Chapter 7: The Investigation Begins
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He would look around, firstly, the bathroom. As he investigated, he would look inside and see that there was a scent of blood there. Even if it's clean, the scent of blood is no doubt here. With his heightened senses, he would also smell what seemed to be dried viscous juices of a male and female pheromone, sprayed along with the smell of blood. He felt sick. 

 

He sees rusty water after he opens the tap, knowing that this room hasn't been used before. He waits until clean water comes out, then washes his face. He felt sick to his stomach; he wanted to get out of there but to do that, he needed to investigate further. There's so much death and yet nothing is going on on the surface of this Mansion. Something is amiss.

 

He wanted to have someone clean the room, but he didn't want to. It might be a trap for him, so he has done what he can to clean the bathroom, cleaning off of the smell and filth, using the soap that's readily available in the bathroom to clean it and make it smell appropriate. 

 

He locked the doors of his room to prevent people from entering his temporary safe space. He closes the curtains, making the room a bit dimly lit. He sat down on the bed, meditating as he tapped on his power, looking to see if there were lost souls in this room. There are several, one in the bathroom and two in the room itself. 

 

He whispers, meditating as he communicates to the spirits in the room. He summons them, having three orbs come forth and light up as a ball of blue fire. He opened his eyes, sighed, and asked them. "How did you all die?". 

 

The spirit in the bathroom glowed first, having a woman's voice, and said. "I died while one of the men of the household strangled me until my breath was gone while giving my body pleasure.". Then the spirit sounded as she sobbed "No! They took turns! I was being treated as a toy! They choked me to death as they played with my body! It was even my first time. I was but a pure maiden before they took me!" She sobbed for a few moments before continuing her story. "I only came to when I am on the verge of death. I...I tried to struggle, but my body is weak. I was aware of every vile thing they've done to me and yet, I can't defy them!".

 

Shin nodded, careful that he wouldn't anger the spirits. He asks the second ball of fire. "What about you? How did you die?". The second ball of fire has a man's voice. "I died while I was strangled to death as well. I was murdered while I watched my beautiful wife getting violated by the three men of the Litchensteins. I won't forgive them!". 

 

The third ball of fire is sobbing, having the voice of a woman. "It's true! They killed me while being choked as my husband watched and couldn't do anything! I love my husband, but those monsters need to die!". Shin assumes that is the second ball of fire's wife. Truly, these poor souls faced such hardships. He needs to investigate more to have more pieces of evidence to justify what he plans to do. 

 

He smiles, touching the balls of fire, glowing brightly as the winds blow in the room. The three spirits see not a man, but something else entirely. The three felt silent as if they were looking in reverence. Shin smiled and said to them. "I will bring the vengeance that you seek. All of your doubts, fears, and worries are gone. You're free now. Rest. ". The three balls of fire turned to ash and the wind brought the ashes out, revealing the spirits of the dead. They clasp their hands and slowly float away, disappearing in the ether, claimed by the light. 

 

He sighed, closing the veranda doors and locked it, then used the bed and rested in his quarters, wanting to do his investigations after he woke up. After he rested for a good few hours, he woke up, glad that no one had attacked him yet. It's also a good thing that the Lichtensteins haven't called him yet to do his bodyguard duties. Now that he's awake, his investigation begins.

 

He investigates on his own. He looks left and right, moving silently as if a burglar in the night. He knows how to disappear even in broad daylight, hiding in the shadows as one trained in espionage could. It's also a good thing that the people here mind their own business and he doesn't want the Lichtensteins to see him moving about. He also doesn't want the guards to see him either, using his shinobi techniques to move around the Manor, taking mental notes of where the exits are, memorizing them until he knows the property inside and out.

 

He notices that there are stenches of death everywhere, as well as the servants and some individuals here in this place. Truly this place has something odd, or in this case, evil around here. Shin has done his work as a bodyguard, reporting to Thomas at the end of the day. Shin is showing him that his "loyalty" is to him, giving Thomas satisfactory work. Even though Thomas isn't amused, he is impressed that Shin is doing his work well, making the Lichtenstein Family believe that he's faithful to them.

 

There's only one thing that he can't point out or investigate. Why is he feeling something familiar around the Manor and why he can't see the source every time he goes near it, he thought. Whenever he feels that familiar feeling, it runs away and hides very well. Even he can't detect it anymore once the feeling is gone. That was keeping him frustrated during his investigation.

 

For four days, he investigated the surface of the family's facade. Now, he is diving deeper into this house of death. 

1