Chapter Two
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You're the new girl in our class, My name's Nicole, hope you have a good time around this year. I hope we work well with each other." One of the girls said as I sat at the very back of the class. She seemed lively enough and that wasn't bad for a start. The second year, in a new school, a new environment, no more carrying around baggage. My eyes roved around the room and landed on a boy by the window at the front of the class. He was swinging on the chair he was sitting on, reading some material that didn't have him notice my arrival.

"So what is your name?" A girl sitting next to me asked.

"Lavi, not a very common name I know," I said and I was bombarded with more questions which I didn't mind answering.

The school was big and lively, except for the lessons. I tended to go into a very sour mood during lessons, for reasons I didn't quite understand. The teachers looked like a whole burden and their words weighed on me. Unlike how I behaved in my old school, I rarely answered questions or opened my mouth to say anything other than introductions.

History was the next subject, and to know we were only going to be learning majorly on American history, I frowned deeper. It was history it should be expansive, but they confine knowledge like we were in some kind of cage. For the time being, I didn't have a sitting partner and took out my books, but a long pair of legs came right next to me and fastened themselves on the seat beside me. I didn't want to look up because the teacher had just walked in. Thirty minutes of pure torture, hearing the same old names everyone knew. The guy next to me leaned in and whispered something into my ear.

"We hear the same old crap every year. I'm sure it was the same for you?" He asked and I immediately got what he was talking about.

"If you say so," I said and he had a smirk on his face. Then he took out his notebook and scribbled down something before sliding it to my side. I cleared my throat and crumbled the paper up. " I hope you're not implying what I think you're implying."

He tipped his head to the backdoor of the class and smiled. "I am. Let's go learn some actual history."

I wanted to protest, but I was suffocating in class, it seemed like a fair idea. He got up to leave first giving the impression like he was heading for the restroom and several seconds later I did the same. I got out the door and found him leaning on the wall outside the classroom.

"Let's go." He said and we walked off to the librarial building on the other side of school. I hadn't been there yet, but I wasn't sitting in class for hours on end. This really wasn't the source of my problems, my mistake was getting close to people who I may hurt in the future.

0