Chapter 1
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's just like any ordinary life that I have. Nothing changes, only a routine where I wake up, prepare myself to go to work, go to work, come back home, take a shower, and sleep.

But tonight is different with a sudden boom of messages where it notifies me of a transaction that I did not make.

“What the hell is this? Wait, hold on a minute. When did I make this transaction? I mean, I don't remember doing it at all! Did someone hack into my account or am I just losing my mind?“

I feel like my eyes are turning white when I see the amount of money that has gone from my bank account. The money that I saved for starting my business for more than 5 years is gone in one night. I immediately call the bank for details but unfortunately, the bank is closed because it was already midnight when I try to contact them.

While I try to reach my clothes to file a report at the police station, my head feels heavy and I can feel my heartbeat rate becoming faster and faster. My sight slowly darkens and that is how I die in this world.


“---- up”

“--ake up”

“Wake up”

I woke up to the sight of a hooded figure holding a lantern, calling out to me. I felt disoriented due to the sudden change in environment, as I remembered being in my room getting ready to leave. Feeling confused and startled, I asked the hooded entity what was going on.

“I'm sorry, where am I? Who are you? What is this place? Everything looks so unfamiliar and hazy.”

“Don't be afraid, my child. I am the Navigator for Earth, a champion of Wayna, the Goddess of Death. The gods have requested to meet with you to discuss your life while you are on Earth.”

“...”

“Come with me, child. I will guide you to the Hall of Gods.”

His speech gives me a sense of comfort and makes me able to calm down.

“Where am I?”

“You are in the afterlife. This place is called the Field of Soul where the soul who is dead waiting for their judgment.”

“So is there another soul like me?”

“There are some, but not that many”

“Am I being judged right now?”

“That is not in my knowledge. I am just being commanded to bring you to the Gods. But fret not, you are a special case, so there is no need to be afraid of you.”

"Am I dead?"

"Yes, you are."

As the Navigator led me forward, I gradually came to accept the reality of my death, although it still left me reeling to hear the truth. I searched my memories, trying to pinpoint when my life had taken a turn for the worse and what could have led to my current predicament.

‘Is this how my life ended.’

‘I wonder what happens to my family and pet after my death

‘I still want to make my family proud of me

‘What did I do to deserve this

‘I’ll never be able to see my hard work come to fruition.’

‘Why did I even bother trying? I should have just given up from the beginning if all my efforts were for nothing

‘My dream and aspirations, all shattered in an instant and it will be one of failure and disappointment.’

All of the negative thoughts ran through his head as he tried to reminisce about his previous life. After arriving at what seemed like a staircase, the Navigator stopped.

"I can only guide you until this point. Take this path, and it will lead you to the Hall of Gods."

Silently, I walked to the staircase and climbed up. At the top of the stairs was a gateway with a majestic design that made me feel awe-struck for a moment before it opened automatically.

As I entered the Hall of Gods, I felt pressure coming from above, causing my body to bow involuntarily. I heard the Gods talking amongst themselves.

“Is this not the child whom the Coyote has meddled with?”

“It appears that this is one of the souls that the Coyote has tampered with.”

I tried to ask about my situation, but my voice failed to come out.

“Should you have any inquiries, remain silent and listen carefully.”

“Moira, let us rewrite the fate of this troubled soul. Logos, make a thorough recording of his past misfortunes. Isis, reconstruct his soul so that he may be given a chance to be reborn.”

“Child, your life has been full of misery, and due to the meddling of Coyote, the Trickery God, neither Heaven nor Hell will accept you.”

“Coyote's interference has made it impossible for Logos, the God of Records, to distinguish between the deeds that your soul has committed and those that have been manipulated by the trickster. As a result, we cannot pass judgment on your actions, and you must begin anew.”

‘So all the deeds in my life are left to nothing. So I can restart my life in Ear...’

“But you cannot be reborn on Earth.”

‘Seems like the Gods can read my mind.’

“It is not your mind, child. It is your soul that radiates what you think. So, will you accept to start a new life or face the judgment that will befall you, including all the deeds that have been manipulated by the Coyote?”

‘I will choose to reincarnate. But before that, can I at least know or choose where I will be reincarnated.’

“Behold, child, you stand at the crossroads of destiny, where the primordial Gods offer you a choice of three worlds to inhabit. The first, Mythoria, is governed by the noble Isis, the Goddess of Life, where the land teems with life and diverse races. Its people are diligent, always seeking to better themselves, and skills can be attained through hard work. Technologically, it is akin to the 19th century of your previous realm, a world to behold in all its glory.”

‘It sure is a great world when there is no conflict but better hear all the worlds first.’

"In the second world, Technoria, Logos, the God of Record, reigns. The inhabitants of this world have access to advanced technology, but their insatiable thirst for knowledge often leads to conflicts and wars, particularly when discoveries are made. These battles are typically fought by researchers and scientists, each seeking to prove the validity of their theories and experiments."

"In the realm of Arcanetech, Nabu, the God of Knowledge, reigns supreme. Its populace comprises a single race, who hold fast to their unwavering convictions. The extent of technological progress in this world rivals that of your previous realm's 20th century, with boundless possibilities at their fingertips. Nonetheless, several individuals there delve into uncharted territory in their research, with unpredictable consequences that can lead to war for those who seek to destroy the forbidden knowledge. "

‘It seems like all things have pros and cons.’

‘Did any of the have magic?’

“Magic is absent in Technoria, while in the world of Archanetech, the technology is imbued with magic.”

‘Hmm, so Technoria has advanced technology but can get into wars over discoveries. Arcanetech sounds pretty unpredictable, with wars breaking out anytime and anywhere. Mythoria seems like the better option, but if life depends on talents, I might end up getting discriminated against by the people there.’

‘If hard work is the only thing that's needed, I things there is no harm in it.’

"I'm gonna go with Mythoria for my second life. Are there any cool talents or blessings I can get?"

"Your talents in Mythoria are based on your skills from your previous life, including your mental fortitude and ability to control yourself under pressure. The gods will bestow a blessing upon you as a reward for your deeds. From me, Genesis, the God of Creation and Ruler of the Gods, you shall receive the blessing of 'Creation', allowing you to create inanimate objects through the use of magic."

"For my failure in ensuring the fate of all souls, I, Moira, the Goddess of Fate, shall grant you the blessing of 'Kitty Paw', where the will of the gods, or luck as you know it, will always be on your side."

"Logos, the God of Record, gives you the blessing of 'Eye of Knowledge' for my inability to distinguish your deeds from those of Coyote. With this blessing, your eyes can see the information recorded on the souls of people and things."

"As the governor of Mythoria and the Goddess of Life, I, Isis, grant you the blessing of 'Magic Mastery' for choosing my world. With this blessing, you can use any type of magic, but your level of mastery depends on your hard work in understanding its concepts and truths."

"With all of that taken care of, do you have any further inquiries?"

'I will be reincarnated as a male right'

“Yes”

“That's all I need to know.”

Then, I suddenly feel sleepy.


“Did you truly create a male reincarnated body for him?”

“Yes, but what about a female body?”

“If the next child is a girl and chooses your realm, we shall reincarnate her as his twin sister. There is still time before his birth.”

“I hope there are those who are willing to journey to my realm. Why are these people solely intrigued by technology and not magic? I thought their realm lacked magic altogether.”

“Their choices are based on their desire for an easy life. For those who excel in technology, Technoria is the ideal realm, but for those interested in magic, Arcanetech is the better option.”

“Your realm concentrates solely on individual strength and scarcely interacts with other races. Additionally, hygiene is important for some individuals.”

“It appears that another victim has fallen prey to the mischievous deeds of Coyote.”

“And it appears to be a girl.”

“Be not desperate, my fellow deity. We must allow mortals to choose their destinies and determine their paths. It is only through this that we can judge them fairly after their second chance.”

0