Chapter 5 – Battle Report
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Latina:

She had her family to worry about, she was native born in New York to Puerto Rican parents, and New Years eve was a good night to earn cash from tourists' wallets.

The event happened, and she ignored the case on the ground instead she stumbled through the crowd into an escape alley, only to see the flood of tiny green monsters starting to attack the crowds. She stumbled on a guy with a case of military weapons, the little monsters killed him. She took his side arm a trusty M1911a1 service pistol, that with her trusty pocket flip knife, she was able to hack and kill the little monsters until she was free of the crowd, she had arrived at a location in Greenwich Village at the same time as several other people?

The Tattoo Shop Guy:

He stepped out of his shop just as the insanity started, after a few close calls with the Green Monsters, he stumbled at the location the Latina had arrived at the same time.

The Bear Person:

After a night of Drinking, he grew uneasy in the crowd and decided to walk to the edge of the crowd, when the event happened. He felt off, but continued leaving the crowd as he noticed the monsters attacking people at random. He fought a few, and started to flee through the allies and side streets, eventually he arrived at the same place as the others.

The Heavy Metal Bard Magic Girl:

After playing a set on her Guitar, the world went to chaos, she used her guitar which was now magically empowered the rock, to play music, and cast spells, she also awoke to being able to see sounds and improve her magic using her newfound synesthesia.  Many tiny green mosters fell at her feet as she walked and met with the others.

Dog Person:

The dog was a stray, it was doing the usual beg for treats and sneak food from the unsuspecting people. When the world went crazy, they then found themselves walking like a person, wearing basic human clothing. Seeing the monsters hurting people they attacked using their teeth. Eventually they made it to the group.

NYC Society Elite:

She, being the socially conscious person she is, and making sure to look fabulous and be at the right places at the right time, was at the right party overlooking times Square, she saw a hunk of a man, and decided to hunt him down like meat, she got her Kiss From him just as the world went to chaos, she didn’t care. After the kiss, they went to the village, mostly for a late-night meal, and because she felt he was a dish. Sadly, the city was even more of a mess than usual, when one of the flying monsters tried to attack her.

 

Initiative:

The Combat started with the ‘Party’ hacking, slashing, and shooting guns, crossbows, and magic at the gremlins. Three Gremlins dropped right away, plus a swam of bat monsters dropped out of the sky.

The Bear Person steps forward and smashes a bunch of them, and then the player quit the game without comment. ☹

The Dragon lady uses magic kills an injured gremlin.

The Bard then jumps into the air, she has wings cool, she then uses the blunt force trauma of her magical guitar to smash a gremlin. As a bonus action she plays some more music, party buffs.

The Tattoo Shop guy shots magic from a tattoo, oh this is exciting. Bat monster dead.

The Dog Person bites down kills a gremlin, they taste bad.  Player of Dog person leaves due to not liking Avrae for the dice rolls. (Fair enough, I don’t like it either, and we decided to change what we use, and how we do combat.)

The Social Elite Finds her gun is now a Crossbow, she is an excellent shot with it, many gremlins die.

The Gremlins jump the Bear Person, he dies badly, while the Dog person flees in terror.

Mary the Dragon uses her K-Bar and green flame shoots out as she hits a gremlin, killing one and injuring a second.

The Latina with a gun gets pissed at the little beasties. She penetrates true with her cheap flip blade. A gremlin dies.

After a few more rounds of combat, and as the party takes a few hits but nothing too bad, and many gremlins die The GB Gnoll enters the story.

Combat ends, aka switching to a more narrative combat style, new players join.

@GothicShark

As the night progressed the unending swarm of green little humanoid monsters and gray bat-like monsters descended upon anyone they could run into. Changed people across the city were forced to battle for their survival and those of their neighbors. Many fell to vicious fangs and daggers, while others flourished with their newfound powers and abilities. Whatever state they found themselves in, these heroes had no shortage of being to test their abilities against, along with other heroes to assist them. Thus did the night drag on… ((In order to progress things along we will be handling these current events in a way that is better suited for this play by post format. Rather than waiting around for everyone's initiative, everyone can go ahead and just start posting away what your characters are doing. Do try and find yourself at 7th avenue south and Bleecker Street, so that you can interact with others. The gremlin and bat creatures will continue to be coming out of every grate, manhole, and access all across the city, smelling heavily of the sewers. This means there are endless enemies so feel free to attack as much or as little as you want. In addition, this allows our newest players to jump into the action right away. In addition to RPing your characters actions, everyone’s encouraged to RP with each other as you all strive to survive this night’s events. Consider the RP floodgates open for everyone.))

 

GB Gnoll:

The person who will soon become a female gnoll is struggling to hustle for money and survival in NYC, NYE is just a better opportunity for money. He felt his night was worthwhile and was preparing to leave the hustle when Chaos, she awakens as a 7-foot tall Gnoll woman. She is very confused; she checks her backpack and then stumbles through the chaos defeating a few gremlins when she arrives to the aftermath of the party's battle.

Oh, so spicy:

Male Pole Dancer from Germany has a gig for a bachelorette party, chaos happens, his skin is now red, and the bag at his side has a cool laser sword. (Imperial March theme plays off in the background) he see the ugly little green gremlins, he channels his rage, and destroys a bunch, eventually arriving at the group.

The Tattoo shop guy invites people to his shop which is just around the corner, some go with him, others stand around shocked.

@GothicShark

Mary, the Dragon in a Sundress. (Side story part 2) After a brief yet violent battle against the little green menaces and some strange bats. The other people in the battle sort of disbursed and left before Mary could comment that her bar was technically still open. She shrugged, turned to face the door, and walked in. Most of the staff was still there, but the tables and chairs, and a few wall fixtures made it clear the patrons had scattered in a hurry after the Event started. Not a lot of the green snot monsters made it in, but her bouncer seemed to handle it well. He had also changed; she was now a big strong Green Guy with even more muscles. But it was clear he wasn’t an Orc, as his face looked perfectly human, only green, he also had a box at his feet, it was open, inside looked like leather bondage gear, and he was holding the most oversized axe she had ever seen. The Bar Staff similarly had changed, her head Bar Tender looked the same, but had a deep red skin tone, which perfectly matched her piercings. The others were busy cleaning, so she decided not to look for them as it was clear they were in the back room sweeping. “It’s me, Mary, Um, I’m a Dragon now I guess!” she stated, “we will keep the doors open as long as you are willing, however if you want to rush home, feel free I’ll watch the shop if needed.

 

@GothicShark part 2 in Bar & Grill channel:

Most of Mary’s staff stayed to help clean, put the tables and chair right side up, clean up the green monster messes, and fix and repair any damage caused by the midnight patron stampede.

 

Mary put on her apron over her sun dress, and is at the bar, Shaye the Head Bartender is also there. John “Muertos dur Soulslayer” Garcia is sitting at the front door with his great axe and playing solitaire.

 

Starfire-ish:

After a long night doing research on Astronomy as a PhD student, she just wants to get home watch Sailor Moon, and relax. Chaos Happens, she ends up being a different body size, with non-terrestrial humanoid features. After running over a bunch of gremlins with her car, she rushes into her apartment as it is under siege, she changes clothing, grabs essential items a weapon, and heads out after talking to the other people in the building.  She eventually gets to the area finding the mess of bodies, she tries to help some people in need, and then runs into the Social Elite lady, they both enter into the Dragon ladies Bar & Grill.

@GothicShark

The Bouncer looks up from his game of solitaire, "right about now I would normally ask for ID, but what are the chances you look like your IDs?" he asks, while placing a new card into order.

Mary looks up at the new people entering, sees... an alien? and a human, "hello welcome to Pendragon's" The dragon lady says with a chuckle, "never thought it would be a literal truth."

 

Over at the Tattoo shop more RP happens, but that isn't for everyone, eventually more Gremlins get destroyed, and the sun rises on a  new reality. 

1