Chapter 2: Headaches
33 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
what kind of fighters do you want to see the most of
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.

As Vincent was walking to the store he started to try and see the small details He was looking at everything through a new lens, he knew this would all change in 2 days but he didn't know how much would change.

 

He was paying attention to the smell of fall, the scent of slightly decaying leaves, the smell of winter coming soon. He turned and looked up at the clouds, and he saw the puffiness of the clouds how bright the sky is. The trees a vibrant green, the grass seems to be more green than usual. He then started looking at the stores as he walked by. They seemed normal he didn't see them any different they looked the same. It unnerved vincent a bit more than he'd like to admit. Then he noticed an old school building, it was his high school two years ago, they shut it down due to chemical problems. Vincent decided to walk around his old school then he noticed a shimmering around the top window, it was around the old principal's office. He peered closer.

“What is that shimmering,” Vincent thought.”It seems to be-----.”

 

Vincent's thoughts were abruptly stopped as he was hit by a huge headache, almost migraine level. “You can do it fight through it, I need to see what that shimmering is.” As vincent was looking at that shimmering he noticed the movement of a limb. As quick as it came it went away.

“What was that.” Vincent thought, ‘it might be something important later.”

 

“Or I could find out now,” a little voice says. “I should not listen to random thoughts.” Vincent thinks ”But the thought is right.” Vincent starts walking towards the building.

 

As he was walking he noticed no matter how far he walked he never went forward.

“Huh, weird,” Vincent thinks but noticing his actions are futile he leaves it alone and walks to the store.

 

------

 

When VIncent arrives at the store he looks at the “grocery list.”

-3 Katanas

-4 Sabers

-10 Daggers

-Don’t get guns

-All other weapons you can think of/carry

 

Thanks

Mom

 

“What is this list, it's like they don't want me home quickly, huh,” Vincent laughs. As Vincent was walking around he noticed a mirror in the top corner of the shop, he then noticed his eyes were changing color rapidly. “Huh, that hasn't happened in a long time,” Vincent just laughs it off.

 

“Can I help you?” a voice behind him askes 

 

Vincent jumps and twirls around “Sorry you scarred me,” he said as he landed back on the ground, slightly perturbed on how he didn't notice the shop employee with his abnormal sensitivity to spatial relations. “No problem,” the employee says with a grin, his teeth looked particularly sharp to Vincent for some reason. “ I have been spacing out for a little bit again haven't I?” Vincent says, he blinks again and the employee’s teeth are normal, Vincent was wondering if he was imagining it.

 

The employee just chuckles for some odd reason. “Thank you for asking….. Sid” Vincent thanks him and checked his name tag. Vincent had another headache as he was checking out the weapons which he didn't think would get processed so quickly. Vincent started looking around trying to find the source of his headaches to no success, but he did notice the happy employee’s smiles, they just seemed too fake, or they had another reason to smile other than at customers. Vincent just shakes his head, because why would he see the smiles as fake, why is he seeing things that give him headaches, why why why why.

 

“I should head home now.” Vincent mumbled under his breath,” Things are getting strange.”

 

As Vincent was walking back home he noticed an alleyway that he never noticed, he started to walk closer it seemed to… draw him in. When he got closer he started to notice some details that are not normal, he noticed blood on the walls, he sees pieces of a white something, and the very last thing he heard was a very faint blood-curdling scream just on the edge of his hearing than even worse. It stopped, then right next to his ear he heard a crunch and a slurp.

“Aah,” Vincent screamed he turned around with a dull throb starting to build up in his head and started running home, far away from this unholy place.

 

Vincent finally got back to his street he noticed the throb grew to pierce headache, When he got to the doorstep he collapsed from an intense bout of pain and his head hit the doorbell and his vision faded to black as he noticed the door creak open.

1