanced at the taskbar and said cautiously: "President, the nearest plane that Ling Qi can withstand is also an interstellar civilisation."

"With your current state, you can only accept tasks with medium and low difficulty."

The full name of the association is the Little Thousand World Protection Association. As the name suggests, it aims to protect the Little Thousand World. The tasks released by the association are divided into three difficulty levels: high, medium, and low.

The most challenging thing is directly participating in saving the world. This is similar to turning the tide and saving the small world about to die with one's power. For example, the mission that Du Chengli just failed.

The medium difficulty is to achieve the stability and prosperity of the small world by obtaining various quest items or achieving different unique plots to influence the direction of the world from critical points. For example, Du Chengli's previous task simultaneously harmonised eight high-risk factors.

The low difficulty has little to do with saving the world. It is mostly investigation, survey, measurement, and custom research, and the life index is the highest. But Du Chengli has never done such a low-level task.

Fortunately, Du Chengli not only cleaned up his mood but also his whole body. There were no bloody scars from being bombed to pieces like before. He put the tie back into the vest meticulously and said, "Okay, choose the one with the highest merit value."

Forty-One: "Well, don't you want to compare the contents of each task?"

Du Chengli put on his coat, buttoned it up, and said, "There's no time."

forty-one: "That, that..."

Du Chengli: "Why are you stuttering?"

Forty-one: "I want to remind you that you have already been to the next plane."

"This is one of the worlds you conquered after dividing yourself."

Du Chengli accurately calculated the time, and, obviously not allowing it to continue talking, he waved his hand and said, "It doesn't matter; let's go."

Forty-One: "Oh."

8