chapter 22
272 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--Laura POV--

As the phone call ended, I immediately wrote a message to Thomas and started running toward the health care.

“Peter has woken up and ran away by himself, reach me there” stated the message.

Another member of my family that I thought was lost forever appeared again.

--Peter POV--

“Are you sure about this?” asked a nurse on the side.

“About what?” I said, even if I knew what she meant. This woman is seriously irritating, but I need her for now.

“Killing your niece”.

“We already spoke about this, I need my revenge, and to achieve that I must have the power of an alpha. Once I’ll be an alpha and my revenge reaches its end, I’ll turn you in a werewolf and we’ll live together a happy life away from here” as if I would do that.

“But couldn’t you ask her to collaborate, it was her family too that died”.

“That girl was raised by her mother to be the perfect pacifist leader; she may try to put them in prison rather than killing them. As if that would work, it is as useless as putting Joker in prison hoping he would stay there” when was the last time I read a comix? I have not read one in 6 years… I’ll kill all those bastards, but first I need power, I’ll show them who they messed with, I’ll show them the power of an Alpha!

“Remember the practice we did. In case her friends come here don’t lie, they can hear your heartbeats, just manipulate the truth.” Hope she’ll be able to at least do this. She is loyal but doesn’t have any abilities.

Moreover, she wants to bite more than she can chew, how could she expect me to love her?

Having said all I needed to say, I run away and got ready to welcome my dear niece.

--Laura POV--

I was running toward the facility, but on my way, I suddenly smelled another werewolf, a familiar one.

Following the trail, I entered the forest near the health care facility and soon I saw Peter’s back.

“Peter are you okay? I can’t believe you woke up. We thought you were gone forever, Derek missed you more than anyone.” as he didn’t speak, nor he moved I approached him.

“You won’t believe, who I found. No first I need to reveal something to you, about something my mother d…” I was now standing right behind him, but something was not right.

I tried to retreat, but before I could Peter turned around and slashed me with his claws, I was barely able to avoid being hit in the heart, but my lungs got cut instead.

Holding my wound, I kneeled and looked terrified at my uncle, who was standing before me with a smile as his eyes turned red and fur started to grow on his body.

“Why?” I muttered.

I could feel the spark inside me leaving my body as my condition worsened.

Not now, not now that I got back a part of my family, not now that I came back home, not now that I can achieve my dream again, not now that I found new friends… Why now?

“Don’t worry I’ll use your power wisely and get revenge for our family”.

As he said that with a growl, worthy of the monster he had become, he raised his claw to finish me off.

--MC POV--

Me, Lydia and Malia are now in my new car, the latter is clearly agitated at the prospect of meeting her father for the first time.

She doesn’t know what to think or what would come out of this, she is probably scared he won’t even recognise her as his daughter.

She does have a father and she loves him a lot, but I understand the yearning to meet her blood related father, I always wanted to know mine too.

Lydia was trying to reassure Malia, but suddenly she looked in the forest and her face assumed an horrified expression.

“Laura is dying”

As she uttered these words I stopped the car, broke the door of the car and run in the direction she pointed.

It took some time to catch her scent after all she isn’t a member of my pride, and I never marked her.

The problem came when her odour was mixed with the smell of blood, and I could feel the desperation I the air.

When I reached her, I saw a beast in front of her, ready to strike again and end its prey, but before he could do so I threw myself at him. We rolled in the dirt, and the moment he stopped I teared his chest, while he threw me away using the full power of his legs.

I crushed against a tree, breaking it, but I was able to land on my feet. The beast in front of me watched me with its red eyes, but he decided to run away, while holding on the wound I gave him.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t chase after him as I had to assist Laura. When I saw her condition, I despaired as blood was flowing from her mouth while her hand was covering a large wound on her chest.

She looked at me with her eyes who kept changing from light red and yellow. She attempted to speak, but I stopped her and took her in my arms.

“Resist Laura, I’ll bring you to Deaton.”

Then I run as I never run and in a few minutes I was in front of the back door of Deaton’s clinic. I kicked it open and fortunately Deaton was there

“What is happe… put her on the table immediately and close the door to the hall” I did as he said and just after I closed the door a voice came from the other side.

“Deaton, did something happen? I can’t open the door.” it was the voice of Scott, one of my lacrosse teammates.

“Nothing, I’m closing for today. You can go home” said Deaton, while taking a wooden box from one of the shelves.

“But it is two hours early”

“A sudden personal problem. Just go home!” said Deaton this time with an imperative tone.

“Ok…” Scott relented and went away.

“There is only a small spark of her alpha power and that is what has been keeping her alive, I need you to help me keep her awake or the ritual won’t work.” These words were referred at me, so I reached for Laura’s side and held her hand.

Her eyes were unfocused, and the red of her eyes was as light as it could be, while the yellow appeared a lot more.

“Laura holds on, you need to stay awake!” My words barely reached her, and I doubt she could understand anything of what was happening.

“Kiss her, werelions can excite the opposite sex with contact or exchange of fluid. We need her body to release epinephrine to force her awake” Deaton cried and after the ingredients were placed he started chanting some strange words.

Throwing away any hesitation I dived on her lips and shared a long kiss trying to get the more saliva I could in her mouth.

Her eyes regained some colour and the red in them became darker for some second, they were wide open as they stared into mine, but I didn’t stop kissing her till Deaton ended his chant.

The moment that Deaton pronounced the last words, the red in her eyes disappeared in one go leaving only yellow behind, and her wound healed just as fast.

Her breathing became stable, and she fell asleep.

She survived.

14