Prologue
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Here's that new novel thing i was talking about. A little bit of experimentation to see if writing two different stories helps with Writing Juice exhaustion. Hopefully it does.


In March 26th 2081, A corporation employee spills the truth about an experiment involving human beings. A Few days later, That same employee had died mysteriously. and at the same time, A violent raid was conducted by the government on a secret lab that left 16 people dead, and an unspecified amount of subjects rescued.

Every news outlet has been reporting on this story up until the end, but everybody still had questions. it was natural, considering they never revealed who the lab rats were, nor did they ever tell the world how many lab rats they got. But either way, everyone was surprised that the government even did anything for those test subjects. and now they're wondering what they're going to do with them.

One man happens to be the person who will find out what happens to them.

Sitting in a dimly lit room is a disheveled man with a slight masculine build. He's got a disheveled look in general, with short, messy black hair, scruff on his face, and some eye bags. His name is Katsuro Ryosuke, and He used to be a big shot back in his 20s. That is... until something happened.

But that doesn't matter now. atleast, The surprise visitor thinks it doesn't. Speaking of which, they're knocking on the door right now

"Right, Right, I'm coming." Once the man opens the door to see who it was, it turns out that it's a government agent, with a teen bound to a wheelchair behind her. The government agent smiles as Katsuro's expression sours. "Listen. I already paid my taxes. No need to remind me tha--"

Katsuro is then interrupted with the government agent chuckling. "Congratulations on paying your taxes, Katsuro-san. but unfortunately, that's not what i'm here for." The government agent continues, her smile prevalent during her talking. "Tell me. Have you ever watched the news lately? I'm sure you've heard of our little justice dispension with Seffryn Corp's little lab."

"I can't go out on the streets without hearing about it. You telling me that you're finally gonna start trying to fix this country's biggest problem now?" Katsuro asked, Eyeing the agent with some suspicion.

"That will be determined by what the president will say." The agent deflects. "But, that will be a matter for another day. On another note, Congratulations for the second time. It seems you've been chosen to be the caretaker of one test subjects that we've rescued."

Before Katsuro can even ask anything, The agent gives him a folder containing a few files, before continuing on speaking. "You will be given the necessary legal documents, and among other things to become his guardian. Furthermore, We require that you enroll him to A High school on April 4th 2081, and should he come into contact with any imminent danger, we expect you to take care of the problem yourself. Am i clear?"

This was alot. Katsuro couldn't keep up with what's happening. "H-Hey, Hold on! Why the hell did the government choose me of all people to take care of some kid? And why do i have to take care of shit myself?"

The government agent answers simply. "You were chosen. And we know of your former occupation before you became unemployed." The agent walks behind the wheelchaired boy, before pushing his chair and presenting the boy to Katsuro. "Simply take care of the things that are provided to you, and you will be left alone. It's a very simple request, too. One that you shouldn't have much problem with."

"Furthermore, We will overlook any of your actions if it involves getting this boy out of danger. We will also reduce your taxes in order for you to be able to support the boy as well." She flashes another smile as she described the benefits. "We'll also overlook your previous crimes, and unpaid taxes. Isn't that great?"

The man looks at the boy, before looking back at the government agent. On one hand, this seemed like what the government agent said. A very simple request with no caveat. But on the other hand, the boy has the ability to manipulate things with his minds and many more, as he found out from a quick glance on one of the files from the folder.

He knows how powerful a single government agent can be, and yet he knows that if he accepts this, who knows what'll happen once the wheelchaired boy gets a bit frustrated? He certainly does not want to find out.

And so, with a heavy sigh, He nods his head. "Fine. I'll take care of the boy for you. On the one condition that you won't spy on me once you do."

The government agent's smile simply grows wider. "Oh, you won't have to worry about that~ We are very grateful for accepting this request. I knew you would."

And with that, the deal is done. "Now then, if you'll excuse me." She gives him a little bow before walking away, leaving the boy and Katsuro to their own devices.

Once she was gone, Katsuro looked at the boy one more time while getting him in. Once he got comfortable [and finally accepted the fact that he was going to take care of a kid, which didn't take long], One question permeated in his mind.

"Now then... what the hell am i going to do with you?"
[Prologue END]


Tags are hard

1