Counselor / Famous Last Words
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Myra knocked on a door located near some of the administrative offices of the school. The signage for the office behind it was labeled “School Counselor” - though the person in question was named Miss Werther.

“Come in,” said a female voice from inside,

Myra took the offer and opened the door to enter. Inside, she saw a woman in her mid-twenties, with light hair cut to the shoulders. She sat by a desk kept clean with only her work computer and some writing implements were on it.

“You’re Miss Werther, right?” Myra asked.

“Yes, indeed,” Miss Werther said.

Myra took the other seat available in the office. Settling herself in, she introduced herself.

“Hi, my name’s Myra, Mr. McKenzie recommended I come and meet you,”

Miss Werther turned her chair to directly face Myra.

“Mr. McKenzie? Is he your homeroom teacher?” Miss Werther asked.

“Yes.”

Miss Werther paused for a moment. She had a decent idea of why Myra was here - but she was going to let Myra introduce her issue anyway.

“So, what’s going on, Myra?” said Miss Werther.

Myra sighed before beginning to talk.

“Well, Johnny an asshole, for starters,” she bemoaned.

Miss Werther stiffened in her chair slightly.

“That… well, what did he do?” Miss Werther asked.

“For starters, he's been trying to win me over or something, even though I’ve told him ‘no’. He even went after Mike in his attempts to get at me,” Myra explained.

“And what have you been doing in regards to this?”

“Besides telling him to leave me alone?”

“Yes, besides that.”

Repeatedly telling him to leave me alone.”

Miss Werther paused to take in what Myra was saying. Miss Werther’s hunch had proven correct - Myra was here to discuss the subject of Johnny.

“Well, Myra, what I can tell you is that if he escalates it further, you can bring it to me, or someone else on the staff, and we can sort something out. In the meantime, if you want a space to decompress about this, you can come here,” Miss Werther explained.

Myra looked at Miss Werther, giving her a somewhat displeased frown. After a moment, her frown disappeared as she began to speak again.

“Okay. The other reason I’m here is I’m concerned about one of the other students,” Myra said.

Miss Werther looked at Myra. Who else could Myra be concerned about, she thought.

“Her name is Ashley, not sure what her last name is. Blonde hair. Do you know her?”

“Yes, I know of her,” Miss Werther said.

She’s around Johnny a lot, from what I’ve heard, Miss Werther thought.

“There’s just… something off about her. Just… something doesn’t seem okay with her, and I just want to make sure someone checks she’s okay. I’m worried if there’s some kind of abuse going on,” Myra said.

“Do you have any evidence? Did you see anything?” Miss Werther asked.

“Nothing solid… just, some odd responses when I talked to her at the football game last weekend. I guess it’s just a hunch, you could call it.”

Miss Werther leaned back in her chair.

“Well, that’s not a lot… but I’ll pass the message along,” she said.

 

Later in the day after Myra had left her office to resume the rest of her classes, Miss Werther stopped by Ashley’s homeroom teacher.

“Excuse me, do you have a moment?” she asked.

“Hm? Oh, Miss Werther, yes, what’s up?” he said.

“I had someone come in earlier with a concern about Ashley, could you look into it for me?”

“Ashley…? Oh, yes, yeah I can do that for you,”

“Thank you,”

Miss Werther made her way back to her office. Once inside, she spoke to herself.

“I hope it’s nothing…” she muttered.

 

That evening, Myra stopped by Mike’s place again.

“Hey, so I stopped by the counselor's office,” she said.

“Really? Why?” Mike asked.

“Well, I was curious,”

“Of course that’s the reason,”

“Anyway, are you going to pick a costume idea out? I have to send something to Elly and company,” Myra said.

“I… uh… I don’t know,” Mike said.

“No ideas? Really? No superhero something, nothing?”

“I mean… okay, I don’t know what I would want to go as… you can pick, I guess,”

Myra looked at Mike, with an excited grin on her face.

“You’re letting me pick?” she said.

“Yep,” Mike answered.

Myra picked up her smartphone and started messaging Elly the plan.

0