Home Bound
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Andre and Zuri held back what was left of Carnadine’s soldiers as explosions and the clanging of swords rang out, but Adrian registered none of it.

He stood, his trembling hand resting on the inactive archway. “Jacques!” he screamed, knowing fully well no one was going to answer. “Jacques, please! Jacques...” He let out a small whimper, bowing his head. “No...”

“Ian, look out!” Zuri yelled, and he turned in time to see the inventor throw their baton into an oncoming soldier that would have sliced through him otherwise. The body crackled with electricity before it crumpled to the floor. “No time to be distracted!”

“Zuri, what do we do?”

“What do you mean? Where’s Jacques?”

He bit his lip to stop it from trembling. “He’s still on the other side.”

“What?” Their eyes searched the empty archway. “What do you mean, on the other side? I don’t know if you noticed, but the portal is inactive. Only a magic user can reactivate it from the Elderian side, and you’re saying our magic user is on the wrong side?”

“It’s not just that. He’s trapped there with Carnadine and all of these old world Spillers.”

“Huh?” They grabbed onto him fiercely, but then the two found themselves with swords to their throats.

“Drop the weapons,” a rough voice spoke, and they obeyed. 

Zuri’s eyes did not leave Adrian’s. “Do you think he’ll last long enough for us to get Aveline to reopen the portal?”

He swallowed, the blade at his throat uncomfortably close to lacerating skin. “I don’t know, and that’s if Aveline will agree to even open it.”

“Shut it!” the soldier holding Zuri barked. “Where is Carnadine? Reopen the portal at once!”

“We can’t, dipshit,” Zuri said. “Were you even listening? Only a magic user can.”

“What? Then get a magic user and open it!”

“Uh huh. You know of any? Your leader is trapped over there until you can find one, Buddy.”

“Then you’re of no use.” 

“W-wait!” Adrian shouted, and for a moment, he thought he was about to witness Zuri’s execution as the soldier made to slide the sword across their throat when something prevented him.

Both soldiers burst into green particles and the two teammates were left gawking at each other.

Adrian glanced over to see that all Carnadine’s remaining followers had also turned to mere emerald powder on the ground. Andre stood in the middle of it all, holding his battle axe mid swing, blinking in confusion.

“What the fu—” Zuri began, when Adrian gasped.

Looking at the still active Totrium now, he spotted a short man with a black ponytail standing in the entryway with glowing eyes and his hands stretched out. The light slowly went out of him, and their beloved leader tilted forward.

Not remembering moving, Adrian was there all of a sudden, catching him in his arms. “Jacques! Are you alright?”

Bronze fingers weakly gripped the front of his shirt. “F-fine, Sweetheart.”

They were both crushed in a hug as Andre wrapped his arms around the two of them. “I saw the portal go dark,” the older brother choked. “Thought we’d lost you.” 

“Can’t get rid of me that easily,” he wheezed, and they pulled apart.

“Jacques, you fucking idiot!” Zuri yelled, claiming the next hug. “How did you get back through the portal?”

“No, you’re a fucking idiot, thinking we should leave the portal open.” They scoffed at that. “As for how I got back... I’m not really sure. I followed soon after sending Adrian through and deactivated it, but apparently, I was too hasty ‘cause I became trapped in that in-between realm. I was lucky though, because I was still connected to the Totrium in that place, so I just sort of felt my way back out to here, I guess.”

“That… doesn’t make a whole lot of sense,” Zuri said, “but I guess it doesn’t really matter since you’re here and you’re safe. You have no idea how stressed I was when Ian told me... er wait no, Adrian?” They glanced between Jacques and Adrian then frowned. “Uh, sidenote, when were either of you going to fill us in on the fact that Ia— er, this man, is in fact the king of Nebrasia?”

“I was getting around to it,” Adrian replied sheepishly.

“Oh, yeah, just take your time revealing something that monumental. Do we call you, Your Majesty then?”

“Please don’t. Just Adrian is fine.”

 “Fine? No, that’s not fine. You’re royalty for fuck’s sake! Andre, back me up here. Andre? Why aren’t you more upset about this?”

The large man shrugged. “I was mostly shocked at first, but now I’m good.”

“What?”

“He wanted to keep his business to himself. I can’t fault that.”

Their jaw dropped. “How are you so calm about it?”

Jacques chuckled, then stumbled forward, and Adrian caught him again. “Jacques! Are you okay? You weren’t hurt, were you?”

He was met with a small smirk. “Were you worried about me?” His face fell slightly upon seeing the expression Adrian was making. “I’m fine, really. What about you? Are you alr—”

Adrian’s lips cut off the rest of that sentence as he pressed them firmly to Jacques’s. Zuri let out a dramatic gasp, and the king was already pulling away to look back into those surprised brown orbs he’d never in his life get tired of.

“Oh, Jacques,” he said weakly, stroking his jawline, “when you were trapped on the other side with those people... I thought... I thought...” His lip trembled, and he kissed him again. Jacques leaned into his lips this time, sighing in response. 

They pulled apart again, and Jacques gently wiped a tear from the pale cheek. “Sweetheart... I’d never leave you.”

Adrian pressed their foreheads together, exhaling a shaky breath. “I love you.”

The bronze cheeks flushed. “I love you too,” he whispered before lifting his head up and locking lips again.

“Andre, Andre!” Zuri squealed, tugging on the black man’s arm while pointing at their kissing companions. “It’s happening! It’s finally happening!”

He looked unimpressed. “Actually, they’ve already kissed before.”

“Eh?” They eyed him with their mouth wide open. “Wait, really? When?”

“Several weeks ago.”

“WHAT?” They scrunched up their face. “Does no one tell me anything? I mean, of course, I’m happy for them and everything, but also, I’m gonna kill both of them once they stop kissing.”

 

🗲🗲🗲

 

Adrian’s hair nearly reached his waist now, the golden strands pulled back into the usual half ponytail. He walked beside Jacques down a cobbled street, their fingers occasionally brushing past each other’s. 

Spring flowers were blooming everywhere along the road, and the air was crisp, but not overly chilly. After the scalding heat of the desert, this change in climate felt admittedly refreshing. Blue eyes gazed at the thatched roofs covering timbered buildings as well as the Nebrasian castle looming in the distance.

“It feels like ages since I was here last, and yet I know it all so well.”

“It’s been how many months since you left?” Zuri asked, nonchalantly reaching for an unaccompanied coin purse that someone had set down while counting their money.

Jacques smacked their hand. 

“Nearly a year I think,” Adrian answered, watching them make a face at the leader.

“That sounds about right,” Jacques said, turning his nose up at them in response. “It’s been about four months since we closed the Totrium.” 

“Won’t your brother be surprised to see you?” Andre asked, carrying a large bag on his shoulder. The flying ship was parked on the edge of town, hidden as well as a giant magic vessel could be in some trees. “Have you contacted him at all since?”

The blond rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. “He knows we’re coming, but the last letter before that was maybe ten months ago when I first made it to New Minoka.”

“That is quite a while.”

“We didn’t exactly have access to any messenger pigeons,” Jacques said, grabbing the inventor’s arm as they nearly snagged a loaf of bread off an unsuspecting cart. “For fuck’s sake, Zuri. Control yourself. We have money, remember?”

They sighed. “Sorry, the people here are just so careless. I can’t help it.”

“Yes, you can. Remember how we’re meeting royalty today? Try to keep your crime ridden ways to yourself.”

They breathed a strand of hair out of their eyes. “Yes, Dad.”

Jacques leaned towards Adrian’s ear, whispering, “Are you sure you want to bring us along? I mean, we’re hardly fit to be inside a castle.”

 Adrian considered the tightly wound leader, then intertwined their fingers and smiled. “Yes, I want you all there. Don’t fret so much. I am the king after all. My wishes are their command, and I wish for you to be there.”

Brown eyes found his own, and a playful smirk hid at the corner of his mouth. “You’d abuse your power for me?”

“Without hesitation.”

Jacques brought the pale hand to his lips for a silent kiss.

Zuri rolled their eyes. “And you think I’m embarrassing.”

“Correct me if I’m wrong,” Andre interjected with a small grin, “but you’re also seeing someone, aren’t you, Zuri?”

They glanced to the side. “Yeah, what of it?”

“Oh, you’re way more embarrassing with Huit,” Jacques said, chuckling when they hit him on the arm. His voice raised in a mocking manner as if to imitate Zuri’s as he added, “Oh, Huit, you’re so handsome!”

Zuri hit him again. “Shut it, you bastard. My man doesn’t deserve such slander.”

Jacques shoved them, letting go of Adrian’s hand. “You don’t need to hit so damn hard!”

They went to shove him back when Adrian said loudly, “We’re here.”

They all halted, looking up at the tall metal gate barring them entry to the West Nebrasian castle. In front of it stood two royal guards that eyed them sternly.

“I’ll handle this part,” the king whispered, stepping forward to approach the guards.

One of them fixed him with a glare. “State your business.”

“At ease, Alban,” he commanded in Elden, removing his ring and showing them the seal.

The blood drained from both their faces. 

“King Adrian!” they said in unison, both dipping into a low bow. 

“Forgive us,” Alban said. “We did not recognize you, Your Majesty.”

“I am here to see Regent Antoine.”

“Yes, of course, Sire.”

“Alert him at once of my arrival. My companions will accompany me.” He turned to his three teammates, motioning for them to follow.

“Of course, Your Majesty,” Alban said with a small bow of his head. “The people have been awaiting your return.” He and the other guard lifted the latch on the gate and pushed the heavy metal doors open for them.

Adrian frowned slightly as Jacques joined him by his side again while the others followed behind. As they walked through the castle courtyard, eventually making their way over a red carpet, sights and smells flooded him with memories.

“You alright?” Jacques asked, shaking him from his thoughts. “You seem a bit distressed.”

“Jacques... They all expect me to take the throne again.”

“What?” Zuri hissed, walking closely behind them to listen in. “What are you going to do?” Jacques clicked his tongue at their interruption.

Adrian shook his head. “I don’t know.”

“You’re going to take the throne back?” Andre asked, appearing on his right.

“I never said that,” he replied hastily. “It’s just what they expect. It’s really no surprise. Royalty doesn’t exactly just quit being royalty.” He said that, but Adrian had really hoped everyone would just forget him, full heartedly accepting Regent Antoine as their new leader, and letting the blond live peacefully as a commoner. It was a foolish thought. The mere idea of taking the crown again made his stomach tie into knots; a familiar anxiety he hadn’t felt in nearly a year rising into his throat.

“What do you want to do?” Jacques asked, and blue eyes met brown.

Before the king could answer, there was a loud gasp, and they all turned their heads to the throne at the end of the red carpet. A luxuriously dressed man with shoulder-length curly brown hair sprinted  towards them, or more specifically, towards Adrian. 

Antoine wore an embellished soft bonnet with a massive golden feather sticking out of it that went right into Adrian’s mouth as the shorter man crushed him in a hug. The regent gripped him with impressive strength and Adrian was finding it hard to breathe, though he really didn’t mind. 

“It’s really you...” Antoine said weakly. 

Adrian wrapped his arms around him. “I did say I would return, didn’t I?”

“I-I thought you were dead for the longest time,” he choked, a whimper escaping his mouth. “After I received your letter from New Minoka concerning the water law issue, I never heard a thing after that save for some rumors about you traveling to Elden Town, but after that... I waited for months, Adrian.”

They pulled out of the hug and his brother shamelessly wore tear-stained cheeks, the wet green eyes gazing up at him.

Adrian’s hands remained on his brother’s shoulders comfortingly. “Forgive me, Tony. I wanted to contact you, really. I didn’t have access to any kind of messaging system. For most of my journey, I was in the Venwickin sand dunes, out in the middle of nowhere.”

His face lit up and he wiped his eyes quickly. “Oh, I should like to hear more about that. Why don’t you come in and you can tell me all about your travels? Oh! You have not greeted Madi yet. Excuse my manners. I’m not being very decorous.” He nodded to a lavishly dressed woman with light brown skin and dark brown hair tied up around her head who stepped forward with a kind smile. 

Adrian took both of her hands in his, pressing his forehead to them in the formal Elderian greeting. Jacques frowned slightly at that, glancing away. 

“It is so good to see you, Adrian,” she said gently. “Tony has been sick with worry, if you hadn’t realized by now.”

He gave a soft laugh, releasing her hands. “I’m sure you’ve been a great support to him in my absence, and how did you find taking the role of regent’s wife?”

She beamed at him. “Oh, it’s been wonderful. I know I should have felt overwhelmed with it all but going from being on the king’s council to stepping in for the crown, I find it so much more freeing.” She looked him over with those brown eyes that used to make his heart hurt. “You look much happier as well. I can tell.”

“Yes, I am.”

“Who has accompanied you then?” Antoine asked, glancing back at Adrian’s companions who were all standing awkwardly, and that’s when Adrian realized none of them had understood a word any of them had been saying this entire time.

“They only speak Venish,” he said, then considered his brother. “That won’t be a problem, will it, Tony? Last we talked, you did not even know the verb burning.”

The regent’s pale cheeks flushed, and he shoved Adrian’s arm. “Shut up. I’ll be fine.”

Adrian chuckled, turning to his friends. “These are my travel companions,” he said in Venish, walking over to them and gesturing to each as he introduced them. “This is Zuri, Andre, and Jacques.” When he gave the leader’s introduction, he subconsciously brushed his fingers over his lover’s hand for a second. 

Antoine’s eyes widened slightly at the gesture, then he said kindly in accented, slightly wavering Venish, “Welcome to West Nebrasia Castle, companions of Adrian. Thank you for bringing my brother home safely.”

“Nice to finally meet you,” Jacques says, giving a small bow of his head. “Adrian’s told us a lot about you.”

“He has?”

He nodded. “Your Venish is pretty good by the way. Not as heavily accented as Adrian’s used to be...”

Adrian nudged him grumpily with his arm to which Jacques gave a small smirk in return.

“Is that so?” Antoine mused. “I was just thinking that Adrian was speaking Elden with somewhat of a Venish accent actually.”

“Oh, really?” Adrian exclaimed, blinking in surprise. “You think so? I’ve been working so hard to get rid of the Elden accent. It’s gotten me in quite a bit of trouble.”

“You still sound mid-Elderian in my opinion,” Jacques said, grinning up at him. “I don’t think you’ll ever be able to fully change that.”

He frowned. “Why don’t you learn a word of Elden and we’ll see how well you do?” 

Zuri snorted. “You’re not bitter or anything...”

Antoine just laughed. “That won’t be necessary, considering we all speak Venish well enough.” His wife touched his arm and he added, “Well, Madi understands pretty well, she just struggles to speak it.”

She nodded kindly with a smile.

“You two must have practiced quite a bit while I was away,” Adrian said, looking between them.

“Of course. I had to brush up on it since it’d be rather shameful for the king’s stand-in to not read and speak Venish, though it’s not as necessary anymore now that you’ve returned.”

The smile shrank. “Right.”

“We’ve both been awaiting your return. I mean, everyone has. You’re Nebrasia’s beloved king, and you always will be.”

“Yeah… Tony…”

He considered the downcast features. “What? What is it?”

He hesitated. “The thing is, I won’t be returning, not for the throne anyway.”

“What?” Antoine searched his brother’s face in disbelief. “Adrian... what are you talking about?”

“I’m sorry. I was hoping there was a gentler way of bringing it up but well, there it is.”

A million emotions crossed his brother’s face, and before he could reply, Madeleine placed a gentle hand on his arm, saying in Elden, “Why don’t we discuss this over dinner?” She glanced up at Adrian. “I’m sure you’re tired and hungry from your travels.”

The king nodded gratefully as Tony said defeatedly, “Yeah, alright,” then switched back into Venish. “I’ll have the servants lead you to your rooms for changing before dinner.”

“Changing?” Jacques asked.

Adrian turned to him. “It’s customary to change before meals.” He rubbed the back of his neck. “Are you all okay with that?”

“Hell yeah!” Zuri exclaimed, stepping forward to greet their approaching servant. “Doll me up bitches!”

The servant raised an eyebrow in confusion, and the expletive as well as the casual manner of speaking seemed to go right over Antoine’s head as the regent blinked in confusion, then gave a polite smile.

Jacques shot the inventor a glare, before saying, “Yes, that’s alright.”

“Well, then, let’s get you to the king’s chamber, Adrian,” Antoine said, motioning his brother over. “It is yours after all.”

Adrian hesitated, then turned to look at Jacques for a moment. The smaller man gave a small nod before leaving to greet his own servant. Exhaling, Adrian followed his brother, glancing back to see Jacques scolding Zuri under his breath.

He barely caught him saying, “Try and pretend for one second that we didn’t grow up on the street.”

Andre chuckled lightly at that. “Good luck with that, Jacques,” he murmured, and Zuri stuck their tongue out at the leader who in turn sighed.

Adrian smiled at the interaction, wanting more than anything to join them and avoid the difficult talk he was inevitably going to have with his brother.

 

🗲🗲🗲

 

Antoine paced stressfully around the king’s chamber in a new glittering outfit, speaking rapidly in Elden. Several manservants bustled around Adrian to finish equipping his own attire.

“It’s as I said,” Adrian interrupted. “I’m not returning to the throne. Not now, not ever. We’ll officially annul it in front of the townspeople before I leave so they see there is no ill will to be had, and I will disappear into the masses while you formally take my place.”

Antoine put his hands on his hips. “This is insane. You belong here, Adrian.”

“I don’t. Not anymore.”

He made an exasperated sound. “What are you talking about?”

“I found a life out there with my companions.” 

“Adrian... they’re commoners.”

 “They’re my friends, Tony, and Jacques—” He cut himself off, looking away. 

He considered him. “He’s special to you, isn’t he?”

There was a pause, then Adrian said quietly, “I love him, Tony.” His brother blinked in surprise. “He’s everything to me, and... he loves me too.”

Antoine stared, then shook his head slightly. “Since when have you found men attractive? I thought you used to have feelings for Madi?”

“I did,” he insisted. “I discovered I have an attraction to both; both sexes, that is.”

“No way...” He bit his lip then let out an exasperated exhale. “I could have been suggesting princes to you that whole time you were accepting suitors two years ago? Tsk! Wish I would have known that. I know quite a few who were still at Court back then who would have been excellent matches.”

He blinked, then laughed despite everything. “You’re worried you could not do more match making?”

“Well, yes. Knowing that information would have given you twice the options.”

He shook his head with a grin. “I realized this about myself only recently.”

A gentle hand was placed on his shoulder. “And I’m glad you did. It would seem you learned quite a bit on this journey.”

“That I did.”

The servants removed Adrian’s beloved orange shirt from his body, and Antoine let out a gasp. He took Adrian’s left wrist, examining the garish scar on his forearm. “What in Elderian happened?”

The king snatched his arm back. “We got caught up with some bad people.”

“It looks awful. Adrian, are you even safe out there?”

“Yes, I’m fine,” he said hastily. “Don’t worry so much about me.”

Antoine looked him over carefully. “Adrian, I missed you. I worried I might never see you again, and then I thought you were dead. It has been so difficult without you here. I feel as though I’m barely afloat taking on these new responsibilities so suddenly. Madi helps me with the politics a significant amount, but I wish you were here with me too. Not to mention, the thought of anything ever happening to you...” He swallowed. “You’re the only family I have left.”

Adrian’s heart panged as he searched his brother’s distraught face, guilt piercing his chest. “I have my group for protection. Zuri and Jacques tended to my arm back then, and they’re all very capable fighters. I’m in good hands. As for you being king, you’ve been doing so well on your own here. I could see that even from where I was in Venwick.”

“Really?”

He nodded. “The water laws have already improved drastically these last few months. I’m sure that has something to do with your recent efforts?”

“I just did what you told me in that letter.”

“Hey.” Green eyes glanced up to meet blue. “You need to be more confident in your abilities.”

“You don’t know what it’s like, living up to your brilliant older brother’s legacy. The people want you, Adrian, not me.”

“The people will just have to accept their new king. You don’t need to be me.”

He looked down. “You’re the firstborn son of the Nebrasian crown, Adrian. It’s your birthright to rule. It’s what they all expect. Not only that but,” he glanced up with longing eyes, “I want you here. I need you here. Please.” His voice lowered in volume. “Please, reconsider.”

There was silence as an elaborate blue tunic was buttoned over Adrian’s chest, and his blond hair was brushed. 

“Tony, it will be alright. I’ll visit you as often as I can, but I’ve found my purpose and a place where I’m happy. Jacques and the others... they don’t belong in a castle. They’d be miserable, and I can’t part with them.” He paused, looking down with a small smile. “With some of the money I brought with me, we were able to buy a little house in New Minoka of our very own.”

Antoine’s eyes widened. “You and Jacques?”

“The four of us. We’re a team. We’ve been through a lot together.”

“But, what about consistent money? How will you get by?”

“We find ways, and I still have plenty with me.”

“Well, take more, please, for my sake.”

A blue, soft bonnet with a large, fluffy silver feather was placed on Adrian’s head as he frowned. “Tony... no.”

“Please. I insist. I’ll have escorts bring some of your things from here. Anything you want. Furniture, decorations, horses, supplies, maids...” When Adrian shook his head, Antoine folded his arms. “As regent and your future king, I insist upon this matter. This isn’t a discussion.”

He considered him then breathed out a laugh. “You’re really going to do that to me again?”

“You have no idea how furious I was when I found out you had relieved your escorts when you left for Venwick.” He hit him lightly on the arm. “You will follow my order this time.”

“You’re certainly more commanding now.”

“Well, someone must be.”

There was silence, and Antoine’s eyes lingered on the long blond hair that had been pulled into a half ponytail under the blue bonnet. The elegant fishtail falling down his back with the rest of the fair hair was being secured with a silver ribbon at the end.

“You know, your hair is rather nice this way. Madi’s right. You do seem happier now. Unfettered even.”

He grinned. “Don’t let the royal hairdresser hear you saying that. He’s determined to cut it.”

The servant that finished securing the ribbon frowned at that.

Antoine snorted. “Well, don’t let him.”

“I won’t.”

 

🗲🗲🗲

 

The room was quiet now as the servants finished dressing the king. Antoine had left already, and Adrian found it both strange and familiar to be standing there in silence in his lavish chamber, being dressed by others.

He considered himself in the mirror. There were two small braids running over both shoulders, wrapped with silver cord, and mingling with the rest of his hair. The massive, puffy blue split sleeves had silver poking underneath and his waist was cinched underneath the doublet with stays, giving the illusion of an extra slim waist. A large silver necklace spread from shoulder to shoulder, embedded in sapphires. 

He was not used to seeing such an elaborate image in his reflection, and he felt alienated to it. That’s when his eyes caught sight of movement in the mirror, and he blinked at the room’s entrance. A man with long black curls falling over his shoulders under a red, soft bonnet, peeked his head into the chamber. A crimson tunic embedded with rubies hugged his torso and the puffy red sleeves were wrapped in a darker crimson chord.

“Jacques?” 

When the man’s eyes fell over Adrian, he did a double take. “Holy fuck...” he whispered, looking him up and down with wide eyes.

Adrian turned from the mirror to face him. “What are you doing here?”

He closed the door behind him. “Just wanted to see you.”

The king turned to his servants who had just finished the final touches of his outfit. “That’ll be all,” he said in Elden. “Leave me.”

They all bowed, making their way out of the room. Jacques watched them go, then took a few tentative steps forward. “Zuri is going a bit crazy trying to get just the right outfit for themself. It’s been a fucking nightmare especially since no one understands what they’re saying.”

Adrian chuckled, walking up to meet him, his hands sliding around the red waistline.

Jacques hesitated before resting his own hands on the decorated, blue chest. “You look...” his words trailed off as his eyes explored up and down the magnificent profile.

Concern crossed Adrian’s face. “Bad?”

He exhaled a small laugh. “No, I was going to say stunning. Beautiful. Royal.” Adrian frowned at the last adjective, glancing down. “Are you really going to give this up? It sounds like they need you here.”

“I’m not giving it up. I’m still of royal blood. I’m just not living in the castle or ruling anymore is all.”

Jacques gave him a dubious look. “I’m pretty sure that means you’re giving it up.”

He shrugged. “I can always visit.”

“Adrian, you are their king.”

He turned his head to the side, his expression subdued. “You know how I feel about it. I don’t want this life, and the thought of being king again...” His eyebrows arched upward.

“But all of this... this life...” Jacques turned Adrian’s head with his hand, so their eyes met. There was a sadness behind those brown eyes that made Adrian’s heart tug. “What do I possibly have to offer you? I’m not even literate.”

“Jacques...” He gently tangled his fingers in the black curls. “Is that what worries you? All the money and prestige in Elderian means nothing to me if I don’t get to be with you.”

Emotion passed over his eyes. “Are you sure? You’re not just saying that right, ‘cause I just ate whatever the hell marchpane candy is, and a mini cake in my changing room. A mini cake, Adrian. You’d be giving that up.”

He laughed, pulling Jacques closer. “Yes, I’m sure.” He glanced down at his mouth, and before kissing him, he said softly, “My home is wherever you are.”

 

 

THE END

0