Chapter 4: Round 5
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Vincent sees the goblin champion he tries to think what he can do to increase his chances against a goblin champion, an archer, a goblin rogue, a goblin mage and a goblin guardian.

 

Luckily he knows that since their goblins they can't have too many abilities but since there are 5 more waves after this it would be good to know what kind of abilities they have. From what vincent can tell the rogue has an assassination type of skill and a stealth skill, the mage has firebolt and probably has a fireball, the guardian has some type of block skill and defending skills, also there are no discernable abilities shown from the archer but he knows the goblin has enchanted arrows. The goblin champion has full-plate armor and a greatsword, the reason why goblin champs are hard is that they are like heroes to goblins they are only under the noble class of goblins in difficulty.

 

Suddenly the goblin champ starts moving done waiting around for the fight to start as a firebolt comes to close for comfort. Vincent decides to leave the goblin champ for last because it is the hardest to take down but if there is an opportunity he will take it. As he moves closer to the goblins he notices a quality difference in the way the goblins are moving, they are covering each other almost perfectly, as he gets closer to the guardian an arrow comes flying to him if he goes after the champ the mage throws a spell next to an arrow. When he tries to get past the guardian the guardian moves in front of him to block his way towards the backline.

 

“What can I do to get past this stage the rogue will probably try to catch me off guard but what can I do, hmmm….” Vincent looks around noticing the torches again arrows on the sandy ground,” Wait a minute, that's what I can do, I can use the sand to blind the champion and reveal the rogue and use the arrows as a projectile weapon. As vincent now has a plan he decides to move toward the guardian and as he gets closer and an arrow whiz by, it would have hit the mark if Vincent didn't roll and grabbed a handful of sand and threw it in the eyes of the guardian temporarily blinding it.

 

As it is blinded he moves past it and rolls again towards the mage dodging an arrow and a stab at his back and as he gets closer he uses aura on his legs and using a sudden burst of speed gets close to the mage, picks him up and uses the mage as a meat shield taking an arrow. The mage is almost dead and throws toward the champion as he throws an arrow at the archer impaling the archer kicks up sand revealing a space where the rogue is and quickly kills it.

 

All that is left is the goblin champ and guardian. As Vincent dashes to the guardian he jumps high in the air and comes down with a mighty force and cushes the guardian to death, the champ is left in its shiny armor, he has to kill it now, he can't progress any further if he can't kill the champ and the more he does the better the reward. This is a great opportunity because the system has not started for everyone else yet and if he can get ahead…

 

Vincent looks at the situation dodging all the attacks from the champ, a dagger won't be able to pierce the armor but it may be able to cut the neck off if he can hit a weak link.

 

A plan slowly forms in Vincent's mind.

He rolls far away from the champ, confusing it slightly then rushes towards it.

 

As the human is coming closer the champ swings his sword managing to cut deep into the human's arm but the goblin’s vision suddenly goes 180 spinning around and the goblin falls to the ground, headless.

 

 

 

round 5 cleared

Mini reward: skills! 

 

Aura cleave:

Condense aura onto a blade and swing to unleash a slice of aura doing AOE damage

Aura coat:
Coat something in aura to enhance its base properties

Intimidate:

Infuse your body with magic or aura temporarily to increase how intimidating you are no other effect.

 

Round 6 will begin in 1 hour

VIncent plops on the ground and checks his arm for the deep cut he got earlier during the fight, as he runs his hand over it expecting to wince, he feels no pain, no open wound, nothing.

 

Vincent starts to laugh he got fully healed and it won't affect the next rounds.

 

I have few ideas on the plotline

(rounds)

everyone gets the system

dnd random encounters

please comment if you want any ideas I the story I listen to comments

also since irregular is winning what would you consider irregular, because I may choose something I see as irregular but it's not to you people

 

1