Chapter 240 – The relationship between moon elves and sun elves
134 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like my work and want to support me, consider checking out my Patreon. Besides several chapters ahead of the public, you will also be helping me get closer to my dream of being a full-time writer.

Now is the best time to become a Patreon since it is the beginning of the month.

After leaving the restaurant, Elara continued to guide us through the town, pointing out various places that could be considered tourist spots. However, as we strolled, the previous scene from the restaurant lingered in my mind. I wasn't sure why, but it truly left me feeling uneasy.

Moreover, it's not like I hadn't tried to help, but when I attempted to stand up, Elara stopped me, saying that assisting might make things worse. So, as we walked, a question persisted in my mind. Then, when the girls were relatively far from us, I asked.

“Do you always get treated this way by the sun elves?”

Upon hearing my question, Elara gave me a brief glance before returning her attention forward.

“Not always. Usually, it's the older ones who have this attitude. Thanks to the queen, the younger generation doesn't hate us as much. At most, they see us as distant cousins rather than stained compatriots”

Still, upon hearing Elara's words, there was something I couldn't accept. Even when bullied, I never completely surrendered. Even if I didn't openly oppose, my eyes still reflected my determination never to yield to their will.

“Even so... why not react? That elf was humiliated in the restaurant, forced to pay more than he should, but still, why didn't he retaliate?”

Upon hearing my words, Elara let out a soft laugh. I couldn't understand where the humor was in what I had said, but still, I waited to see what she would say.

“To be honest, he did the right thing... both I and all the other moon elves would probably do the same. In the end, we need to maintain a positive image for the sun elves, after all, that's what the queen asked of us. We've been doing this for a hundred years, and we'll continue to do it as long as necessary”

I couldn't claim to fully understand the reason behind Elara's words, but still, I perceived the weight of the situation. In the end, they are also facing this situation in their own way.

“I don't want to sound impolite, but... why do the sun elves harbor such discontent towards you?”

Upon hearing my words, Elara put her hand on her chin and closed her eyes, as if pondering the matter. Then, still with closed eyes, she spoke.

“This probably has to do with our magic. Sun elves use light magic, while we use dark magic. Well, that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but to the sun elves, who believe themselves to be the chosen race by God, we are considered the only mistake in their kind”

I was somewhat surprised to find out that moon elves use dark magic, as both light and dark magic are relatively rare in this world.

“But... the fact that you use dark magic doesn't necessarily imply something negative, right?”

Upon hearing my words, Elara displayed a sad smile on her face.

“You're right, normally it shouldn't. The use of dark magic doesn't define whether someone is good or bad, but the sun elves always want to blame us for something...”

After that, we fell silent again. We had nothing more to say. In the end, I didn't know how to help them, and if I tried, I might end up harming them even more. Sometimes, strength is not enough to resolve the situations that arise in our path.

With that, I chose to set the matter aside and enjoy our stroll through the area. Once night arrived, we returned to Elara's house, where we concluded the day.

***

"And then, after spending this time with them, what do you think?"

Listening to Lyria's question, Elara reflected deeply on the time she spent with the guests. In general, what she observed in two days was already enough to form an understanding of them. Anyway, dealing with this kind of situation was part of her responsibilities.

"They don't seem to be spies"

Hearing those words, Lyria agreed, nodding her head.

"I agree with you, at least this time. It doesn't seem like those old folks are plotting something"

The reason Lyria is investigating Makoto, even against her will, is quite simple. Previously, the elders who are part of the council of the sun elves conspired against them. Although this had happened several times before, the last time was the worst, resulting in a decrease in acceptance of the moon elves.

"They seem to be good people. I don't know why they need to go to Eldoria, but they don't seem like they will harm us..."

Upon hearing this, Lyria realized that Elara seemed to have something more to say.

"What happened, Elara? It's okay. You can talk"

Upon hearing this, Elara let out a small sigh. Then, with a peculiar expression, she looked at Lyria.

"About Makoto... I don't know why, but he seems to have a lot of compassion for our situation. In the restaurant incident, he almost went after those men... I don't know exactly why, but he seems like someone who would help us if given the opportunity"

Upon hearing this, Lyria displayed a faint smile.

"It would be good if that were true, but we can't involve them in our problems. Just make sure their stay here is pleasant"

Upon hearing this, Elara simply nodded.

"Understood, Lyria-sama"

After that, Elara withdrew from the place, leaving Lyria to her own thoughts.

***

After all these events, a few weeks unfolded smoothly in the village of the Moon Elves. Both I and the girls lived these days in a serene manner. Every now and then, we replayed that game we played last time. I must say, on those occasions, I was practically being tested.

But everything turned out fine. I don't know why, but my endurance seems to be extraordinary. To be honest, lately, I feel that even doing everything I can, sometimes it's still not enough, so I do it twice. Anyway, it was during one of those peaceful weeks that Lyria called us, saying she already had an answer to give us.

My discord server for conversations, there you'll also find photos of the protagonists of my works, as well as possible spoilers for my future stories, plus I'm always alerting you when a new free chapter is posted.

4