Volume 1: Chapter 4 Prison
703 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So much for my plan to collect the combinable blessed items. I don't have to worry about ambushes about the items so I guess that is plus minus zero.

I can't even see outside since they placed me inside a covered wagon. I wonder how much influence the heroes have on here. I don't really have a comparison so I shouldn't really care about it.

The knights are stationed outside with a person 'driving' the wagon and another one guarding me. The knight is really quiet though, I have been trying to talk to him since yesterday but he would not even reply. Their training must be strict. They let me out to do my business during the night when we make camp but someone has to guard me. I feel like an exhibitionist, how excit- Ahem, embarrassing. The armor type looks like those I saw in the movies but a bit more slimmer. Are they the mobile type of knights or is the armour material in this world strong enough even if its a bit thin?

They don't have the covered helmet though, is this for vision or is the covered one only for those knights spearing each other in movies? Ah, I'm distracting myself from my current problem. Two people with a sword and shield, two using halberds and a commander looking person using a sword and shield. The horses they are ridding also have a bow and arrows stashed near their back legs. A good long, mid and close range combination.

I am captured and about to live my life 'repaying' the kingdom for my crimes. Now that I think about it, I forgot to ask the old man about the name of the kingdom. For the meantime let me list things I need to find out:
-How to get a class
-How to get a skill
-How to ensure my life
That is one short list. I am sure there are more things I need to do but I can't remember and I don't think I need to worry about them as much as these three first.

We stop a few times during the morning and I hear sounds of beasts screaming. When things calmed down a long moment pass and they load up parts, which I am guessing from monsters, into the wagon. Horns, skin, scales, fangs, claws, and even weapons and armour, I am guessing we encounter monsters and bandits during the road trip.

I have a new cage mate now. a couple of bandits it seems. They are still unconscious though and bandaged pretty heavily. I guess they are the only survivors. I can't wait for them to wake up, At least I have someone to chat with during the trip. Wake up, don't let a couple of slashes and broken bones keep you from waking up. I wonder if these knights are strong or if the monsters we encounter are weak? I also saw few pieces of meat covered by some piece of fabric that they packed in the wagon. Is that our dinner?
...
Having nothing to do I sleep even during the day and finally after 3 days of travel we made it to the capital. How do I know? it's because it started being noisy. Sometimes I hear a few people shouting 'Work hard for the kingdom', or 'Pay for your crimes with hard work'.
"I will, Thanks for the encouragement!"
When I replied I hear clapping, that is weird are criminals some kind of celebrity here or something.
"Please don't patronize the crowd, most of those in the capital only dealt with petty crimes. Those who traveled from other towns and villages lost families and lives from criminals. You responding lightly like that would agitate them."
"Oooh!, so you finally talked to me. Can you finally answer some of my questions?"
"....."

Silence huh, I would have liked to at least know how to change class or learn a skill. I can't wait to reach our destination, I hope to find a nice convict who can explain everything. I better start working out too because I can't really power up using my current skill.

We finally stopped huh, They started unloading the monster materials and remaining food. My cage mates are also carried out. I'm the last one huh, goodbye cage life, hello prison life. There are a group of wooden cabins which I guess is the place where prisoner stays and I can see the back of the castle in the far distance behind those wooden cabins.

Is the security okay? I say that but a group of watchtower and stone mason building which I assume is the barracks is between the cabins and the castle, we are also surrounded by the castle wall. Farmlands stretch behind me, there is also a group of apple? trees. This is where we work huh. Right now I am being guided in front of a wide open space in front of a platform with a group of people. This is the part where we get a greeting huh.

Looks like they got the newcomer greeting right, a row of soldiers surrounding the new criminals to instill fear and obedience to them while the person in charge is escorted by a group of knights on horses to make us hear the thundering hoofs making the situation tense. Finally, the captain? is slowly walking up the platform with a strong metallic footsteps.

"I am the Captain of the knights squad Morgan Nic. I will announce your crimes and explain the rules in this place. The rules are simple, Don't escape, Don't harm others, Don't destroy, Don't disobey the group leaders. Violate those rules and you will be punished. If you push our patience and continue to violate the rules then we will extend your sentence. If you cause a huge problem then we will transfer you somewhere you can never come out of again. Now I will now announce the length of your sentence, you will be given a tag and an instruction booklet, when I call out your name come to the front to collect it and proceed to the cabin number written in your tag."

So it really is the captain. No wonder his sword looks like small sparks of electricity is jumping all over it, is that the famous enchanted sword? He is missing the best part of prisoner greeting though, the 'You worthless maggots', 'In here I am the law, the judge, the executioner', or 'Keep between the lines and we'll get along just fine.', like those in movies. He started calling out names and their length of servitude. Looks like they really don't have those forced control devices here. So far the information I have seem legitimate.

"Brill Insanity, Trespassing and destruction"
Oh looks like I'm called, makes sense since I'm the last one. However, to think they don't announce the specific crime. Is it to prevent conflict. Like Criminal A attacking a certain village and Criminal B coincidentally knowing someone there so might attack Criminal A in revenge.
"Here"
No response again, they really have this no nonsense policy going on. Sheesh, can't they have at least greet someone. Lets just take my things. A booklet and this tag;

Brill Insanity Sentence:
Hero year 473 - 483
Cabin: B8 Group: Farm Field: B8

Does this mean my roommates are all farmers? I wo-
"Proceed to your cabin, Specifics and your schedule are written in the booklet."
I was pushed aside, well it didn't hurt but it was still shocking. I'll remember this, be careful or the next tomato you bite just might have a den of worms inside.

B8, B8, B8, oh there it is. All the cabins look exactly alike except the huge symbol or designation? at the door. The districts are labeled with a huge road sign with a letter. From what I can see the letters are A-D is this all or are the only ones here the farming group?
Now that I think about it, not once have I heard murder or rape when he was calling out names. Maybe the ones here are those who have the less violent crimes. I refuse to believe that the population here, where people have a need to be more powerful because of monsters, are that well behaved. Anyway, I need to show a good attitude to my fellow farmers from now on. Stand tall, stomach in, big smile and a happy aura. Basic acting is needed until you know how far you can push your luck with them.

"Good Afternoon cellmates."

14