Chapter 10 How?
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wei Yao was pleasantly surprised about his good luck and immediately said, "Perfect! This shouldn't be too hard then. I am sure you can gather together the members of your gang right?"

Shi Ke nodded and asked, "Why though?"

Wei Yao laughed before saying, "I will become the new leader of your gang and you will be rewarded for helping me. Not only that. I will make it the number one gang in Jiuling."

Remembering Wei Yao's earlier performance and hearing his words, Shi Ke couldn't help but become excited and ask, "When should I have them gather? Tonight?"

Wei Yao momentarily wanted to agree, but thought about it for a moment and decided to be cautious.

So he said, "Let's do it tomorrow. I have some stuff to do tonight. My number is ###. Any time will be fine. Just call me to let me know when."

Shi Ke nodded and hurriedly said, "Yes! Yes!"

With that Wei Yao said, "Let's go then brother."

Lin Zhong nodded and followed behind him.

After they left the bar, Lin Zhong said, "let's  go to the park. I want to see your skills for myself."

Wei Yao nodded silently. He knew Lin Zhong would want to do this.

He had protected Wei Yao many times before. He just couldn't believe in Wei Yao's abilities without seeing them for himself.

They walked to the park and were happy to see it was mostly empty. They found a place in the grass and Wei Yao put down his bag before saying: "Come at me."

Lin Zhong didn't immediately agree. He was a pretty good fighter with a decently strong body. He didn't want to hurt Wei Yao.

But, remembering the attitude of the men earlier and the story, he finally agreed before picking up his fists.

As for Wei Yao, he just stood there casually with his hands in his pockets.

Lin Zhong got closer and threw a punch at Wei Yao.

All he did though was just quickly lean out of the way, much faster than Lin Zhong could react. Immediately after, he brought up his leg and stopped his knee right in front of Lin Zhong's chest.

Lin Zhong braced himself seeing his quick actions but could only let out a breath of relief after realizing Wei Yao stopped himself from hitting him.

Right after, Wei Yao pulled back and then said, "Go all out. Don't worry about hurting me. Even if you hit me it won't really do anything to me. I also won't hurt you. If you can land a blow on me it's your win."

Seemingly amped up by his challenge, Lin Zhong rushed forward and started crazily attacking.

However, Wei Yao just easily dodged each punch or kick. It was not only his faster speed but it was also as if he could perfectly predict each of Lin Zhong's next moves.

And he could. With his vast fighting experience and having witnessed Lin Zhong fight many times before it was easy for him to predict his moves.

He dodged each attack with the simplest of movements whether it was tilting his head, leaning to the side, ducking down, or even a light leap.

After several moves Lin Zhong started to sweat whereas Wei Yao was still dodging without breaking a sweat.

Seeing this Lin Zhong finally stopped and grumbled, "What not hurting me? You didn't even attempt to attack back and just dodged the entire time."

Wei Yao just smiled in response.

Despite saying that, he had already acknowledged Wei Yao's prowess.

"How did you become so strong?"

Wei Yao did not answer and instead looked at the spectators that had gathered before saying: "Let's talk at my place."

Lin Zhong realized this wasn't the best place to talk and agreed. Wei Yao grabbed his bag and they left.

When they reached the coffee shop it was close to 5pm.

He walked in and greeted, "I'm back Sister!"

Lin Zhong came in and greeted her as well, "Hi Sister Yun. How's it going?"

Behind the counter Liao Yun's face lit up with a beautiful smile. 

"Nice to see you Lin Zhong. It's going well. What are you guys up to?"

Wei Yao spoke first, "I'm just gonna help him out with some school stuff like usual."

He would often help Lin Zhong with stuff related to school.

So Liao Yun didn't question further, only reminding, "Don't forget to give yourself some time to relax."

Lin Zhong assured, "I won't bother him much. I just need a little help."

With that the two of them went up to Wei Yao's room.

Wei Yao sat cross legged on the bed and Lin Zhong pulled over the chair from by the desk.

Lin Zhong started off asking, "You're still my brother Wei Yao right? You seem different,"

Wei Yao nodded and said, "Yes. My soul or consciousness or whatever you want to call it just came back from many years in the future."

"How?"

"I'm not too sure myself."

"So did you join the military or something in the future? Is that where you learned to fight? Wait no. That doesn’t explain how you got faster and stronger physically right?"

At this point Wei Yao scratched his head before saying, "Well how do I say this? Do you know those stories and novels about wuxia, xianxia, cultivation, and the like?"

Lin Zhong could see where he was going with this so although it felt incredulous, he said, "You mean cultivation and cultivators seeking immortality really exist?"

Wei Yao nodded and held up his hand. A strand of qi exited his dantian and floated above his palm.

Seeing a bright white 'fog' suddenly appear above Wei Yao's hand, Lin Zhong was stunned.

"This is spiritual qi."

"Woah! So you are already a cultivator!"

He suddenly had a thoughtful expression as he asked, "Wait, does yesterday's events have anything to do with you coming back in time?"

Wei Yao nodded and said, "Yes I came back during class yesterday."

He then laughed and said, "I scared the teacher quite a bit too."

0