Chapter 73 – Infiltration Successful
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ahh!” The 3 intrusive teenagers fell flat on their faces inside a dark chamber just as they came through a briefly formed portal. They arrived at a separate location aside from where the man had come through with Dam Son’s sapphire suitcase. This happened due to a minor miscalculation in Vor Eyes’ arithmetic deduction. It was a good thing he made a mistake, otherwise, he would have been teleported to an open area that was densely packed with gang members.

“Where are we?” Taking a peek through the metal bars which cordoned the dark chamber, Sugar Bun viewed a strange environment outside with sealed spaces all around. Huge support columns were regularly seen wherever he looked. “Could we be underground?”

“That assumption is mostly correct.” Using his Guide to scan the air density of the environment, Vor Eyes solidified Sugar Bun’s claim. “We seem to have been teleported to the subterranean centre of Raixom Academy. Those air pockets that you see above us are to ensure that no one suffocates down here.”

“I had no idea such a place exist beneath Raixom Academy.”

“Me neither. To have built such an amazing structure in secret must have taken a long time.”

“How long are you two going to sit there and admire this shithole? We have to rescue that Dark-Human before he croaks.” Xuan Li’s speech redirected the focus of the gang.

“He’s right. So where do we go from here? Now that we’ve lost track of Dam Son’s suitcase, we have no compass of direction.”

“That is true.” Vor Eyes agreed with Sugar Bun. “First we need to get out of this chamber without being detected. Those men wearing dark robes are a part of a shady organization. If they discover us, I reckon they’d skin us alive.”

“Wait, isn’t your brother a part of their gang? If anyone is going to get skinned alive it will be the turtle and myself, not you.”

“Though your theory posed some amount of verity, right now that isn’t our main concern.” Vor Eyes used his Camouflage Script to produce a transparent sheet over himself and the others. “We’re slim enough to fit through these bars. While our invisibility is still in effect, we should go for it.”

“That’s easy enough for you to say.” Out of the trio, Sugar Bun was the only one who found it difficult to squeeze his big belly through the narrow bars.

Xuan Li mocked him, “I told you to lose some of them pounds turtle.”

“Shut up! I’m almost through.” Sugar Bun sucked in all of his fat, moreover, wiggled himself until he finally got through the bars. “Whew, that was a hassle.”

“Come on you two, try and keep up.” Vor Eyes was leading the 3-man infiltration crew. They sneakily moved across a corridor while avoiding being seen by members of the Vage Gang.

“Do you even know where you’re taking us, Four Eyes?”

“I’m trying to get a feel for the layout of this place. Don’t stray too far behind, otherwise, the invisibility will become undone.”

The 3-man infiltration crew continued their sneaking escapade of the subterranean hideout. Along their journey, they came across a small auction chamber where many valuable treasures and rich folks were on display. They observed it for a while before moving on to a balcony that overlooked a battle area filled with exciting people. Another death match was currently in progress down below. Sugar Bun almost vomited when he witnessed a defeated lad getting his intestines ripped out of his mouth.

“Keep it together turtle.” Xuan Li encouraged Sugar Bun to stall his vomit.

While crossing the expansive walkway, Vor Eyes spotted a familiar man carrying Dam Son’s sapphire suitcase at the opposite end of the balcony. “Look over there. We need to follow that man. I reckon he’ll lead us directly to where Dam Son is being held captive.”

“How are we supposed to get over there? He’s way over on the other side. Do you want us to jump down and sneak our way through the ongoing death match?”

“That won’t be necessary. There should be an adjoining corridor up ahead. Just follow my lead.” Vor Eyes led the crew to the end of the walkway still avoiding detection. As expected, an adjoining corridor was there. They spotted the man on the other side carrying Dam Son’s suitcase to an elevator that was beside a downward stairway.

“Come on. We’ll take the stairs to meet him down there.”

The infiltrators ran down the narrow flight of stairs until they made it to the lower level moments before the elevator arrived. The environment below seemed way spookier than the one above.

Xuan Li spotted some weird line-up of cells ahead. “Are we in some sort of malicious dungeon?”

“Seems that way.” Said Vor Eyes.

“This place is so scary. I want to go home.”

“Not now turtle. Suck up your gut and let’s continue to follow that guy.”

Just then, the elevator came asunder and the man carrying Suit stepped out, looking a bit pale. “Tsk, what the hell is inside this suitcase that makes it so damn heavy all of a sudden. I better not open it until the boss gets a hold of it.” The man continued his haggard strides down the eerie passageway. As the students tailed him, they saw various illicit experiments being done in various parts of the dungeon.

“Gosh, this places reeks of disgust. I don’t think I can hold it in anymore.” Sugar Bun veered off course to empty his stomach into a small container that he picked up off a table nearby. His sudden reaction caused Vor Eyes’s cloaking to become undone. They had to quickly hide behind a stack of barrels.

“Look what you’ve done turtle.” Xuan Li berated Sugar Bun. “Because of you, we’ve almost been discovered and we’ve lost track of that man with the suitcase.”

“I’m sorry, but I had to let it out. This place is too toxic.” As he spoke, residual excess from his prior regurgitation trickled down the side of his lips.

“Nasty, clean yourself off turtle.”  Xuan Li used Sugar Bun’s shirt to wipe away the nasty from his face.

“That’s enough. Are you trying to rub my face clean off?”

“If that gets the nasty off then so be it.”

“You guys keep quiet. Someone is passing by.” If Vor Eyes’ warning had come a second later then they would have been found out by the Vage Gang. “They are gone. Now we just have to find a way to get to where Dam Son is being held without being seen. That area is bound to be crawling with guards.”

“Leave it to me.” Xuan Li suggested, “I have an idea that will surely garner the attention of those suckers.”

0