Chapter 69 – Getting Kidnapped
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a hard day of training, Dam Son, Xuan Li and Sugar Bun washed their bodies clean inside Jin Hennessy’s soothing onsen. This was the first time he had ever allowed them to bathe there, this meant he was beginning to warm up to them despite his abrasive demeanour.

Finished washing up, the students got dressed then prepare to leave for the Tower of Residence. Coming down the flight of stairs protruding the mountainside, Dam Son conversed with his companions about the perks of their training. Eventually, their conversation shifted to something else.

“Did you guys hear about the new arcade that recently opened up in the adjoining complex of the Page Coliseum?”

“I knew that long before you did, turtle.”

“This is the first time I’m hearing about it.” Dam Son was clueless. “What is an arcade?”

Sugar Bun answered. “It’s a cool place that has lots of fun games to play. Recently it has turned into the new hotspot for bored students. A fellow classmate told me that the arcade has imported upgraded booklets that are pre-installed with the latest magical games. I think I might go check it out on my way back. What about you two?”

“Is it open at this hour?”

“What sort of foolish question is that, Dark-Human? The arcade is never closed, which is why it is turning into the most famous hotspot in Raixom Academy. I will make a short detour there as well. Hey, turtle, do they have any good multiplayer games?”

“You bet your sweet bum they do. Are you thinking about challenging me in a race?”

“You’re on, turtle. I’m going to feed you dust for supper.”

“Not a chance.” Sugar Bun was sure that Xuan Li could not beat him in a racing game.

Dam Son became curious about the arcade, thus he decided to tag along with his buddies. As soon as they made it to the bottom of the mountain, Dam Son’s Guide received a sudden message from Vor Eyes. It stated that he had a miraculous invention to share with him that couldn’t wait till the next day.

Dam Son decided to go see what Vor Eyes wanted him for, so he parted company with his friends. “Guys I’m so sorry but I can no longer go with you to the arcade. That boy from before said he has something urgent to show me. I’m going to go check it out. If I finished my business there early then I’ll meet you guys at the arcade.”

“Alright, do your thing. We’ll be waiting for you at the arcade.” Xuan Li and Sugar Bun went in a separate direction from Dam Son.

On his way to Vor Eyes’ laboratory, Dam Son flew through a poorly populated district to get there faster. All of a sudden, a speeding projectile appeared out of nowhere and knocked him off his sapphire suitcase.

Dam Son tumbled onto the floor until he lost impetus. Standing up while grasping his injured head, he spoke, “Huh, what hit me?” Soon as he wondered about this, multiple dark-robed individuals started surrounding him from all angles; air included.

“What is this?” Dam Son was confused. He couldn’t fathom the reason why so many cloaked figures exuding ill intent would be blocking his path to Vor Eyes's lab. The added muscles were sent by Boss Vage to prevent any causalities just in case the Abyss Script was to be activated. 

“What do you people want?” Asking this question, one of the dark-robed men began to stand out in Dam Son’s sight.

Tor Eyes sauntered towards his immature target while deliberately flicking the Blue Kismet Coin for Dam Son to see.

“Huh?” Staring at the Blue Kismet Coin, Dam Son could feel a burning sensation coursing through his forehead.

“You recognized this coin, don’t you brat?” Tor Eyes commenced his interrogation. “Don’t even bother to lie to me, your expression says it all. Give me what I want and you don’t have to get hurt.”

“I can’t.” Dam Son’s refusal was brought about by uncertainty.

“So you wish to do this the hard way? Very well.” Tor Eyes gestured to his gang to capture Dam Son. “Boys get him.”

The dark-robed gang members began rushing towards Dam Son simultaneously. They aimed to capture him alive, therefore, they refrained from using lethal measures.

“I won’t let you have me! Suit return!” Dam Son called back the sapphire suitcase that separated from him during the crash. He quickly hopped onto it intending to fly to safety.

“Do you think you can escape?” Saying this, Tor Eyes flipped the Blue Kismet Coin. The moment it landed in his palm, a widespread sapphire dome was formed which isolated their devious activities from the outside world.

“What sort of barrier is this?” Every time he flew through the barrier, Dam Son found himself returning to random locations inside the dome. “It’s like an inescapable loop.” Realizing this, Dam Son kept repeating the same process over and over until the Vage Gang grew tired of him.

“Somebody catch that brat! He’s getting on my damn nerve.”

“Leave it to us, we’ll get him.” The gang of thugs closest to Dam Son rushed him with entrapping attitude. They flung out a net ahead of him which captured his movements. However, this alone wasn’t enough to hold Dam Son in place.

“Let me out!” Reaching a point of utter agitation, Dam Son released his potent Natural Verb Force that completely shattered the net, moreover, blasted away several gang members who became fearful.

“Is that the power of the Black Kismet Coin?”

“If it is, I don’t think we can go anywhere near him.”

“What now? That bizarre energy seems like it could be dangerous even for us.”

The gang members started having doubts about continuing with their operation. Tor Eyes had to step forward and spoke to them. “There’s no need to fear him. That kid isn’t using the power of the Black Kismet Coin. That energy circulating him is only Natural Verb Force. It’s a deadly technique developed by an ancient Word Fu expert. It usually takes decades to master. That kid is only at the beginner’s level. He shouldn’t be that difficult for you to handle. Now set aside your fears and do what you came here for. Need I remind you that the boss won’t be please if this mission ends in failure?”

“Tor Eyes is right. The boss is a lot scarier than this kid.” The Vage Gang no longer hesitated to subdue Dam Son. Despite his potent Natural Verb Force protecting him, it wasn’t enough to fight off all the members of the Vage Gang. Eventually, he ran out of stamina and was taken captive in the dead of night. No one knew he had been kidnapped.

 

 

0