Chapter 4 Great Being’s First Normal Morning
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He woke up the next morning feeling very excited.

He checked the time on his phone and saw it was 5:30 am.

As I increase my strength I will have less need for sleep. Today I slept a little longer, but around six hours a night should be good enough.

That wasn't what he was excited about though. What he was excited about was the sunlight currently pouring into his room.

Time to practice the other verse.

He got up and went out onto his balcony. There he saw the sun hanging in the sky emitting rays of heat. He felt the mist within his dantian become active as if longing for something and immediately sat down.

He breathed in as he recited the other part of the scripture, With the sun as my fuel, I journey to surpass.

Instantly he felt his body heat up as the sunlight gathered towards him entering his body along with the qi around him.

He felt his physical body become energized and after the sunlight entered his dantian, it instantly gathered within the foggy mist before clumping into a shining golden ball that radiated out a golden light.

At that moment the white qi within his dantian seemed to gain a golden hue.

He breathed out a sigh of relief thinking, Phew I have successfully stepped into the first layer of qi refinement and established a strong foundation.

He didn't stop cultivating though and more and more sunlight entered his dantian along with more qi.

The qi was purified by the sunlight, moonlight, and starlight becoming purer.

After an hour, the previous white mist with faint light that only took up a hundredth of his dantian now became a gold tinged white mist that took up a twentieth of his dantian.

Not only that, within this mist was a small golden ball releasing golden rays, rays of moonlight randomly shooting across, and dots of blue light flickering.

Although I still have yet to complete the first layer of the qi refinement realm my strength should still be pretty good, especially with my various methods and tricks.

He stood up and went back into his room before changing into a new set of work clothes. After that he left his room and walked down the stairs with a smile on his face.

And that was because-

"Ah, good morning Yao!"

Yep, he was excited to spend time with Liao Yun again.

"Morning Sister!"

She laughed seeing him so enthusiastic so early and asked, "What's got you so excited?"

He was stunned for a moment seeing her beautiful figure while laughing with such joy and absentmindedly replied, "Your smile!"

She was also stunned for a moment hearing the reply and said back, "You sure know how to make a sister happy huh! You must be popular with the ladies at school with your grades and sweet tongue."

Wei Yao felt a little hurt hearing this but he knew she didn't know his feelings.

I can only slowly change Sister's opinion of me from here on out.

Thinking that, he resolutely said, "No. I don't pay attention to any of the girl's at school and never compliment any of them."

With my serious tone Liao Yun didn't know what to say back for a moment.

He decided to change the conversation saying, "Sister let me make breakfast today," as he moved to the kitchen.

Whether it was because Wei Yao's words stunned her or for some other reason she actually agreed saying: "Fine. Let's see if your food is as good as your words."

After that she went to the tv and just relaxed on the couch.

From the kitchen, Wei Yao saw this and smiled before focusing himself.

He quickly cracked some eggs into a pan and then began making some pancakes as well.

While he was cooking Liao Yun could smell it from the couch and said, “Ooh! Pancakes and eggs!”

Wei Yao smiled as he said, “I remember your favorites.”

The two of them then chatted a little more while he was cooking. Liao Yun was quite excited after realizing what he was making.

After it was done he then put some strawberries on the pancakes and some other little sides too.

After he finished putting the food on the table he called out, "It's done."

As soon as she heard that Liao Yun immediately rushed to the table.

They both sat down and Liao Yun couldn't hold herself back as she immediately started digging in.

Wei Yao wore an eager smile as he asked her, "How is it?"

Lioa Yun almost moaned, "Mmm good! Very good!"

Wei Yao, a little complacent, said, "So is my food as good as my words?"

She was at a loss for words for a moment before suddenly she smiled and said, "Yes your food is so good that I think you should make breakfast from now on."

"Sure."

After that he started eating as well. The rest of their breakfast was pretty quiet as Liao Yun was engrossed with the food.

After they finished, Wei Yao asked, "Shall we go open up?"

Liao Yun checked her phone and seeing that it was close to 7am, said, "Yes, let's go."

With that they went downstairs and opened up the coffee shop.

 

Whether it was cleaning the tables, making coffee, or something else he was very enthusiastic.

As long as I’m doing it alongside her, even something like this that would normally be the most mundane and boring is instead one of the most joyful experiences I’ve ever had.

While he was cleaning a table, he watched as Liao Yun handed a customer their coffee with a smile and couldn't help but think, If the world wasn't going to change soon, then I wouldn't mind just living like this for a while.

His gaze sharpened though as he thought, Since that's not a possibility though, I will instead let her enjoy all this world has to offer. But I will miss these times as well.

Right now, their living situation wasn't so bad. They had to work hard, but so did everyone else. At least they had no debts and could eat decently well. Even in the original timeline, he got good enough grades to get a scholarship to a good college. When he finished, he could've gotten a good job.

Above all else he had a good brother in Lin Zhong and although Liao Yun probably wouldn't have accepted his feelings, she treated him as her little brother. He would've been happy with that.

But then that day happened. The world changed.

None of that mattered anymore though, now he would enjoy their simple life up until he had to protect it.

0