Chapter 248 – Eldoria Dungeon (1)
481 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like my work and want to support me, consider checking out my Patreon. Besides several chapters ahead of the public, you will also be helping me get closer to my dream of being a full-time writer.

With everything prepared and done, I headed down to the first floor of the place with the intention of having breakfast. The girls would still spend some time in the room getting ready. According to them, a woman is only truly prepared when her partner can't refute them after they are properly dressed.

In the end, I just told them to take their time, as I would wait for them on the first floor. Additionally, there was something else I wanted to do, or rather, ask. As soon as I descended, I scanned around, trying to find someone specific, and it didn't take long to spot him.

More specifically, who I was trying to find was the Elf who guided us the day before, or more precisely, Melvis or something like that. Honestly, his name mattered little to me. In the end, he would still be either an idiot or a jerk, and that's how I would address him.

"Good morning, Mr. Melvis"

I said. Upon hearing my words, he turned his gaze towards me with an annoyed expression. I was confused by that, as all I did was greet him.

"Are you mocking me, human? My name is Mervis, don't forget"

He said, sighing and taking another sip of his drink.

“That's why humans are so..."

While he said that, the only thing I could think of was that "Mervis" made more sense than "Melvis" although, in my opinion, there wasn't much difference between them.

"Alright, Mervis, can I ask you a question?"

I said. Upon hearing my words, he just waved his hand. Of course, that wasn't the response I expected, as it clearly meant "Go away" or something like that. Anyway, the idiot remained the idiot, so I just decided to ignore him.

"Have you heard of the name Elowyn?"

As I pronounced that, I noticed the idiot's eyebrow twitch before he looked at me with a doubtful expression.

"Where did you hear that name?"

He asked. When he asked me that, I just shrugged. I mean, I couldn't simply tell him that I met the person the night before, as I should technically be sleeping. Besides, I really didn't want to tell him, as he was an idiot.

"I heard some elves mentioning that name from time to time. I got curious, wondering if it was someone so famous, since everyone seems to know"

For some reason, upon hearing my words, a strange and conceited smile opened on his face. His personality took a radical one-hundred-eighty-degree turn.

"I see, so you've heard. Well, I guess there's no helping it. Rejoice, human, for I will personally talk to you about our dear and honored queen"

He said. As soon as he said that, the only thought that crossed my mind was.

(Ah, as I suspected, she really was the queen)

After that, Mervis began talking about the queen. First off, I couldn't help but notice that no matter what he said, it was visibly clear that he was praising her in every possible way. Well, I guess that's to be expected from this guy, dealing with a woman.

Anyway, according to Mervis, Elowyn ascended to the throne a few decades ago, and again, the way he said it, as if it happened yesterday, really impressed me.

Getting back to the subject, apparently, Elowyn was the first to ascend to the throne with the unanimous vote of almost the entire population of Eldoria. Moreover, even though she was quite young, she proved to be extremely capable by modifying some old laws and implementing new ones, although nothing sufficient to cause a revolution.

This brought me back to the conversation I had with Elowyn the night before. With this new information I received, it became clear that she was asking me those questions in the position of the queen of Eldoria.

Mervis also mentioned that initially, the council of elders considerably limited the choices Elowyn could make in Eldoria. However, over time, this gradually changed, and now both have, in a way, equal power. In summary, although the elders can no longer directly harm Elowyn, the same goes for her.

With all this talk, I had totally forgotten about the girls. Also, the fact that Mervis was being strangely helpful also distracted me. So, I let Mervis talk to himself and started ordering my breakfast. While I was eating, the girls finally arrived.

It was also at this moment that Mervis realized that I had already stopped listening to him, but he easily seemed to forget about it since the girls were also here. Anyway, our breakfast went on with Mervis trying to flatter them, and they simply ignored him. After that, we went back to strolling around the city, with Mervis as our guide.

After all these experiences, we finally managed to reach the desired location. From the perspective, it was probably considered a tourist spot for outsiders, and I think the same can be said for the Elves. However, this was probably what we were expecting.

As we approached the location, you could see the hustle and bustle of various Elves around. Of course, not everyone was there for the main entrance, but because around it, there were several shops, making that area also quite busy.

"Is this the portal?"

Questioning this, Mervis, with a proud look, promptly answered my question. This guy was strangely cooperative with certain matters but utterly useless when it came to others.

"Exactly. Although we don't exactly know what this door is, we know it doesn't cause any harm. As soon as you enter, you'll be automatically teleported to some location in Eldoria"

Hearing his words, several questions arose in my mind. First off, why are the places you teleport to always around Eldoria? Is there a reason or mechanism that makes it so? Anyway, we would need to test it out ourselves.

With that in mind, I turned to the girls, and they nodded. Then, I directed my attention to the Elf.

"Can we go in?"

Upon hearing my words, the Elf seemed thoughtful, but quickly changed expression when the girls also asked questions; at that moment, he nodded enthusiastically.

Hi guys, I'd like to share an update on Labyrinth Summoning. After concluding the Eldoria arc (which, by the way, came to an end with this chapter), I'm considering putting the story on a brief hiatus. The reason for this is simple: recently, I've been devoting myself to writing something that appeals to me more, just for fun. This has made me a little tired of continuing with Labyrinth Summoning.

However, don't worry, I intend to return to this story in the future. I can't guarantee when yet, but I might publish a chapter occasionally, maybe once a month, depending on how excited I am to write about this universe. Also, I'm excited to share with you this new story I'm developing. It's a LitRPG, a creation that started out as a hobby, but which really excited me, especially because of the dynamics of the numbers, which made it a lot of fun to write.

I'm planning to make the finished chapters of this story available first on my Patreon next Monday. When I have a good number of chapters ready, I'll start posting them for free. In addition, I plan to release new chapters regularly on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, each about 1,500 words long.

Thank you for your continued support and I hope you understand this decision. See you soon with news!

Link to my new story on the three sites, ScribbleHub, RoyalRoad and Webnovel.

ScribbleHub

RoyalRoad

Webnovel

3