001 – My Untimely Death
56 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(A/N: Hi, Avon hear. I am writing this just to improve my writing and worldbuilding skills and because I find it fun. Chapters will be written sporadically as I have free time. I will not put a schedule up because I am writing a fanfiction as well, (Reborn as an American in the MCU) and have a bunch of other stuff going on in my life. As for (So, I’m in another world, Huh?) I think jumped into the deep end while having aquaphobia and have decided stop writing that until I’ve improved a bit.

As for why I’m writing this it is because I have seen others doing this idea and thought it would be fun if I do my own version. So yes, this will be a Self-Insert. The cover art is by my friend, (FireGirlSam) Who only makes brilliant art when she feels like it. Lemons will be implied, not shown.

If you wish to support this Fiction as well as view bonus “stuff” from it in the future please go to my Patreon: (Click Here)

Please criticize my work I want to improve, and I will respond to all comments within twenty-four hours, Thank you!

And now on with the story…)


Legend:

“Speech”

‘Thoughts’

(Author’s Ramblings)

[POV changes and Time skips]

{Ambient Sounds}

<System>


Tristan was never anything special. He was the epitome of a boring MC. He was no orphan with a tragic upbringing. He wasn’t the forgotten son of someone important. He was not the descendent of a mighty champion.

He was just a plain old Tristan Moore.

Lockdown had just ended, and he had decided to do something fun. Like a lot of other people, he had become depressed during lockdown and his only solace was that he had start to play some DND over zoom with a few friends when his GF Sienna Invited him.

He had never really been into stuff like that but decided to humour her. Before that he had mostly just stuck to reading the odd book, he found and watching random Netflix series or YouTube videos.

But, after playing for the first time he got into the groove and began to act on character and loved the immersion. He had played for hours over the two years that he was trapped at home after his college began having more lessons exclusively on teams after multiple attempts to start going back to campus.

He had also started to read and watch recommendations from people as he began to join groups online for games and a few times tried his hand at being a DM. He failed miserably but still had fun doing it. 

He had an extreme fascination with Isekai. The idea of just somehow finding yourself in a whole new world that could be explored fascinated him. It had started with spirited away but had spiralled until there was not a single one, he had not watched in both sub and dub if possible.

To be clear he had no intention of actually wanting to go there he was happy with his life as it was, but it sometimes life got to him like it did everyone else.

One day he was just scrolling thourgh webnovel looking for a new story that might pique his interest. Personally, he found the sight to be a bit shallow, but it had a much higher number of stories and a larger fanbase than its smaller counter parts like Royal or Scribble.

He got a text from Sienna say that America had finally opened its borders and she was getting the next flight she could, here to the UK. This synchronised up perfectly with his upcoming half-term.


[Tristan – A Few Weeks Later…]

Sienna had been truthful. She had been on the next plane she could get a ticket on which arrived a few days ago. I had picked her up from the airport and we went to a nice restaurant after finding a sitter. She said she was taking her three weeks of annual leave from her job in Atlanta. We had then gone back to my flat.

The last time Sienna was in the UK she was like eleven, so she was excited to do a bunch of the theme parks here. I had taken a gap year before starting college and gone over to the U.S. to spend time with her. We had been to dozens of theme parks when she managed to get some time off.

The only reason I had not proposed to her was because mom and dad collectively, had decided to kick the bucket. After leaving the stove on in the house. Thankfully, my little sister Annabelle who was at a sleepover survived. The only other casualty was our almost world record breaking twenty-six year old Abyssinian name KitKat.

(Don’t blame me, I was like three when we got him.)

So long Guinness Book of World Records.

But that meant that either I adopted my eight-year-old sister, or she goes to the shady grandparents on mother’s side that I have never spoken with. So, I reluctantly moved back to the UK, got a job and along with benefits from the government and the amount left to us by our folks, we lived comfortably. I decided to finally bite the bullet and finish my Uni degree as well once I had saved up.

So, once sienna was here, I brought both her and Anna to a bunch of places. The first day Anna had off school, we all went to Chessington then the next Thorpe. We also had a London trip planned as well as Legoland and Disneyland Paris as well as Drusilla’s and Marwell zoos. Today we were at a place where we could do abseiling, zip wire, wind tunnels and free fall. As well as the thing I really wanted to do bungee jumping.

You can guess what happened next. I will even give you a tiny little clue.

{Splat.}

You got it now?

That’s right criminal negligence. Someone F***** Up because all I remember is jumping and falling and falling and falling. Never feeling the pull back as the cord reached tension. I only felt the tension a few metres off the ground as it got closer and closer. I did not even have time to register what had happened until after. At least I just blacked out before I touched the ground I would not liked to have had to feel what it was like to hit the ground at sixty-six metres a second.

So I now sit here In a void. Just pure black. I can’t move. Or feel anything.

‘You know this would be a very funny way to get Isekai’d (I know.). At least I didn’t die at the hands of truck-kun’s older brother: lorry-kun.’

‘Am I still alive?’

I doubt that. But if I’m dead how come I can still reason. Mind feels clear, but I just take longer to think about something.

<Analysing Potential Host…>

‘What?’ Tristan asked ‘Whose there?’

<Analysis Complete.>

<Attempting to Adapt to host’s soul structure…>

<Complete.>

<Would you like to bond to System?>

<Yes.>       <No.>

‘S***’

3