Chapter 1: Transmigration
58 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"As the Light Heals..."

With the recitation of the incantation, a soft white light flew out and landed precisely on the sickbed. The white light emitted the scent of early spring, as if it could take a person into the ocean of life. The body never lies, and the strange scene forced the words that were about to come out of Li Mu's mouth back down his throat. This scene in front of him didn't seem like acting at all. A prank was even less likely. As an ordinary salaried worker, Li Mu didn't think anyone would create such a big scene for him.

"I've transmigrated!"

The moment this thought emerged, a surge of unfamiliar memories rushed into his mind. Before he could struggle, Li Mu passed out.

...

"Father Quinn, how is Hudson doing?"

A middle-aged man dressed in fine clothes asked with concern. Beside him was a noblewoman with swollen eyes, waiting with a complex expression. There was expectation, resentment, but all well-hidden, like a mother concerned about her son.

"Don't worry, Baron Redman. The church will bless its faithful believers! The recoil energy has been successfully cleared, and Young Master Hudson has awakened his life seed. He just fainted temporarily due to excessive energy consumption," Father Quinn said wearily.

Obviously, the healing spell he just cast wasn't easy. But as long as he was a priest, he was a high-level talent, at least in the town of Tielen. As the only priest and alchemist in the territory, Father Quinn had a high status. When he treated people normally, he used the pills he concocted himself and even did experiments on them. Only the most important people in the territory were worthy of his divine spells.

"May the great Lord of Dawn bless Hudson!"

"Thank you, Father Quinn..."

Baron Redman said excitedly, and the sorrow on his face disappeared instantly. If it weren't for the breeding of the nobility, his behavior would have been even more exaggerated. After seeing off the priest, Baron Redman turned to a maid and ordered, "Take care of Hudson and inform me immediately when he wakes up."

Perhaps because Baron Redman's mood had improved, the noblewoman beside him couldn't help but plead, "My Lord, now that Hudson is alright, can we let poor Leslie go?"

As if his sore spot had been poked, Baron Redman's face immediately became overcast.

"Shut up! You spoiled him and let him steal his brother's Life Essence, ruining the thousand-year reputation of my Koslow family! If it weren't for Hudson's luck, I would have killed this beast. Let him hang there, and whoever dares to take him down, hmph..."

Tears are the most powerful weapon of a woman, and under normal circumstances, Baron Redman would have retreated. But everything was different now. After speaking, Baron Redman left without giving any face to Lady Redman.

...

On the sickbed, Li Mu slowly woke up, integrating the memories of the original host, and finally confirming that he was not dreaming. He didn't know if he had saved the universe in his previous life, but he had unexpectedly hit the jackpot by transmigrating to this world. If possible, Li Mu would rather not go back to his previous life of working 9 to 5. Transmigration was very welcome.

"Hudson Koslow," the third son of Baron Redman, was Li Mu's new identity.

To be frank, although his current background was not extremely wealthy, it was something he could never achieve in his previous life. If he worked hard from this starting point, he would have a wonderful life.

But this abnormal world made it impossible!

Although the political structure was somewhat similar to medieval Europe, that was only superficial.

Knights, magic, priests, wizards...

Elves, dwarves, orcs, mermaids, undead...

All professions and races that only existed in games and novels now appeared before his eyes, and it was destined that this world would not be peaceful. Accustomed to the peace of modern society, suddenly coming to a "survival of the fittest" chaotic world, no one could adapt to it.

Because he was afraid of pain, Li Mu didn't have the courage to try to do anything reckless. After struggling on the sickbed for a night, he reluctantly accepted the fact that he had become "Hudson Koslow."

First, set a small goal - survival.

Thanks to the unexpected turn of events, he was provided with a perfect excuse. After experiencing the danger of life and death, his behavior had changed, which could be explained.

After sorting through the jumbled memories in his mind, Hudson gained a preliminary understanding of his situation.

He was the third son of Baron Redmond, with two older brothers, one older sister, three younger brothers, and two younger sisters. Unfortunately, the Baron's current wife was already his second. As is the case in all times and places, having a stepmother was not a good situation to be in. Otherwise, the troublesome matter of Leslie stealing the Life Essence wouldn't have happened.

The only consolation was that the current Baroness came from a low background and was the daughter of a merchant. Although she was wealthy, she lacked political power. In this alliance of power and money, Baron Redmond undoubtedly held the dominant position. The fact that Hudson and his brothers could grow up peacefully was the best proof.

Thanks to the perfect inheritance law, the title of nobility was certain. Even if the Baroness had powerful political influence, Baron Redmond couldn't replace his eldest son with a younger one. The title of nobility was not something that could be fought over, but resources were. In this world where the strong preyed on the weak, having money wasn't everything. Precious cultivation resources and political resources were not things that could be bought with money.

In the aristocratic system of Dukes, Marquises, Earls, Viscounts, and Barons, Barons were at the bottom of the hierarchy. How many resources could they have? Especially with Baron Redmond being so fertile, how could his resources be divided among so many sons?

As the brothers grew older, this contradiction became increasingly intense. The Life Essence incident was the result of this intensification. The first two elder brothers successfully awakened their life seeds and became knights serving in the kingdom's army. When it was Hudson's turn, the situation changed.

The Life Essence, which was a strategic resource for awakening life seeds, was naturally monopolized by the empire and the church. Even for nobles, it was limited and couldn't be obtained just by asking for it. In order to obtain the Life Essence early, Baron Redmond had used up a lot of favors, but he was still forced to wait for a year.

2