Volume 1: Chapter 11 My Sweet Farm
590 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Welcome to forfarm Village, you said you wanted to move here correct?"
"Yes village chief, I'm Brill. I wanted to move here and retire. Is there a secluded spot where I can build my farm near the forest."
"A secluded farm near the forest, eh. What kind of farm will you do?"
"Mainly vegetables. I would also like to plant a couple of fruits too. I probably won't rear animals."
"Hmmm, ok there is this old place near the edge of the forest. The family who lived there moved to a different town since forest animals and monsters frequent their property. They mainly reared livestock and since the forest claimed most of them they had to relocate. You can use the grazing field as a farm if you're not rearing animals. However, as agreed by the kingdom laws you need to pay 15 percent of your harvest to the village. You don't have to worry about quota since thanks to the hero establishing the prison group we only need to give them a percentage of the village's harvest as a show of goodwill."
"I understand, when can I move in?"
"Let me guide you, I will also show you the village."
"Ah, thanks"

I'm finally starting my farm. Finally, my quiet life will begin again. The village chief must be bored, I found him looking in a distance while rocking his rocking chair. She said a tour but most of the buildings I need to interact with are only the butcher, the merchants and the carpenter are already known to me. They have a big sign after all.

"What are you doing standing there? Let's go, young man. The day is still early let me give you the premium tour. hahaha"

What an active old grandma, is there really nothing to do at this place. Well, this is good for me too. The quieter it is the less disturbance I have to deal with.

"That there is the merchant house, its pretty big and the most frequented place in the village so we will start with that. This is the place where merchants lodge and sell their wares when they visit the village. If you want something you can't find in the village then go there, its a bit more expensive though. Since they got their merchandise by travelling from different parts of the kingdom."

"That over there is where Peter the carpenter lives, His apprentices also lives there, if you want to renovate your house or you want something built then ask them. They take gold or you can barter some of your harvest too. It depends on what they want though most people pay with gold. ah, the only place you can sell your harvest is the merchant house. It's normal, after all most people in this village farms."

"That over there is the village winery, they don't have a grape farm but most of the grape farm are already providing for their use."

"Those houses near the forest are where the hunters live, if you want fresh meat you can buy it from them. If you can't gut and clean it yourself or if you only want a few pieces of it the town butcher is that house near the hunters' houses. If you catch any animals in the forest they can buy it or butcher it for you. Their skill is great you know, as long as its edible they can butcher pretty much any animal or monsters. One time someone caught a huge cockatrice and they cleaned that thing in only a single afternoon."

"Most of the families with farms live at the east over there, so visit them if you want something like certain kind of crops you don't grow. Most of their excess are sold directly to the merchants so if you want to buy some of their harvest, inform them beforehand so they can set it aside."

"Your house is through those gate at the west. It's quite far from the main roads and near the forest so most farmers avoid it. For now you are the only one living there. Ah, if you encounter any trouble just run to the gates there are a couple of guards watching over each gate in the village. The guard station is located near the merchant house too. We have enough guards here to protect this village from most bandit groups so don't worry."

"Ah, I haven't walked through this path in such a long time. I wonder how the old farm looks like now? It's nice to work this old bones from time to time."

"There it is, just pass the hero tree. Ah, ah, the whole place is overrun by weeds now. If you need someone to help you in cleaning the grounds you can post a request near the village well in the middle of the village. Mostly kids and those who have free-time take jobs posted through there. You can pay with money or crops. There are more applicants for money though. If you also have free-time check the jobs available and help your fellow villagers, its an easy way to improve your relationship with others."

"So here you are, I will leave it to you. Ah, walking from time to time is nice. I should do this more often."
"Thanks village chief. Bye"

She finally left. I couldn't even get a word in when she started talking. She really is bored. So this is my new home from now on huh. The fields are full of overgrown grass, the barn is almost rotted through, and the house is almost destroyed. Most of my money will be used to rebuild this place huh. I can use the barn as a storage. I can also modify the roof as a patio overlooking the forest. Maybe I will also ask for one of those rocking chairs.

I first need to make a path and clear a bit of the grass so the carpenters can set up some work are. Good thing I learned some magic with the princess. I can't do a wide are by myself but I still learned the magic to till the soil those students use on the prison farmlands. To think it was a first year work exercise on magic control. They learn how to manage their power using the wide area and plentiful mana of the farmlands. The 1st years do the middle and the 2nd years do the edge near the fence.

I just need to pour magic into the earth and imagine a blender while containing the place where I distribute my mana. When I have that image down, I move it to the areas I want to affect, slowly, carefully without destroying the house and the fence surrounding the grazing fields.

There finally done, now I need to call the carpenters to help rebuild the house and the cabin. A single story house should be fine for me, I only a kitchen, bedroom, living room and bathroom/washroom. The barn I want something three stories tall. The first two stories will be open so I can stack my harvest. The second story only needs a walkway on the edges overlooking the first floor, maybe I will put a net in the middle so I can hang the soft fruits and vegetables. The third floor will be an open roof with a small room for storage, I can dry some foodstuff there.

I can manage the fence myself, it will also help me survey my land. I should have enough money to rebuild this place and have enough to last me until the end.

After being taken from my ideal life in earth, After being forced to work the field for five years, After being forced to serve for five years, I am finally going to live my life.

I don't have to worry about that lazy noob gamer, I don't need to worry about the previous or future heroes, I don't need to find those blessed equipment taken from me. I don't need such chains binding me.

Starting from this farm I will survive by myself and live the way I intended, without being swayed by anyone and I will erase those who tries to corrode my way of life.

16