Season-Marvel Ep 3
302 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3

He almost threw the axe away, in the end, he decided not to. He tried to take a deep breath, his feelings of anxiety sort of faded off, as he switched focus from trying to defeat the lizard to gaining more information.

He hadn't recognized the tight grip he had put on the axe and exactly how angry he had been.

Whether waiting or not was the right choice he'd never know.

The devastation caused by the explosion was quite massive there was a gaping hole in the Crescent shaped building of Oscorp. He could see into the areas that weren't supposed to be connected. It looked like the inner part of the building had been medical while the outer looked like an extravagant seven star hotel.


Crescent shaped building within it one of the rooms located at the outermost ring of the building was an extravagant palace. Curtains, windows and paintings from the ceiling to the floor. The walls were painted yellow gold, and more architecture than this room really needed. 

Then he realized it was a personal room. There were certain creature comforts that seemed much more personalized than commercial, the strange collection of artifacts that seem to range from old pottery from random civilizations from Aztec to the Aboriginals in Australia with how old certain boomerangs looked. 

He had this very distinct suspicion that this was Osborne's home. Home was a very generous word to use, this seemed more like a museum, almost like he was showing off. Which if Sieghart thought about it, he wouldn't be very surprised.

A massively tacky waste of money. Six floors in height and taking up a hundred by seventy meters in width and length.

He heard the sound of a steadily increasing jet engine. It seemed to be heading for this room. There was a rising maniacal laughter as well increasing with the jet engine.

Sieghart shook his head, this wasn’t the time to meander, he looked around quickly trying to find a place to hide. Most of the place was open, full of display pieces and pedestals much of it terrible cover. He spotted the balcony of the next floor which would provide a modicum of cover. He jumped off one the tables to the pillar before grabbing the bottom edge of the balcony and pulling himself up and over.

A few moments passed and nothing happened. The laughter continued to increase. Then at its crescendo, the giant carpet covering the floor exploded. Ash and debris pierced the walls some of which bounced of the balcony railing he was hiding behind.  

Sieghart couldn’t see him from where he was, nor did he want to. 

Unlike his previous iterations he had a strange armoured green camouflage, with purple chainmail on top as if he didn’t really care for protection. Spray Painted onto it was a STOP and DIE in white. He stood atop the Glider a state of the art military drone turned into his personal attack aircraft with built in bombs, lasers, and whatever else he could fit into it. Purple Shows, armguards and an elf’s hat completed it. And he had a cutlass. 

His voice a terrifying maniacal quality to it, “What ho! Mean and Green! The Goblin has come out to play!” Laughing at the top of his lungs before bursting out of the ceiling glass, the remains falling down like a thousand knives against metal. 

Sieghart stayed where he was for a moment just trying to calm himself. 

‘There was no one in the room, and the lunatic still talked to himself.’

 It was one thing to see him drawn as a 2D cartoon, played by an actor with terrible CGI, or even hand drawn in a comic. It was another thing completely to witness the mad man in reality. 

Half of him had wanted to talk to him, before he reminded himself, that wasn’t an actor and this was very much real. 

He took a breath, calming himself before jumping over the railing onto the ground below and running over to the cratored hole in the ground. There wasn’t. It was a perfect square shaped elevator shaft that seemed to go down floor after floor. The debris was from the floor’s doors. 

It was a long way down. There wasn’t a way unless… 

He noted the length of the curtains hanging near the front of the room from the top of the ceiling to the floor. The six story long curtains. 

.

Tying them all together and using it as stupidly long rope to rappel down was worrying after he got to the first knot. He really hoped it held. 

He looked down, lights at every few intervals showed up. It went on for quite a ways. He was worried that once he got to the bottom there would be a passcode or a security code and he’d have to climb all the way back up. 

Luckily, he made it to the bottom without losing his grip. Unluckily, there was a security gate. There was an almost an invisibly thin slot in the wall right beside the door. He almost hadn’t noticed it until he walked closer. He looked to his card and wondered if he should bother. He put in the card he had gotten, and nothing happened for a few moments, long enough that he’d gotten worried. 

Then it slid open. 

'This clearly isn't a medical testing lab...' for one the ridiculous number of weaponry lining the walls. Everything from bombs to borderline sci-fi guns to the state of the line military vehicles. He was sure if he looked hard enough that he would find a metal table used to strap people to it alongside a giant laser hovering over it.

The entire facility seem to be carved out of a cave a lot of its formation was very Rocky, the bottom parts of it were completely modern with metal cat walks here and there and glass containers displaying a variety of different things. This was definitely Osborne especially with how extravagant some of the displays looked. At the back of the room there was an enclosed glass box within it green Smoke which started pouring out of it from the broken glass box.

There was some strange green Mist clinging to the ground a soft cloud cover. When he sniffed it smelled horrible, unfortunately for him there weren't any gas masks around.

He was starting to feel dizzy as well, this wasn't good. And if it couldn't get any better just as he had made his way into the middle of the room, from behind him walked Reaper.

Then the door behind them closed, before the glass box with the green Mist suddenly exploded with the gas. And he heard a laugh," haha haha, two peas in a pot, death and rot, let's stir things up!"

For a moment neither of them said a word, even as the gas rolled in before Reaper pulled out a small breather that looked like a swimming apparatus. His hand went behind his back, and Sieghart said,"Don't suppose you have another one of those?" And then he pulled out a gun.

.

Luckily for him the entire area was filled with cover and Sieghart jumped for between cover. 

He threw the axe surprising Reaper as his eyes widened, who dived for the floor. In that time Sieghart managed to get the safety off of the weird sci-fi gun and grab a few of the pumpkin shaped bombs. At least the Green Goblin kept his theme. The chainsaw attached to it certainly screamed Halloween.

'Damn it, should've realized it was a trap.' It was obvious in foresight more than hindsight but he'd been too distracted by the sight of the massive high tech underground cavern. What frustrated him even more was how he hadn't noticed Reaper following him. 'Dad would've had me doing suicides all day for a rookie mistake like that.'

He fired the gun, the bullet punched through the table like wet paper. 

Sieghart was shocked briefly before he tried to find cover throwing a pumpkin bomb in his opponent's side.'What the hell…'

The gun he was holding was a 'flipping railgun!'

Which power is the best?
  • Talk no Jutsu Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Guns Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Scales Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Ghost Rider Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Passing Gas anywhere you want Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jumping Jacks that cause earthquakes Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Super Genius Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Regeneration Factor, Level: Wolverine Votes: 16 61.5%
Total voters: 26
7