Volume 2: Chapter 153 Returning to the Island
49 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Welcome, Welcome, Please look around and feel free to test my wares. I can guarantee their effectiveness. These are items that have survived the bandit plague a few years ago. Everything has good quality and can be bargained! Don't be shy and try it out!"
"Oh my, that looks very weird. Was it something used by the bandits?"
"That is some great eyes you have there sir! That item is a claw that the infamous ScrapIron bandits used! They use it to grab onto armoured enemies and strip them of it."
"Hmm, I guess it could be a fun item for my collection. All right, wrap it up for me and send it to this place. Here is my card, the gatekeeper will pay you when he receives the item."
"Thanks for the business!"

Wow, he actually sold that piece of junk for a very high price. The item itself is useless, since it's basically a slashing weapon. It would scratch up the surface of the armour at best. I doubt those ScrapIron bandit groups were even famous.

He got lucky that some rich person wants that junk item for a collection.

It's been three years since the operation was finished in my region. After the army swept the other regions and the continent of bandits, things died down. I'm surprised that bandit items are still in circulation.

Most of the items that bandits have aren't suited for this continent since they mostly focus on fighting humanoid opponents. They do have armour-piercing or impact weapons but they can't afford high quality ones, so they mostly focus on flexible weapons that could restrain armoured enemies. I find that they have a large amount of chains or flexible ropes, things that could restrain enemies.

Those things won't really work that much against monsters so bandit items are mostly destroyed or remade into something else.

"Thank you all for your patronage. I have sold out my wares. Please come back next time."

It's not to the level of selling novelty items like that merchant but I can still earn a lot from my craft. Of course I put in more effort but I earn less than them. Ah, so unfair.

Oh no, Oh no, I'm starting to envy those merchants. I should just focus on my craft. I can still bring my skills to the next life, so the better I get, the better equipped I will be in the next life.

"Eh! Come on, you still have some left. That big trunk over there is full."
"Sorry but those are for the next city."
"Isn't it better to sell it here? You won't have to waste time travelling."
"No, most of those are commissions from that city. It would be a waste to travel to a city only to bring the commissions, so I still need something to sell. Sorry about that but please be patient until the next time I come back here."
"Haaah, It can't be helped. Until the next time then."
"I'll bring extra next time, so I won't run out of things to sell."

I would need to bring an extra trunk next time. The load would be too much for Hornbasher alone, so I would need to buy another mount to pull the wagon. I'll also need to buy another wagon to put all of the wares.

It should be time to bring a wife for hornbasher. He has been getting too aggressive in fighting for territory back in the village.

 

 

"Next! Ah, leaving already, Master Brill?"
"Yes, here is my identification and record of my inventory."
"Yes, thank you. Hmm, everything is in order as always. Please have a safe trip, we await your next visit to our city."
"It might take some time but I will return."

I don't really have anything planned at the moment. The amount of custom made item requests that I receive died down since the army started sweeping for bandits around the continent. I could head to a mining town somewhere near after I unload all of my wares on the next town as planned and head to the central island.

I might as well do that. I could also buy some things and head back to the village right after. I am closer to the central island than the village right now, might as well travel there for a visit before returning.

It's funny how the dragon's road was combed through by the army and now they are doing the same here on the continent. In the end most of the powerful bandit groups only relocated and came back.

The whole thing was only a show of force because the bandits attacked our school, which was affiliated with the army, thanks to our recruit graduates that travelled with us to the central island. I guess it happens from time to time because of carelessness, or until the fear of the army's might within the bandits died down.

"Baa!"
"No, we won't be going back to the village. We will head straight to the next town and unload everything that we have left."

That city we went to was the last on my list that requested custom orders. I wanted to save a few wares, so I can sell them at the capital on the way back to the village but now that I am heading to the central island, I need to dump it and buy some things to sell to the central island.

I also need to hire some mercenary guards, or I could join a merchant caravan heading there. Either way, I would need to fill up my inventory with things to sell.

That kid I rescued before, I wonder if he made something out of himself. I'm not expecting a merchant empire but at least a small store should have been made. I can somehow take care of my money problem because I now have a craft that I could market, but I would need a source of recent and trustworthy information.

I don't know the amount of time from when I die to when I come to life again. Having access to recent information is very helpful because a lot could change. Actually, ever since the hero died, nothing changed that much. The fact that the continents are divided and could only meet at the very regulated and strictly monitored, by the sea monsters, central island means that progress will be strangled too.

Cultures won't clash, won't combine, and will barely interact. The hero kept things too peaceful. I have found that all of the technological advancement is mostly from the heroes.

It doesn't really matter much to me but I need some ideas that could make my skills get better. I need more situations where my skills will be tested, like when bandits threatened the region. The market leaned towards weapons and armour specific to fighting people from the dwarf continent but the tension made me create weird weapons that could help pierce heavy armoured opponents.

I know weapons in the dwarf continent are primarily like that but making new variations is also good, though most of the variations are from custom orders. I find that customers always want to have a special twist on their weapons and armours, like a hidden skill they could use.

My area of expertise is very limited, as being a bookstore sales clerk isn't exactly something that gives me a lot of skills. I need external help if I want to improve my craft.

The possibility of an event as large as the bandit plague appearing would be slim, so I need to set up some things if I want to keep improving.

The prince wanted some weapons and armour that could help them fight against the dragons. Helping them defeat the dragons might not be that bad of an idea. If something bad ever comes out of it, the damages would be contained on the human continent. If they are successful, we may have a way to reunite the different continents.

I'll go to the next town and buy materials to make some wares that I could sell at the central island. I also have some weapons that are made to pierce tower shields, along with whatever is hiding behind it. Maybe that weapon of mine could pierce a dragon's scales.

I doubt the prince would head straight to fight against the dragon the moment he gets my weapons. He should have some way to test it. I bet the first part of the test is if the weapon could withstand immense heat, so I need to make that weapon with materials with high heat resistance.

A weapon like that can't be made using a normal forge, so I would have to mostly use my mana to forge the weapon. It would drain me dry if I make that weapon first, so I need to make the random wares that I would sell at the island first.

Since I would make that weapon mostly using mana, I can make it on the way to the island. I'll make the normal items in the next town and pour all of my attention and mana into making the special weapon that I would present to the prince group.

"I'll be trying to find a wife for you when we go to the central island. You better prepare yourself."
"Baa!!"

Look at you all excited. Ah, now that I think about it. Creating that huge territory and fighting off every beast and monsters that stray there should be him having pent up emotions. Having a friend would help him calm down a little.

I'll also try to get a few different species of mounts. Otherwise, hornbasher and the other males would fight hornbasher for the leadership position. It would just end up with me trying to tend to their wounds and pacifying the loser.

3