Volume 1: Chapter 6 Farming
622 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I must be tired from the long journey inside the cage on a wagon and the lukewarm prisoner greeting yesterday because before I knew it I was asleep. The consequence of that is me waking up under this still dark sky, in other words early morning.

What should I do now? I can't exactly go for an early morning walk or they might mistake me as someone escaping. I also have to work a whole field by myself later so I don't want to use up all my game playing, book keeping, loner energy by exercising this early morning. Warm-up and stretching should be fine so that should get rid at least half an hour and maybe I would get a skill through this. Like 'Healthy body' or maybe small xp gain from it.
...
Nothing, No pop-up, no notification and not even a health or stamina bar can be seen. New games have a 'realism' mode but I am sure players still want to see their progress at the very least. At least this should improve my 30 year old, super passive, never exercising low energy body. I don't care if it always float in front of my eyes, PLEASE GIVE ME A UI!!

"WORK TIME, EVERYONE ASSEMBLE!!"
Loud, I guess its time to work. No breakfast? I actually haven't eaten since I came here. so, no dinner either?
Oh!, there's pieces of bread near the entrance to the field. People seem to pick one up as they line up in front of platforms again. Four platforms with letters and each has around 9 lines each. Ugh, this means I will have a line all to myself. Monkey see, monkey do.
B platform 8th line, all by myself. If I didn't have to work a whole field by myself I would enjoy this.

Hmm, are there are group of teenagers in front of the fields. They must be students since they are wearing uniforms. Which hero introduced the sailor uniform in this world? The guys are wearing business suits. I smell cosplay!! Here comes our announcer or spokesperson? what do you call those who make the morning announcements? I can't remember, but lets just call them announcer.

"Good Morning, Please work your hardest today too. People in the B group are in charge of planting carrots today. Also, since B group got newcomers today I will explain how it works again. The tools are given in the shed near your respective field. There is an intro on how to do farming listed on the field. Each group are responsible for their respective field and you can divide it as you wish as long as by the end of the day you meet the quota, for carrots its 10 wagons full. Questions?"

*Crash* Whoa, I feel an earthquake. Are those students practicing earth magic or something. So there really is magic in this world. My fellow inmates isn't even fazed by whats happening over there, so this is normal?

"Here!, From group B8. I'm the only person in my group do I also have to fill the quota by myself? and what do you mean when you said 'by the end of the day'?"
"Yes, no exceptions for quota. If you can't do it by yourself you can by a farming golem by extending your sentence by 10 years. Ah, since your group consist of only newcomers you can miss the quota for today as stated in the hero prison law 1 'amateur leeway law'."
"Eh, wouldn't that mean that I would be transferred to the life sentence group if I purchased too much?"
"One of the past hero also thought about it so as part of the hero prison laws you will only be sent to the life sentence group if you purchased a certain quantity. For example, you are sentenced...hmm 10 years as showed in the record, so if you purchased something 90 times you will join the life sentence group. ah forgot to mention that any purchase will only be available for one whole month and you will only be allowed items during work."

Ugh, do I purchase or not? Since I have that weirdly named leeway I should see for myself if I can do it myself. I don't want to stay here more than I need to.

"Everyone, seeds are already divided for each fields so start working. For lunch later we have the legendary hero meal! Hamburger, french fries, ice water and a hero toy. Rejoice!"

haahh, what the heck are you doing hero. I want to punch you myself. To think you made an ordinary hamburger combo into a some legendary hero meal. I'm more of a fish and chips kind of man.
...
This is a huge field for a single person. Around the size of a basketball court? It's still large nonetheless.
In the shed are... a shovel, a small shovel, a pair of scissors,a wheelbarrow, and a pickaxe? I'm new to farming but I am sure you need more than this to farm. Still, this shed looks nice, kinda like an army barracks but with farm tools. Oh, there is even a coverall, I used to wear that when I painted my apartment.

How to fantasy farm, magic version by Super Food Hero Jim
1. Magic students will prepare the soil during morning announcements.
2. Bury seeds at least an inch down the soil and cover with dirt. Arrange them in a line at least an inch apart.
3. During lunch magic students shower field with water.
4. Harvest plants in the afternoon.

Simple, Easy what the heck? I only bury seeds and harvest at the end of the day. I think I could do this by myself after all. Why do they even rent out those farming bots? scam?

Time to plant I guess. So the seeds are in that container by the shed. I'll just put them in the pouch of my work clothes and then dig *scritch, scratch* HARD!! is this concrete! did those magic students pack the soil too much? Is this why they gave us the pickaxe? I might as well be a miner. Complaining won't change anything and would only waste my energy. I am the only one working at this field too. I don't have the to worry about that, I need to finish this before noon.

"HAAH! YAH! GUH! SAAAAA! HMMP!"
Each swing is tearing my arms!!! Am I farming or am I mining! hah! wait! Do I have to use the shovel to crack the ground as well when I cover the seeds?
Wait, I see a signpost at the end of the field where it says 'Soft Soil', so I fill it up with that soft soil to cover the seeds. I might just need to rent the farming bot at this rate.
......
"heeh, haaah, heeeh, haaaah"
I'm finally done, I can't even move now. I think I have some spare time before noon. My arms are about to explode and my heart feels like its on overdrive.
They did say Ice water in the morning right!? At least let the burger be a bigger size, I'm too hungry and too irritated to be shown a downsized fast-food small burger right now!

14