Chapter 1 Reborn
36 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In an ordinary highschool classroom in China, everyone was currently staring at one youth who had fallen asleep with his head on his desk.

Every student was wearing a school uniform, except for one boy next to that sleeping student. That boy, wearing a leather jacket and baggy pants, reached out to try waking up the sleeping student but stopped as he heard their homeroom teacher say, "Let me handle this Lin Zhong."

The snarky and skinny male teacher wearing glasses walked from the whiteboard over to the sleeping student's desk and slammed his hand down with a "Bang!"

The sleeping student was startled awake and instantly stood up as his chair was pushed back.

The teacher didn't wait for him to react and just immediately started giving a speech, "Student Wei Yao! Just because you get good-," or he tried to but he looked into the previously sleeping student's eyes and just… Froze.

His mind couldn’t generate any more thoughts. His hairs stood on end. His words were caught in his mouth. His breathing nearly stopped.

Finally, he had one coherent thought, Am I dying?

This lasted for only a moment though as a sound broke him out of his stupor.

It was the bell signaling the end of class.

The teacher was momentarily disoriented and his memories of what happened just seconds ago were slightly foggy.

He looked at the student still standing in front of him. Currently the student was wearing a devilish smile but besides that, nothing was out of the ordinary. Besides being a little more handsome and looking a little timid, he looked like any of the other boys in the class.

Feeling creeped out and wanting to leave as soon as possible, the teacher said, “Class dismissed!” and practically ran out of the room.

Only he would know that the other reason he ran so quickly was that he felt a wetness in his pants.

The other students were slightly confused and curious as to what just happened but now that class was over they no longer cared.

All of them left, except for two. The previously sleeping but now awake and brightly smiling, Wei Yao, and the one that had tried to wake him up, Lin Zhong.

Lin Zhong was slightly muscular and looked like a tough thug. This was due to how he acted along with his short blond hair and the leather jacket he always wore.

If not for his black eyes and tanned skin, one might think he wasn’t a chinese.

Normally he always wore a slightly lewd smile like a confident playboy, but now concern was plastered on his face.

At this moment, Lin Zhong was standing in front of Wei Yao and trying to get his attention by talking to him and even waving his hands in front of him.

Wei Yao however, was giving him zero heed. He didn’t show any signs of reacting and just wore a smile. As if he was braindead.

But that was not the case at all. Currently, his mind was racing with thoughts running through his mind at lightning speed.

An illusion? No, I definitely died. I felt my soul itself dissipating. Let alone not being dead, why am I back in the past? This is my past highschool and the dead Lin Zhong is now alive again as well.

Have I reincarnated in the past? Time travel? How? Did someone or something cause this? Not even the treasures or techniques I had could do this.

I can't find out for now at least. The only thing I can do is not waste this new chance.

After finishing his thoughts the first thing he did was not to answer Lin Zhong, currently trying to get his attention but to reach into his pocket and take out his cheap phone.

He was slightly anxious as he checked the date.

'Friday May 23rd, 2003!'

He almost wanted to yell in joy as he thought, 'This gives me more than enough time!'

After seeing that the time was 4:00pm and that school was over he also felt an even greater excitement build up within him.

He wanted to immediately just run out of here but he didn’t and instead finally talked to Lin Zhong who had started to get worried even going so far as to shake him.

"Brother Zhong, you can stop now. I am paying attention now."

Hearing this Lin Zhong breathed a sigh of relief and said, "Wooh, you really had me worried there. First you suddenly fall asleep and then after waking up you ignore everything around you. Are you alright? Should I take you to the hospital?"

The genuine care and concern in his words made Wei Yao nearly choke up for a moment.

He actually hugged Lin Zhong while saying: "Thank you brother. I really missed you."

Lin Zhong was stunned and a little scared saying: "Yao, you're scaring me here. Let's hurry up and head to the hospital."

Wei Yao let go of him while laughing before saying: "Haha, don't worry! I'm fine. In fact! I feel better than I ever have before!"

Lin Zhong gave him a confused stare but Wei Yao didn't let him talk again as he had somewhere he wanted to be more than anywhere else at this moment.

"Brother, I am heading home now. I will be busy today. I will text you another time when I am free."

After saying this Wei Yao immediately left the room almost sprinting.

He continued his pace and ran out of the school.

Running for another fifteen minutes he was out of breath by the time he reached his destination.

Across the street from him was a small building with four floors.

On the first floor was a quaint little coffee shop.

Although it seemed like any old coffee shop, to Wei Yao, it held a great significance in his heart. During this time in the past, he lived on the third floor of this coffee shop.

However, neither the coffee shop nor the fact that he lived here were the things that were currently making him so nervous to the point where he no longer dared to take a step forward.

Is-

Yun are you-

If I came back to the past that means she should still be alive too.

She should be on break right now.

He built up his courage but he was still almost shaking as he took slow and deliberate steps towards the door of the coffee shop. He was too nervous to the point he was even sweating.

If she isn't there…

Normally he would be cold, calculating, and never fear anything, even death. But now he was so nervous he could barely think.

As he got closer and looked through the glass he was slightly relieved to see everything just how he remembered it.

This gave him a little more courage as he opened the door making the bell ring.

The next thing that made his face lighten up was the kind and young womanly voice from behind the counter.

"Ah little bro Yao! You're back a little early today!"

This voice didn't belong to the woman he was looking for, but he remembered she should be a 20 years old college student named Shi Fe who also worked here and was friends with the person he so dearly missed.

She looked quite peppy and athletic along with blonde hair that was a little abnormal but her body was hidden away behind a black apron. Her green eyes were clear to all though but he didn’t even look at her and still all this popped in his mind.

It was so long ago but as it had to do with her, he still remembered this person’s features extremely clearly.

Even after she spoke he didn’t look at her or even bother to really respond to her. Instead he just stared at the door leading to the back.

With his heart tight in his chest he didn't give any greetings or explanations and only asked, "Sis is upstairs right?"

The woman was a little confused seeing his extremely apparent nervousness and quickly replied, "Yeah, she's on break. Is something wrong?"

Hearing those words he didn't want to waste a second longer and immediately ran to the door and opened it heading to the back and stairs.

Not stopping for a moment longer he ran up the stairs.

When he reached the top and looked across the room he saw a woman lying on the couch and reading a book.

0