Volume 2 Epilogue
62 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

---------------------------------------------------Prince POV----------------------------

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

"Excuse me, sir."
"Come in."

*Creak*

"Has it already been taken care of?"
"It has been confirmed. The body has been sighted and the former hero is now dead."
"Good, and the other issue?"
"Yes, the carriage has been stripped down and sold as part, as is the cargo. The draught animals have been sent back using a reputable mercenary group. The cost was subtracted from the price of the parts and cargo sold. Here are the receipts and calculations for it."
"Thank you, Good work."
"Hmm? Dissatisfied? I know it doesn't bring any benefit at all but I believe fulfilling the dying request of someone who helped you is the least you could do."
"I have no such thoughts, sir."

Brief it may be but that fellow did help amuse my little sister. He was also part of the education like Lily was to me. They help guide us as we grow up, so sending his pets back to his hometown is a small matter.

However, at some point we need to completely separate from them and be independent. My little sister couldn’t completely do that, so she burned herself when she tried to correct her indecision. I suppose it was another way to learn.

I just couldn’t believe that he still survived. His ‘cheat’ must have been a second life, one that sends him to another place and become another race. A genius way to survive a deadly encounter.

If it weren’t for the appraisal glasses my father left me, I wouldn’t even know it was him. There is only one person who has the title [Immortal Princess Protector] along with [Sebastian].

These glasses have been useful in running the merchant guild too. Combat with it is another matter though, as the screen clutters with information. Other than identifying materials, it only tells peoples names and titles but it has helped find out scammers here in the central island.

"Sir, The compilation of the former hero's life on our continent has been completed but I believe it won't amount to much."
"That is fine. I know the reason he became a dwarf is due to his 'cheat' as my father says. I just want to know if he can contribute to the puzzle beneath the temple."

My father left me many things. A lot of them are the riches and treasures he accumulated but the most important ones are the mysteries he couldn't solve.

The Hero' temple was built by the Scholar hero before the central island was even created. It was originally a small island with nothing but the temple towering so high, you can see it from the edge of the continent, in all continents.

The middle spot where the Scholar hero likes to use for his tricks is connected to an underground passage that only a hero could survive. I doubt Brill, the former hero, could survive though. No one could enter that area besides the hero thus the trick where the ground crumbles only continued when heroes visit the temple.

Father mentioned that the only way to survive is to use the 'cheats' you are given. Father mentioned a legacy left by the scholar hero hidden below the temple but an indestructible puzzle door blocks the path below.

It would take some time to solve the mystery behind that temple.

"Have the troops been assembled?"
"Everyone is assembled and currently being trained to fight the dragons, sir."
"The weapons and armour aren't enough yet. We need more materials to make them."
"Searchers have been sent to every corner of the human continent to find more. Our contacts on the other continent are also working in their best capacity to find more."
"Hmm, let's increase the Dragon slayer troop. Have a few mage divisions ready too. We need to be prepared to fight against the whole sea monster army."
"I understand sir. I will head out to prepare it right away."
"Oh, I will be heading back to oversee my little sister's coronation. Send a notice back to the castle of my return."
"As you command."

*Bow*

As fast as ever to disappear like always. It is hard to believe he is reaching his 70's soon.

Finding those materials was a boon of luck.

I am finally close to fulfilling one of my father's dreams. Once I kill the dragons on our continent, We will take on the sea monsters. A bridge would then be built from our continent to the central island, and then to finish off the other monsters guarding the central island.

Once we helped the other continents to defeat their dragons, we can finally reconnect all of the continents back together.

The central island has worked to blend the different cultures of the other continents together. We are now ready to reconcile with the other races.
My father was limited by his weapons and couldn't do this but I swear by the name he gave me, Dan jr, that I will complete every regret he had.

2