chapter 10
457 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--3rd person POV--

“Oh sorry, I’ll leave right away” said Deaton already after turning his head immediately.

“Stay, I was planning to call you either way”

It was then that Deaton noticed the blood on the floor.

“Did someone of you two get hurt?”

“Yes, Lydia did. She suddenly screamed and she got in a sort of trance and started walking in the forest” I told him, hoping he would understand the situation and not fire me for bringing my girlfriend to the workplace.

“So the scream that covered the whole city was her”

Hearing this Lydia spoke: “Wait, how many people heard me exactly?”

“The whole town”

“What!?” cried Lydia

“Don’t worry no one will think it’s you, it didn’t sound human to begin with” I added trying to lighten her mood.

“This doesn’t comfort me, what am I exactly?”

At this point both Lydia and Thomas looked toward Deaton expecting him to answer.

Rather than answering he went toward the small gate and closed it, activating the mountain ash barrier.

“Try to open it Lydia”

While perplexed, Lydia still did what she was asked, but what left Thomas incredulous is that nothing happened, no barrier, no difficulty, she just opened the small gate without a problem

“As expected” said Deaton

“Does this mean that she is a normal human”

Asked Thomas was unsure if whether he could trust this test, after all he really couldn’t explain what happened to Lydia if not with the supernatural.

“Could someone explain to me what is too strange about me opening a small gate?”

“That gate is covered with mountain ash, if you close it, no supernatural creature will be able open it or touch it” I tell her.

“So, I’m just a normal crazy girl” why do women always try to change your words in an insult. That’s not what I said!

“You aren’t” I say, making sure she gets the point. I don’t want her to start finding faults in herself, her father is already doing a great job in that.

“Then how do you explain me walking nude in the forest at night”

Thomas didn’t know how to answer and calm his girlfriend, but fortunately Deaton intervened.

“While she is not supernatural, she has a connection to it. She is a banshee”

““A banshee?”” repeated both me and Lydia at the same time

“Yes, a banshee. Banshees are special women who have the power to sense and predict when someone is about to die. This trait is inherited by the females of a bloodline and can manifest itself in any moment of their life. Moreover, as a banshee you don’t have any of the weakness other supernatural beings have, like mountain ash”

“How does this work? will I get visions or hear things?”

“I don’t know, I never dealt with a banshee, but they are known for their powerful screams, so I’m quite sure you are one, but pay attention, I heard that some of them develop neurosis or psychosis because of their power”

“So, I’m a crazy girl In the making, great!”

Lydia was clearly scared and everything that happened this night was piling up, putting her through more stress.

Thomas knowing what his girlfriend was feeling took her hand in his and tried to comfort her.

“Do not worry I’m here with you; it was shocking for me too at the start when I found out what I was, but I’m sure that for you, it’ll be even easier.”

After hearing his words, Lydia looked at Thomas in the eyes, and both lost themselves in that gaze till an awkward Deaton coughed.

“I think it’s better if you go home, your parents must be worried”

After they got out Deaton went his way while Lydia and Thomas started walking on their own.

“Can I stay at your home tonight”

“Obviously, did something happen with your parents?”

“It got worse, now they drag me in their fights, especially my father he keeps finding faults in me and throwing the fault on mother”

“He doesn’t understand how good you are, all parents in Beacon Hills would give away all their belongings to make their daughters just half as smart as you are”

“You are getting better at complimenting”

“I prefer having my girlfriend happy, wouldn’t want her to start screaming at me”

“You may say so, but you make sure I scream your name for hours whenever you get a chance to shag me, even a banshee would get her throat sore with you”

“You got me. Let’s call your parents and tell them you are staying with me tonight”

“They’ll probably be mad”

“They should be scared, not mad. I’ll say that you had a panic attack”

“Thank, I don’t know what I would do without you”

“You are strong, today is just a bad day, everyone has those”

“No, it isn’t, you were able to make it a good one”

20