Prologue: A Little Bit of Information on the Multiverse, Preparing to Announce the Tournament with The Illecebrosus Clan, and Meeting the Current Empe
51 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Illecebrosus Clan called a gathering of the major clans throughout the multiverse to give them a warning, issue a challenge, and ask for their help in preparations of something very important. What was this important thing, you may be asking? Why, they were reopening the Multiversal Tournament after twenty long years of holding the throne. There were several reasons for this.

The first was they were facing pressure from the other clans, and these tournaments were meant to prevent war across the wider multiverse, since many races were proud warriors. The second, was that even they missed the thrill of battle, the trash talking, and the spectacle of a show put on by the challengers of the tournament. The third, was that they were planning on changing up the format of the tournament, and needed the agreement of at least six ruling clans to do so. The fourth, was that their champion was desiring to expand his harem with strong warriors, and they'd been told by the emperor of their clan that it was finally time to put their plans in motions. Finally, the last reason, which these reasons were more excuses than anything, they planned to prove their superiority and finally neuter their enemies by announcing by giving them enough rope to hang themselves, and then when they tried to escape the noose, using a knife to, ahem, geld them.

The Illecebrosus Clan heads were at the usual meeting place, which was a special box of the Multiversal Colosseum where the ruling family could spectate all matches from, and waited for the other clans to gather. The first to arrive was the Igneous Clan, a group of hot blooded creatures that were led by fire dragons and their children. The second was the Aquas Clan, A group of sea faring folk who's entire world was made of water and only left their boats for the tournament, or clan meetings like this one. The third clan to arrive was the Faye Clan, a clan consisting of many fairy folk, elves, and other creatures you'd seen in “fairy tales” of humans. The fourth was one of those known to be the strongest, the Draco Clan. The Draco clan were known to all have the blood of dragons, and be led by a pantheon of primordial dragons that controlled their whole universe, not a single world. The only thing preventing them from taking over the multiverse was that their gods' powers were vastly reduced upon leaving their home universe, and they enjoyed they didn't feel it was worth it to rule unless they won the tournament.

The fifth clan to arrive was Ferris clan, a group of creatures and humans that believed the way of steel was the only way. The Ferris clan even went so far as to coat their bones in metal. The sixth clan to arrive was the Canis Clan, a mixture of anthropomorphic and feral canines that all were as intelligent if not more so than many of the other races in the multiverse. The seventh to arrive was the Felinis Clan, a group made of Feline hybrids, their human servants, their Anthropomorphic cousins, and their intelligent feral family. The eighth Clan to arrive was the Toxicity Clan, a clan known for using nothing but poison to win the tournaments, and had a penchant for poisoning their rivals even among their own clan and family. The ninth clan to arrive was the Infernus clan a group of demonic beings who reveled in pain, destruction, and sin. The only reason they were a part of the tournament was so that they could break the covenant binding them to their home universe and spread across the Multiverse as a whole.

The Tenth Clan was the Angelus Clan. The Angelus clan were the ones who mediated the tournament, and only sent one champion to fight believing that only one of their number should be forced to participate in the mortals meaningless blood sports. They were the ones who made the covenant that bound the Infernus Clan to their own universe upon losing the tournament the very first time, which the Angelus won. The eleventh Clan was the Libidinous Clan, a close cousin to the Illecebrosus Clan, however the two were estranged until very recently. Only this clan had any idea what their distant relatives had planned, and they were all for it, to a point. The twelfth clan was the Humanus Clan. The Humanus were a clan of Humans, Demi-humans, and humanoids who associated themselves with humanity on their own world and were the most numerous of races in the wider multiverse.

Finally we have clan thirteen, The Spiritas Clan, the clan presiding over the dead, the clan no one challenged as they were merely the arbiters of the tournament. They were the ones to start the tournament, set the rules, and the arbiters of every match. They alone would decide the winner based upon the rules of the current tournament, and they alone could overrule the current ruling clan's decisions when the tournament was involved. This was because they were the watchers over the dead of EVERY race, and EVERY realm of the dead. They were the closest beings in relation to the true gods of the multiverse, and they would not hesitate to destroy anyone, anything, or even any world that disobeyed the laws of the Multiverse, including the one about the tournament's results being sacred, and the competitors being allowed to fight for, buy, or trade for their own freedom so long as they had enough tournament points, money, good to pay for their freedom. They also judged whether one had enough glory, honor, strength, ability, and soul points to fight for their freedom if that was the decision they chose to make.

There was also over a hundred minor clan heads in the room, with two guards a piece. These minor clans were there to bare witness, and spread the word of the tournament's announcement, as well as host their own minor branches of the tournament to decide who would be allowed to compete in the Continental Tournaments, which would decide the Challengers of the World Tournaments, Which would then allow for the Universal Champions to be chosen, who would finally fight in the Multiversal Tournament as a champion of a major Clan, A free Agent, or A representative of a Minor Clan that may just allow that clan to become a major clan.

There were only three ways to become a major clan, that were known, the First have a champion win the tournament and hold challenges for five years straight to prove that they were worthy of being the multiversal emperor or empress. This worked in the ruling families favor as they could hold as many minor tournaments as they wished before the enemy could challenge the emperor, but he would still have to face the champions one on one. The second was to win the Larger multiversal tournament Three times in a row, didn't matter if it was the same champion each time, this was a harder challenge but not impossible, it was how most of the current major clans had gained their position. The final way was to be voted into a major clan by a two thirds majority of the current major clans after doing well enough in the tournament to earn the right to call for a vote. This required the minor clan to make it to the multiversal level, and have their champion or champions, make it to the quarter finals, which it took months of fighting to reach. That said, the minor clans usually tried this way, but there had never been a single clan to earn a two thirds vote. This was because as the council grew bigger, it was harder and harder to not piss off too many council members.

Anyway, with that said let's get back to the actual meeting, shall we. As the clans gathered, the Illecebrosus clan slowly rose to their feet and greeted each clan head, whether major or minor. After everyone had been greeted, the clans sat down and The Illecebrosus Clan announced their plans for the tournament. The tournament would become more than just a show of brute strength, as everyone even the clan heads were growing tired of the same blood sport over, and over. The Spiritas Clan agreed with this, and asked what would be the other ways of winning the tournament. The Illceebrosus Clan admitted they were willing to hear suggestions, for things other than their own belief in a ring out, submission, the usual knock out or death, and incapacitation.

This was where the Libidinous Clan came in, they suggested that since most races had both a male and female component, why not have the matches be to climax. They said it only seemed fair, since many clans got very worked up in a fight, in more ways than one. The Spiritas Clan considered this for a while then slowly nodded their heads and said they would allow it. The Spiritas Clan asked if anyone had any other suggestions, and the Draco clan suggested having there be tests of skills, mental and physical, that the challengers could challenge their opponent to, or even a challenge of the carnal arts, as the Libidinous Clan did just add a certain type of physical release to the roster, The Libidinous Clan agreed wholeheartedly, and so did the others, admitting that it would be a change in formula. They added that there should be a chance for those who were summoners of intelligent beasts, be allowed to use their summons as proxies if they wished to fight, but they would have to either offer up the summon upon losing, or their own body.

The Illecebrosus clan agreed, on the condition that warriors could enter their slaves if such was the case, so that they could have something of equal value to a summon. The Spiritas clan agreed, and asked if they wished to be a permanent rule change. Every major and minor clan agreed, realizing this gave them plenty of extra fighters. It was at this point he Illceebrosus clan announced that they would be televising the matches via magic crystals, technology, and any other way to broadcast it that the clans came up with. They also said that this would allow those not fighting or entering the tournament to make bets on fighters, offer up something for a favored fighter's freedom, and even interact with the champions of each round from the World tournaments onward.

The Spiritas Clan agreed, on the stipulation that only the Continental Tournaments onward were broadcast, and that The Continental Tournaments at least stayed true to the old form, of knock out, death, or submission. They said the new rules would be added on the world scale, and then from there the universal and Multiversal. They also demanded that with the new rules, the Tournaments were held every five years, no matter who won, though winners could have the next tournament after their win sooner, if they wished. Everyone agreed and said to honor the current Emperor's clan and name it the Illecebrosus Tournament. They wished for everyone to know that this was the doing of the Illecebrosus Clan, even if the other clans agreed to go along.

Finally there was talk of what to do with the losers of the tournament matches, from the Continental onward. The Spiritas clan had a plan for that, since slaves could fight for their freedom, or their masters, why not have the losers of the continental fight for a chance to reenter the world level tournament, on the stipulation if they lost three times, they forfeit their rights to the one who beat them the third time. Basically, since Slavery was already a part of the multiverse, they would make it a punishment for those who tried to rise above their station and didn't know when to quit. The slaves could still fight for their freedom, but they would no longer be allowed to participate in the current tournament after their third loss on the world level or higher.

The clans agreed, on the condition the losers mus train three months between each loss, so that the fights would not be repetitive, nor would the loser be able to say they were exhausted from their previous match or some such nonsense. The Spiritas Clan agreed, and said that this would revolutionize the Multiverse, and the Tournament would take place over the course of 10 years, and each successive Tournament would do the same. They also said they'd open their own stalks of age restoratives, allowing for the fighters to remain in the prime of their lives. Then they said they'd also open up shops for the fighters to pay Arena credits for, and that any losers who didn't become slaves on their third loss, could be sold to them for credits, and they'd sell losers from their own personal stock as slaves to the arena's fighters.

This was the point the other clans realized the Spiritas Clan were as much merchants as judges and masters of the realm of the dead. However, what no one realized was that The Spiritas Clan's foretellers had warned them of this, and that if they didn't get ahead of it,the rules of the Multiverse would be broken, and the entire thing would be erased. So, rather than being merchants, it was more they were willing to do what was necessary to prevent their homes destruction. Of course selling potions, weapons, gear, and slaves was a profit thing, but they would use those profits to spend on healing the sick, wounded, and deathly ill on other worlds. They were the only ones that realized that the dead did not wish for others to join them too soon, and as such they wished to honor the dead's requests.

With all that said, the Meeting came to an end and the Illecebrosus Clan returned to the Imperial Palace to tell the Emperor the good news. Meanwhile, the other clans set off to tell their people that the tournament would be held in a year, after the local tournaments were held to see who would compete in the continental tournaments. The minor clans were the first to leave, followed by the Major, then finally the Illecebrosus Clan left and the representative of the Clan heads walking to the imperial chambers. When the representative entered the room he had to hold his nose, due to the smell of copulation. He glanced at the emperor and sighed, seeing him in bed surrounded by his harem, most of which were originally some of his strongest opponents, turned into females with a gender change potion, and broken to his will.

The emperor looked up and said “Ah Representative Lacus, what can I do for you?”

Lacus bowed and said “My lord, the plans went better than expected, the Spiritas Clan even made the rules permanent starting at the World Tournament, then the tournaments shall happen every ten years after the end of the previous. They have even offered elixirs to the warriors, so long as they are still competitors that will either halt, slow, or regress their aging so that they may fight in their prime in the tournament they enter. I will be back with a list of rules when I bring you lunch, but we got what we wished, for, and more. This was all thanks to multiple clans being annoyed with our not holding the tournament in the last twenty years, as you said would happen. That said, are you going to pay healers to restore the minds of your...harem?”

The emperor laughed and said “I believe I shall, I'll even offer them a deal, should they get to the continental tournament, I will have their old forms restored, their bodies enhanced, and await them to challenge me at the end of the tournament, if we both shall make it there. If not, well then whoever fails to make it will be undeserving of the title emperor. Also you said the tournament will last ten years?”

Lacus nodded and said “That is what the Spiritas Clan said, my lord.” I believe it is to allow the fighters time to rest, train, and to not run out of time between tournament periods, well, after the continental.. I am of the opinion that due to the fact the Continental tournament this year will not follow the new rules, but the original, the Spiritas Clan plans on making the Continental Tournaments be a mere qualifier, and starting with the World tournament there will be a ten year period for the rest of the tournament. I believe this is in part because they are giving basically six months of training to those who lose twice in the World Tournament, before they officially are barred from further participation, and may only fight for their freedom after becoming slaves, or for their master's position.”

The emperor, realizing what this meant, let out a belly laugh and said “Of course the other clans would wish for their slaves to be allowed to participate, that would allow there fighters to measure their opponents, and weaken them without being taken out of the fight.” The emperor snorted and said “I think the ten year period, will be extended as the tournament goes on my friend. That said, I believe the Spiritas clan are partly doing this to truly end war in the multiverse, but also have their own reasons for allowing this. Ah well I'll let them commune with the gods while I enjoy fine wine, finer women, training to my heart's content, and entering the tournament in a years time. It will be a year before the Continental tournaments are held, correct?”

Lacus nodded and said “I believe that is the plan my lord. I will have to ask the Council and have them contact the other clans, but I believe that is the plan. I will tell you the exact chance afterward, that said, my lord, do you truly believe your harem will have what it takes to get beyond the continental round?”

The emperor laughed and said “Lacus, we have a chamber that slows time down, I will give them full use of it to get used to their original forms over this year. For we both know, that once their minds are restored they will give me a much better fight than the original time, if they don't break from realizing what happened to them while they were female. Many have given me strong sons, and I would love to see if they are prepared for what is to come. Also, the Venator Clan, run by a young man named Okami, will they be participating?”

Lacus nodded slowly and said “I believe so, my lord, why?” The emperor just smirked and thought “I wonder if you are an Apex Hunter as you say, boy. You were the first to end in a draw with me, and that was before you'd reached your final maturity. As for your mate I know you wont' let her enter as a full fighter, but as your second and proxy, because you and I both know if they can't beat her they can't lay a finger on you. I wonder, young Okami, what are your plans, and what brought you to our multiverse, you and your sister, as well as those other stunning beauties I barely sensed hiding around you.” Lacus coughed to get his lords attention and asked “Will that be all my lord?”

The emperor nodded and bid Lacus farewell before walking to his bath to take a much needed shower, and have a long soak while he thought about how to counter the interlopers in their multiverse, and especially the clan that said they were merely here to help.

While the emperor was planning on dealing with The Okami clan, and their leader, many plots, manipulations, and other things were going on in the background. Little did anyone know, that the “Apex Venators” were here for much more dangerous prey than a mere tournament could offer. While those they were hunting, were planning on sending this multiverse, and many more into the depths of despair. Those most sensitive to the feelings of the multiverse could almost hear a beast growl at a man laughing darkly, almost as if daring the man to do anything that will set this multiverse off course, while guarding the children, and people within. What no one realized, not even the beast itself, was that there was an even bigger beast watching it all, and wondering how best to defend the beast, while expanding it's own abilities, in this case, both the beast, and the man, were the prey of the Hunter, and this Hunter, was the True Top of the food chain.

1