Volume 2: Chapter 124 The Usual Monthly Routine
56 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This is my order ticket."
"Hmm, yeah, I have your order completed. This is your bill. Please pay the total."
"Here, thank you!"

And that is the last one. I delivered all of the commissions for this month. I also sold a few of my wares.

I didn't get any new commissions but that should change a few days later. I made a rule that I won't be accepting commissions until I finish returning all of the previous commissions.

This is to prevent getting the new and old orders mixed up. I only have a single box to keep all of the order forms, and I am too lazy to keep another box. It also doesn't help that those who want to order and those who want to order sometimes clash on who goes first.

It's not that my stall is crowded enough that people shove and push each other but in the prospect that I will get to that point in the future, I am training my customers about my rules.

My popularity has been stable nowadays. I receive a decent amount of commission. I sell a good amount of my wares. I have a group of people that I can call my regulars, and there are very few people that are dissatisfied with my products.

I think it is time for me to go to the next step. I think it is time for me to produce works that will bring attention to me from afar.

If my work brings in a decent price at the auction, I should start selling my wares to towns a bit away from here. I should slowly expand my brand that way until people from the capital recognize me.

I have to remember that I can only auction exceptional products to make them more valuable and highlight my skill more.

The only problem is how long should I spend on each town? Should I stay there until my work is stable like the one here in jade town, or should I just sell there a few times before moving on? I can't exactly spend a year in each town. Otherwise, it would take me hundreds of years before I can reach my goal of being a continent renowned expert.

"Hello, is this brill smith's stall?"
"Yeah, do you need something from me?"
"Yes, I hear that you do commissions?"
"Do you know the conditions?"

Please don't be a new trending fad. Please don't be a new trending fad. Please don't be a new trending fad.

"Yeah, I know the general details from asking a few people."
"Alright, I will give you the conditions and explain it to you, so our business will proceed properly."

He seems to be a merchant from the way he is carrying a storage bag, and being escorted by two warriors. One of them has a pickaxe and the other a hammer. They aren't paying attention to the conversation between me and their boss, they are looking at the surroundings.

I know that that is their job and all but am I not considered a danger to their boss here? I'm talking to them from inside the carriage. Are you not going to pay attention to the carriage which may or may not hide an assassin?

"You need to hand in a design with all the specifics for the commission. I also need your requirements and materials you want for the commission. I also need all the materials handed in, or you can pay me money to buy all the materials needed plus 10% above the market price. I'll return the 10% back when I deliver you the finished product. At that time, you will also have to pay the commission price in full. Here is your order form, write your name and a general description of your commission. I will make two copies of that, so I can know who ordered who. Do you have any questions?"

I should put that in a sign in the near future. It's tiring to say all of that every time I have a new customer. Actually, It doesn't even have to be a new customer, I have to repeat the conditions so they know the rules. I don't want them to renege on the transaction because they 'didn't know it was like this', or something.

"I understand. I will return later with the complete requirements and specification."
"In that case, please return the order form. We have a first come first served policy in effect."
"Alright, I will be back quickly."

He never gave me any info about what kind of thing he was going to commission.

"Excuse me, I would like to buy this armour set."
"Yes, Please try it on first if it fits you."

I won't hold my breath in suspense though, I have plenty of customers. If they don't come back, then that is that. I guess I have a lot of things that need to be done before I can accept their commission unlike the other places but it can't be helped. I am a one man team here, I need to have this kind of system in place to keep myself somewhat organized.

"It fits!"
"Can you move?"
"I think I can."
"If you only think you can, then I won't sell it to you."
"But I have the money!"
"Even if you have the money, it would be useless if you can't use the product. Go home and come back when you have the strength to use that armour."

This is also another rule I heavily enforced. I want my works to be used, not be displayed in the corner of the room as part of the decoration.

If they just display my crafted works somewhere, it means they won't use it. It also means, it won't be worn down or get damaged. I won't have any repeat customers if that happens.

My limits are the 'I love you' daggers, since fads like those die down sooner or later. They come and go fast, so I won't have to worry about the repeat customers. The only thing I need to pay attention to is that I need to jump into the bandwagon early on if I want to make the most money.

 

 

"Hello, Welcome to the Orange Shield Merchant Guild. How may I help you?"
"This is the card your manager gave me. Can I put up some of my things for auction?"
"Hmm, I understand. Please come this way along with the items you wish to put up for auction. We will be with you shortly along with an appraiser. The next auction will happen next week. I will explain the procedures and give you the contract later."
"Yeah, thanks."

The things that I want to be auctioned are only two things. Since I wanted the things to be auctioned to be precious, I will keep it to a maximum of two per auction. I will also try not to auction things too frequently, maybe only when I feel like my skill made some kind of breakthrough.

First is this great hammer that weighs about 200kg. The head is in the classic square hammer heads but my little twist is that the inner side of those hammer faces are concave, and there is also a point in the middle of it. It probably won't do much for battle but the sound of each hammer strike will definitely be explosive.

The point is in the shape of a pickaxe except it is straight. I was going to go with a spear point but it would probably break off if it isn't hit accurately. I engraved the handle, and the hammer-heads. The handle is wrapped with leather for easy grip too!

I can only think of this as a novelty item but the quality is guaranteed. Those should work for most monsters and beasts you encounter on your travels.

The other item is armour. It is a simple dragon scale armour. Well, the design is dragon scale but the material is lava iron. I doubt it could withstand dragon fire but it should suffice if you want to fight lava hippos safely. It would still burn you if the lava gets inside the armour though, so they need to protect their faces.

I can't really do anything about the eye slots since those need to be cleared. I haven't really come across any transparent material that is strong enough to be put on armour.

"Welcome Mr. Brill Smith. I will be appraising your items for the upcoming auction. Please give me a description of what they are and their capabilities."

An old grandma that seems like she has seen it all. I'm starting to get nervous here. Well, this will be my first auction. The first step will always be shaky!

2