Volume 2: Chapter 63 Leeching
131 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Excuse me, I want to store some things that could occupy a warehouse. Do you have anything near that size?"
"We don't have anything close to that size. We have one in development but it is still stationary. You won't be able to move it around once its installed and it needs to be constantly powered using a special energy source. You want individual storage equipment."
"I see, that is too bad. Please give the largest storage equipment you have. Also, please give me enough to have around the space size that I need."
"I understand, you would need 10 of our largest storage equipment. However, to be sure, why not buy 15 of them? I will give you 25% discount!"

Normally this is the time the bargaining begins or in my case walk away and ask around for a better price. However, this is the healing saint's buy and her group's money so I just need to sit back and wait for my free stuff.

"If you sell it to me with the normal price then I would buy 15."

*Business Smile*

"Eh? What are you talking about? Ah, you must have known about the prices for storage equipment from last year! It's such a sad thing to tell you the truth. Our main enchanter for storage equipment died so production have slowed down. Our enchanters are a close group so they are all sad over the lost of their senior. As a result, we produced less storage equipment this year. There were many mistakes that lead to a loss of materials because they are distracted. We have no choice but to hike up the price."
"Our team leader sold you some materials last month. He knows the normal price you sell your storage equipment for. Please give me the normal price."
"That is that, this is this. We properly bought those materials after a long negotiation. That business has concluded and this business is new."
"I understand since that is the case, we will buy from your rival company. Also, according to the instructions that leader gave me. You have broken the contract between our businesses. As stated by the contract, you have to sell at normal price for our people not exceeding 100 storage equipment per month. Please pay the penalty of 1000 gold coins or we will lodge a complaint to the business management at the island."

So this is one of the stores that the prince's group has a business deal with. It looks like they don't want to needlessly waste money. The map probably has an order of importance in regards to stores to buy. They don't want to pay for the overcharge, it is their money so I won't complain. Actually, I don't know which sane person would say 'But me stuff from the overpriced stores using your money'.

"W-wait! I mean....err..ahahaha. Ooohh! You are from that merchant guild. Now I remember, I thought you were from the other one. I was instructed to cut ties with them since they kept giving us poor quality materials. ahahaha."

You may want to wipe that cold sweat.

"Since it's a misunderstanding, it can't be helped. Please tally up the items I requested."
"Of course, Of course. The total comes to 22 gold coins. As apology for the mistake, I will round it off to 20 gold coins and with the 25% discount it comes to 15 gold coins."

She solved this problem with proper information and a grasping his weakness but that came from being a big merchant guild. I want you to show me an example of bargaining from a normal civilian's point of view. I will need to be involved with the economy while smithing so I need skills like that.

"You finished showing off your connections in the central island, little healer?"
"Ah, no, I was just. Ahem, I finished. Here are the storage equipment."
"Let's go for anvils and tongs. I need one from every element other than earth for the anvils and five sets of tongs, in case I need spares. I need quality equipment so don't buy it on some roadside."
"Quality, huh. That means we need to visit different store. Since we are already at the demon side of the city then we can purchase their element equipment first."

Nice, I will have the perfect start with all this equipment. They would degrade faster at my continent but I would probably store them in my [Soul Storage] until I get orders using materials that need those equipment.

This is like playing a game with a level 1 character equipped with end game gear. It feels boring but since I would probably have to 'restart' a lot of times, I don't want to waste my first few years trying to regain my footing.

"We bought a lot today! Do you want to eat first Mr. Smith?"
"Not yet, I still need some mana insulating materials. I want to construct my smith with it to avoid the earth mana from interfering when I forge equipment of different mana."
"We would need to go to a construction company then."

This will help me create equipment with different mana attributes. They might deteriorate faster in my continent but the only who would probably buy them is the prince, so I can do it from time to time whenever I need some coins. The best of the best will be kept in my storage. I should probaly start by stocking up different sizes of clothing. The restart always happen with me naked in the middle of nowhere so I want something to wear right away. The jungle and the top of the mountain was bearable naked but if I get sent to some snowy terrain then I would die soon after wearing nothing at all.

"Mr. Smith, shall I hire a beetlecab to shuttle us for the day?"
"Beetlecab? Sure, we may go all over the place and I want to finish this faster, so I can start arranging for the making of my smithy."
"Is that so, then let us finish this fast. The sooner you can be an established blacksmith then the better it is for us."
"Tsk, I know, I know. I already agreed to the business deal so you can stop trying to get on my good side. When I reach a level I can be proud off then I will make some custom orders from your group. I will repay what is given to me so don't worry about me running after receiving the benefits. I would tarnish my long line of dwarven blacksmith lineage otherwise."

Yes, A true dwarf in this world won't run after given goodwill. This is especially enforced when the hero started running around. I don't know which but it was most likely the inventor who introduced plumbing. I would probably follow his example and do good to those who did good to me too but I still don't like the prince's group. I mean I thank him to high heavens for letting me enjoy indoor plumbing but I don't want to be the instrument of someone's plan to take over the world.

Hammers, anvils, tongs, building materials and a ton of different materials with different elements.

I have pretty much everything I need to get a rich kid start on my business. I want to buy some other things but I don't want to show excessive greed. They may get the idea that they could buy me off just by dumping money on me. As expected, I would feel bad if they kept piling money on me without giving something in return. A feeling won't kill me so I still won't give anything back.

"It looks like this is pretty much it. Are there other things that a blacksmith might need?"
"If we are done with the business stuff that needs to be bough then time to shop for everyday items. I need some at home clothes and some armour when I travel. Don't worry about the armour, I will take care of it when I get back. Where can we find good durable shirts and pants here, nothing flashy or I might be targeted by bandits, predators, or friend's teasing."
"In that case, we can go to a shop owned by the leader. We have good shirts made with the design the hero left behind."

"I have everything I need to start my foundations. I won't thank you but I will repay you this favour in the future."
"I, and most likely the leader, am very happy with your decision. It's late in the afternoon now, do you want to go for dinner to celebrate!?!? "
"No thanks. Now that I finished shopping, I will just waste time by touring the island before our group returns to our continent. You don't have to accompany me, I want to see the sights by myself."
"Is that so, that's a shame. It was pretty fun shopping around with you. Very well then, I will relay your decision to the leader. Oh, one more thing. When will you leave the island?"

How is it fun when I am just using your money? I know we have small talks here and there but I don't think I am interesting enough to pull off a 'fun shopping trip' where I point and you buy. Is it because I come from a different continent? The curiosity about an unkown place with untold adventure lured your sense of adventure?

"We can only stay on this island for 5 days so we will leave 3 days later. If your leader has some things he need that has to do with the deal then tell him I will meet your group at the last day. Otherwise, don't interrupt me at my leisure time."
"I understand, thank you for the positive response of our deal. Here are 50 gold coins for food and drinks during your sighseeing trip. We shall meet again at the final day. Bye!!"

*wave* *wave*

Finally gone, as profiting as the day have been to me, I can't really stand having to act like some stubborn dwarf. I'm also shopping for essentials which is great but not that fun at all.

Now, where should I go? It doesn't hurt to look at the arena. I saw the weapon shops all around the island including the ones from the other continents but as interesting as they look, I want to see them in action. The claws, slingshot, sword, mace, wands and others look pretty easy to decipher but there are some strange contraptions that I want to know the use of, like those body strap that has long whip-like hairs on the side. If someone wears it then they would look like the a centibus standing up, except the legs are very very thin.

"Oi, brill!! Are you here to watch some fights in the arena too?"
"All of you are going? Is this a trip activity?"

All of my classmates are going too? Victor and chatterbox aren't with them though.

"Bell's story about victor's fight got us interested, so we came to see a few fights. It's not that often you can see things like this."
"I see, so where are the wonder duo that caused this event?"
"Ah, victor was getting pretty edgy when he knew about us going here but the teacher told him not to fight for until he is healed, so he is under house arrest less he get tempted. Bell said something about business strategy and went off somewhere. Anyway, since you are here, let's all go together. I hope they serve some delicious beer!"

Even if he is tempted, I thought that he wasn't allowed to fight the next day he got badly injured according to the arena rules? They won't allow it no matter how eager he is. Actually, he might pull me outside and ask for a sparring if he can't take it anymore. That would be annoying so good job teacher!!

Chatterbox probably doesn't want to show how eager he is to be in a business deal with the arena so he won't show up here for awhile. Hmm, he probably won't come back here for the remainder of the trip. It would be a problem if the arena storekeepers forgot about him but it is his strategy, so I will keep out of it.

"A barrel of wine please!"
"Ooh, looks like brill is showing off, we won't lose to him. Clerk, give me a barrel of beer!"
"Me too!"
"Give me the strongest you got!!"

I might have accidentally boosted their business, I wonder if this puts a dent on chatterbox's plan?

5