Darkest Before Dawn
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I’m home, Mom,”

Lyn walked through the Perkins’ front door. She started unpacking by setting her bag down by the front door.

“Good evening, Lyn. How was your day?” Mrs. Perkins asked.

Mine was fine. Mike’s was… not great, once again,” Lyn explained.

Lyn took off her winter coat and her shoes before moving around the house. She also undid the magic to conceal her tail, as it suddenly appeared into existence.

“If, uh, you were going to ask about it,” Lyn added.

“I was, thanks,”

A set of soft thuds reverberated around the house as Mr. Perkins came downstairs.

“Hey, you’re home!” he said.

“Hi, dad,”

“How was your day?”

“Mom just asked that, dad,” Lyn snarked.

Her father strolled into the dining room to take a seat, and her mother followed him. Lyn, meanwhile, walked forward to the stairs her father just came down.

“I’m gonna change into something comfier, I’ll be down in a minute,” Lyn said.

 

A few minutes later, Lyn came down to sit at the dining room table. She had put on a loose shirt and pajama-esque shorts. However, it was not her outfit that was drawing a glare from her parents.

“Dear, I think I’m going to start dinner. This sounds like your area of expertise,” Mr. Perkins said.

He stood up from his chair, patted his wife on the back, and wanded to the kitchen to make dinner.

“Hmm… yes,” Mrs. Perkins said.

She watched him go, before turning her attention back to her daughter.

“Any reason why you’ve decided to make your breasts bigger?” she asked.

Lyn flushed slightly at her mother’s blunt assessment.

“Myra, when she showed me how to conceal my tail, …I was thinking back to that, and wondered what else it could do,”

Lyn held her hands to her chest to accent what she changed.

“I was just curious…”

Her voice was nervous. She wasn’t sure if her magic would have worked - or if her mother would punish her for it.

“Well, as long as you know I’ll have you change it back later, that’s fine,” Mrs. Perkins said.

Lyn breathed a sigh of relief.

“That’s fine… besides, it kind of … hurts a little,” Lyn added.

“Hahaha!” her mother chuckled.

Composing herself, she added:

“I suppose there isn’t a bra underneath there, anyway.”

Mr. Perkins poked his head out of the kitchen to check in on his wife and daughter.

“Hey, do you mind if I make breakfast for dinner?” he asked.

“That sounds great,” Lyn said.

“That’d be nice,” Mrs. Perkins said.

Suddenly, Mrs. Perkins' smartphone rang. She pulled it out of her pocket to look at who was calling.

“Sorry, uh, Myra’s calling. Give me a moment,” she said.

She wandered over to the living room to take the call. Meanwhile, Lyn stood up to see what her father was going to cook.

“Do you mind if I help?” she asked.

“No, I’d like that. Do we want pancakes?” Mr. Perkins said.

“Do we have pancake mix?”

Lyn looked in the cupboard for the pancake mix. She reached up to pull it out.

“We have half a box, that should be fine,” she said.

“Oh, good. We have eggs, too,”

Suddenly, Lyn felt a chill. Mr. Perkins noticed Lyn tense up.

“What’s up?” he asked.

“Uhmm…” Lyn sounded.

Mrs. Perkins suddenly came into the kitchen, looking for her car keys. Her face was notable paler than it was a minute ago.

“What’s up, dear?” Mr. Perkins asked.

“That was Myra,”

“What happened?” Lyn asked.

“Mike’s dad got in a car accident.”

“What?!”

“I don’t know. Myra just called, saying the police had stopped by Mike’s apartment with the news. I’m going to head over to make sure everything’s okay,”

0