Prologue
35 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After logging in early in the morning, Edward followed his routine and logged into his mage account first. Sunday in Moonlight City was always bustling, with more players than usual flooding the streets. Even the expensive private storage warehouses were packed to the brim.

"Excuse me, could you help me retrieve..." Edward had finally squeezed his way to the front of the line, ready to ask the beautiful admin, Solan, for his mailed items.

Before he could finish his sentence, someone shoved him from behind.

"Do you not see the sign outside? This is a private warehouse, what's a low-level character like you doing here?" It was a level forty warrior who spoke, flanked by four or five players who appeared to be part of a small group.

The warrior continued, and his companions chimed in with their displeasure. "What's wrong with this low-level character? Why is he trying to squeeze in here?"

"Who knows? He probably thinks everyone here is rich and wants to beg for some money to buy potions and level up."

"If he wants money, why doesn't he go to the auction house? That's where all the wealthy players are. If he's lucky, someone might throw him a few gold coins, and he won't have to worry about his potion money anymore."

Edward simply glanced at the annoying group and patiently waited his turn to speak with Solan. "Could you please help me retrieve the items I mailed yesterday?"

"Of course, just give me a moment."

A group of onlookers saw various ore ingots being taken out of the private warehouse, including common mithril and thorium, as well as rare arcanite and enchanted elementium. The unique luster of magical metals shone brilliantly in the private warehouse, dazzling the eyes of all the players and silencing the previously lively atmosphere. The only sound was the swallowing of saliva.

Before everyone could even move their gaze away from the large quantity of ore ingots, the beautiful female administrator took out a pile of things from the warehouse. They were hundreds of black dragon hides that had been neatly stacked. The fine dragon scales reflected a stunning light under the gleam of magical metal. These were genuine black dragon hides, a perfect combination of magical and physical defense. Each piece of equipment made from them was at least legendary level. These hundreds of black dragon hides meant at least hundreds of pieces of legendary equipment!

And it didn't end there. Under the hundreds of black dragon hides were more than twenty pieces of already smelted God's Metal.

As soon as the more than twenty pieces of God's Metal appeared, the entire private warehouse was suddenly in an uproar.

"Look, that seems to be the legendary God's Metal!"

"What do you mean 'seems to be'? That's definitely God's Metal! Oh my god! More than twenty pieces of it! Did this little mage just rob a dragon?" This guy guessed half right. Edward did indeed just sweep through a dragon's lair, but he also killed the Destruction Dragon Azadath while doing so.

There were forging professionals among the players present, and they knew the value of God's Metal all too well.

The equipment forged with God's Metal might not have outstanding attributes at the beginning, but as the user's level gradually increased over time, the terrifying growth characteristics of God's Metal would slowly emerge. Many forging experts on the official forum had predicted that if a player started using equipment forged with God's Metal from level one, by the time they reached level seventy, that equipment would be at least epic level, if not a legendary artifact!

And this beast just took more than twenty pieces at once, doesn't he leave any chance for others?

The crowd watched as Edward swept the more than twenty pieces of God's Metal into his backpack, their eyes full of resentment and jealousy, as if they had just seen their wives entering a hotel with another man...

As Solan took out another scroll from the warehouse, the crowd's gaze towards him had become somewhat dull. Someone who could casually pull out two pieces of epic-level equipment, plus a beast with over a hundred pieces of dragon leather and over twenty pieces of divine metal, what couldn't they do?

But when the scroll was handed over to Edward, the crowd immediately collapsed.

"Wish magic! That's a wish magic scroll!" A player who recognized it called out as soon as the scroll passed his hand.

"How is that possible! Are you mistaken?"

"It's true, that's really a wish magic scroll!"

The appearance of this scroll caused the private warehouse, which had been quiet for a few minutes, to boil up again.

This couldn't be described as just being rich and powerful. A wish magic scroll meant that the owner could make a wish to the system main god, and as long as it was within the game rules, any wish could be fulfilled. This wish could be endless wealth, an extremely powerful equipment, or having the system main god help you kill a mythical-level creature. It could even be a piece of land with abundant resources, allowing you to establish your own kingdom on it.

At this point, the gaze of the crowd towards Edward had somewhat different meanings.

However, Edward didn't care about them at all. He put the wish magic scroll in his backpack with two fingers and flaunted his way out of the private warehouse.

Edward walked all the way to the trading district along the canal, but behind him, there were dozens of people with hidden intentions following him.

"Really followed..." Edward turned his head and couldn't help but smile. The killer didn't even care who was following. You'd better follow closely. When I'm done with my business, I'll come up to the Hunter's ship and have a good talk with you guys.

In fact, Edward's Hunter ship was parked inside the Mingyue City Auction House at this time. It was a super Hunter ship that held the mythical weapon Star Fury. The Mage was just a warehouse account. However, it was unclear whether it was because Edward was too lucky. The small Mage account that was only intended to be used as a warehouse account turned out to have excellent attributes of intelligence and spirit. As a result, Edward was always troubled. What should he do with such an excellent account?

Finally, he thought that he couldn't waste such an excellent account. So he let the small account practice various life professions. This guy was also a tough one. He only practiced when he did, but once he started, he would practice all of them. As long as he could learn a life skill, he never missed it. Now, even though it was just a level one small account, he had already advanced forging, alchemy, pharmacology, enchanting, and inscribing to high levels. Even a series of miscellaneous studies such as knowledge of medicine, minerals, cooking skills, and scroll-making had also been upgraded to high levels or above.

Walking slowly to the trade district, Edward stopped at the door of the blacksmith's shop.

Hundreds of pieces of Mithril were poured into the furnace. Edward stood by and waited for two minutes. He didn't care whether the Mithril had melted or not. He just picked up a piece and hammered it hard on the anvil. Dozens of players behind him saw sparks flying everywhere as the valuable Mithril was instantly hammered into a piece of scrap iron worth only a few gold coins.

For a high-level blacksmith, it was only natural to forge Mithril into scrap iron. But for Edward, it didn't make much difference whether it was turned into scrap or not. He didn't lack those few hundred gold coins or a few pieces of Mithril. In fact, he had his own private mines in many places such as the shimmering plains and Thousand Needles forest, but no one knew about it...

What did it matter if he hammered a few pieces of Mithril into scrap? As long as his skill points increased, that was all that mattered.

In the midst of the blacksmiths' horrified expressions, Edward continued to work. One piece after another, it took him nearly half an hour to completely scrap hundreds of pieces of Mithril. And his forging skill naturally progressed all the way up.

After Mithril came Thorium, after Thorium came Fel Iron, after Fel Iron came Adamantite...

When ore worth no less than a million gold coins was hammered into scrap iron, that pleasant system prompt finally came: "Congratulations, you have advanced to Grandmaster in forging!"

Rubbing his sore arms, Edward turned around and looked at the stunned crowd. He then put away his tools and turned to walk towards the direction of the pharmacy.

It was again worth millions of gold coins of herbs that were smashed down. Pharmacology also smoothly advanced to the Grandmaster level.

Then came alchemy...

Followed by enchanting...

The last thing was the inscriptions...

By the time Edward had upgraded all five of his skills to the master level, it was almost noon. A group of players who had followed him were watching him use up materials with amazement. At first, they felt sorry for him, but in the end, they became completely numb. The onlookers had even begun to speculate that he might be the son of a wealthy family who had come to the game to vent his frustration after being affected by something in reality.

Successfully upgrading all five skills to the master level, Edward finally stopped and took a breath. Just when everyone thought he was going to stop, Edward took out the Wish Magic Scroll from his backpack.

"What does this guy want to do?" The power of the Wish Magic Scroll was too terrifying. As soon as Edward took it out, several players behind him became as vigilant as facing a great enemy. After all, he didn't look like a normal person, and he had this abnormal thing, the Wish Magic Scroll in his hand. If he had a moment of desperation and made a wish to let the system main god launch a massacre or something, standing here would be courting death.

"You guys really overestimate yourselves..." Edward glanced at the several players who were facing him with great vigilance and thought to himself that he wouldn't use the Wish Magic Scroll to deal with them even if he was full. He didn't even consider them worthy of it.

As the Wish Magic Scroll was gently unfolded, a rainbow suddenly hung over the sky of Bright Moon City, and the colorful light scattered softly, making the entire Bright Moon City seem as if it was shrouded in a dream. In the solemn and sacred singing, a voice of majesty came, as if it was far away in the sky, but also as if it was right beside them.

"What is your wish?"

Edward looked at the rainbow in the sky and hesitated for a moment before taking a deep breath. "My wish is to improve all my life skills!"

At the moment the wish was made, the rainbow in the sky also turned into countless bright lights. It was as if the scattered light points were slowly falling from the sky, and Edward was wrapped in them like a seven-colored ribbon. Edward could clearly feel that with each breath he took, countless lights seemed to be merging into his body. When the last bit of light was completely absorbed, an endless amount of knowledge flooded his mind. There were forging, alchemy, potion-making, enchanting, inscription and even miscellaneous knowledge such as pharmacology and mineralogy. This knowledge was as if he had been born with it, and as soon as it came, it merged with his original memory. Edward could easily use it at will.

Edward checked his skill status and saw that his four major skills had reached the Grandmaster level, while his miscellaneous studies were mostly above the Master level. Thinking about the year he spent in Endless World, it was difficult to find even a single-element Master, let alone a five-element Grandmaster.

Life skills were not something that personal level could compare to. Personal level could accumulate enough experience to level up as long as there was enough time to kill monsters and complete quests. However, once a life skill reached a high level, it was truly difficult to advance further. Only characters like Edward, who were wealthy and extravagant, could think of using high-level materials to smash their skills. Just thinking about the five skills he spent nearly 5 million gold coins on today, who else could afford it other than Edward, who just cleared the Dragon's Cave?

Furthermore, the Master level was like a watershed. Once a skill reached the Master level, it was no longer a problem that could be solved with money. Even a thousand successful forgings might not increase your skill by a bit, while one failed forging could possibly make your skill soar. No one dared to say that they would definitely reach the Grandmaster level someday, even if they were just one step away from it.

Of course, compared to the Master level, the Grandmaster level was like night and day.

A Master level skill could only create legendary items, and it might not succeed once in a thousand attempts. However, a Grandmaster level skill could not only create legendary items at will, but also easily create epic items. Although there was still a certain chance of failure, it was incomparable to the Master level.

As for mythological items, that was already beyond the imagination of ordinary people. Anyone who could create artifacts, regardless of their profession, had only one title – Master Craftsman!

The Wish Scroll was a good thing. Using it to obtain a wealth of tens of millions of gold coins, or to kill a mythological-level creature, or even to establish one's own kingdom, was undoubtedly a good choice. However, Edward always felt that using it to become a full-time Grandmaster in all professions was the wisest choice.

Edward glanced at the fading rainbow in the sky, slowly collected the remaining materials for skill training into his backpack, and saw that the dozens of players who had been watching him had no intention of attacking him after witnessing the miracle. They looked at him in a daze as he collected the materials, but no one dared to make a move.

As a person who could easily take out countless high-quality materials and casually spend millions of gold coins by hammering and shaking a medicine bottle, how could they be provoked by anyone?

Edward collected all the materials into his backpack and was about to log out and switch to his hunter character to have a talk with the onlookers when suddenly a sharp alarm sounded.

"Unknown system malfunction, all online players please log out immediately!"

"Unknown system malfunction, all online players please log out immediately!"

"Unknown system malfunction, all online players please log out immediately!"

The alarm sounded three times in a row, and Edward was about to log out when he suddenly realized that his character was no longer under his control.

Before he could understand what was going on, the feeling of being out of control had already spread to his physical body in reality. It was like his soul and body were separated, he could see himself, but he couldn't feel his own existence. Everything around him seemed to have become soft and powerless, no matter how Edward struggled, he couldn't get rid of the despairing sense of powerlessness.

Gradually, Edward felt a strand of his consciousness floating up lightly. He could even see another version of himself lying softly on a chair. Startled, Edward raised his head suddenly, only to find a pitch-black darkness above him, a true darkness, without any impurities mixed in. Even a ray of light would be sucked into the endless darkness...

"Who's so despicable, actually hiding a black hole in my house!" In the last moment before his consciousness was swallowed up by the darkness, Edward's mind was filled with this question...

2