12. Water elemental
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The clock struck twelve, marking the indication of a new day, the day when Alan and Neil would leave for Atanor. The Wright family had lost their smiles for a week now and their gazes dimmed when they heard the doorbell ring immediately after.

Despite not wanting to, Jarett opened the door to face the people he had come to hate over time. If not for them, his sons would not have met this day. If not for them....He glared at them, directing all his anger and frustration on them, and Trinity raised her brows at him.

'Again, I am not responsible for all that is happening here.' She complained silently. 'I understand you love Alan and Neil and are worried about them. But this is their destiny and neither you nor I nor this old man beside me....' She glanced at Sean, who she was certain was listening to her thoughts. 'Have control over it. So, stop blaming us for things we are not responsible for.'

Sean coughed to hide his laughter. Trinity was as hilarious as ever and if not for Jarett, who was just short of ripping their hearts out in his anger, he wouldn't have stopped himself from laughing out loud.

"Jarett, we meet again." Sean smiled and ignored Trinity's thoughts, not caring how livid the man was. "And we are here for Alan and Neil."

Jarett stood in his place, neither greeting the two nor allowing them to enter the house. Instead, he glared at them, not hiding his dissatisfaction with them.

"I do not like this."

"Neither do we." Trinity took over while Sean stepped back. "We understand your dilemma and your concern for your children. But this is what they were born into. I am sorry."

Jarett was not convinced. He kept staring at him impassively before reluctantly moving away from the door. "Please come inside."

"Hello, Emily." Trinity chirped and looked at the two boys, only for her smile to slip when she saw their crestfallen expressions. It was just as she had expected, just as heartbreaking. However, she still put up a brave front and smiled at them gently.

"Alan, Neil, are you ready to go?"

The twins did not react just as Trinity had expected. "I understand this is hard for you." She sighed and her shoulders sagged. "Not just for you, for us as well. If given a choice, we would not have interfered in your lives, let alone come here to escort you back to Atanor, where you belong."

"Trinity is right." Sean acknowledged her words and stood beside her in support. "We do not want this, like this." He raised his hands and gestured at the family of four who looked crestfallen and lost. "However, it is for the best and is the only way to keep your family safe. I am sorry."

"They are right." Neil stood up, forcing everyone's eyes on him. "We cannot allow danger to fall on Mom and Dad. If we returning to Atanor will keep them safe and out of all harm, Alan, we must go."

Trinity nodded at the boy's understanding and mature thinking.

"Thank you for understanding, son." Sean too smiled warmly at him and Neil nodded at him in return.

"Give us some time."

"Sure. But make it short, please." Sean nodded. "We do not want to alert anyone about you two until you reach Atanor safely."

Neil walked out of the living room and Alan followed him closely, leaving their parents to handle the couple.

"I'm entrusting my sons to you. Please..." Emily's tears gushed out of her eyes and she lowered her head while Jarett hugged her gently.

"I cannot say that Alan and Neil will be out of danger in Atanor because that is not true." Sean's expression turned rigid and stern and his wise eyes held a promise which Jarett noticed. "However, I promise I will take care of them and protect them well, even if I must sacrifice my life for it."

"Thank you." That was all Jarett could say. Although he was still infuriated with the older man, he trusted his words in this matter.

"Does Alan and Neil know who their biological parents are?" Trinity questioned carefully and observed the couple's reactions.

This was not a matter either she or Sean had a say in and they had left it for the Wright couple to handle.

"They do. We told them about Stefan and Alyssa yesterday." Jarett answered.

"And how did they react?"

"They accepted the truth and were astonishingly calm about it ."

"I see." Sean mused and thought about it.

'What's wrong, Sean? What happened?' He heard Trinity's voice in his mind and he sneaked a glance at her.

'I'm not sure, Trinity. I just have a hunch all of a sudden. It's as if something precarious will happen soon and one of the twins will be the victim.'

'But how is it possible? The others are yet to find out about Alan and Neil and...'

'I know Trinity. I know. I hope it is all my delusion. But, I just do...' Sean pressed his forehead before he stilled in his place.

Trinity noticed his lack of response and followed his gaze, only to settle on the fish tank behind the couch.

"Oh my.." She exclaimed, her surprised voice garnering Emily and Jarett's gazes to her first and then on the object that had caught their attention.

The Wright couple's eyes widened and they could not believe what they were seeing. The water in the tank was swirling and as seconds passed, it picked up speed.

"What's happening?" Jarett yelled, his face blanching in sheer horror. "How is it possible?"

'Is it Neil again? What is happening, Sean?' Trinity stepped closer to Sean and looked in the direction the twins had gone.

'It's Alan.' Sean replied in Trinity's mind. 'He's losing control of his emotions.'

'Do you mean to say....' Trinity's eyes widened in realization and right at that moment, the fish tank exploded, drenching the floor in the meanwhile.

'Looks like we have a water elemental here.'

0