Bonus Prequel: A Test of Control
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Darkness. Silk pressed against my face; a thick obi wrapped around my head, tied tight. I tried to control my breathing, ignoring the panic clawing at my chest. Listen. All I could hear was my heavy breaths.

The warm air stirred, the slightest movement tickled the hairs on my bare arms. I stepped forward; once, twice. Socks muted my footsteps on the tatami mats. I held my noisy breath. Another eddy of air, this time behind me.
A tantou weighed heavy in my hand, the short blade was my only protection. I held it tighter at my side and fought the desperation to hold it out in front of me. I had to stay calm.

“Do you think you are going to win?” came a breathy whisper in my left ear. Flinching, I stumbled away. “I’ve seen newborn deer more graceful than you.”

I growled in response and steadied myself. I can do better than this.

In my mind I could see the layout of the room; it was long and thin, and in the corner lay a folded up futon. There wasn’t much space to escape.

Breathing. Not mine. I raised the tantou, my arm crossing over my chest. Just in time. Another struck true, but my grip was strong; I would not drop my weapon.

“Better.”

Again I sensed a strike. As I turned to block, a foot slipped between mine, tripping me. Down and down I fell, tantou smacking the tatami and rolling away. I landed awkwardly and tried to grab for it. Too late. On my hands and knees, I was defenceless.

Laughter, and a blade to my throat. A hand pushed my shoulder back until I knelt. How did I miss that? The tip of the tantou lifted my chin high.

“And just like that, you are mine.”

I let out a heavy sigh. I’d failed again.

Eventually the tantou moved from my chin and warm hands pulled the obi free. Bright light spilled back into my eyes and I winced. After a moment, my vision adjusted and I could see my captor; a tall man with fox-like eyes, and a smile to match. Unlike me in my semi state of undress, his grey kimono lay on him perfectly, nothing out of place. Mine pooled around my waist, and as I grabbed it, his hand took hold of my wrist.

“Not yet.”

“But I—”

“You’re dead. If you want to move, then you need to start winning.” His smile widened. “Although I like it like this.”

“Of course you do, Shinnosuke,” I said, rolling my eyes. “You always like being in control.”

“I need to take my opportunities when they arise.” Shinnosuke’s hands cupped my jaw and his thumbs followed the contours of my cheeks. “You don’t think I get you to practice half-naked just for learning, surely?”

I snorted. “Of course not, though I am surprised you don’t insist on wearing less.”

“I wouldn’t want you getting cold.” He leant down until his face neared mine. “But I can think of ways to warm you up.”

Grabbing fistfuls of his kimono, I pulled him into a kiss, hard and deep. His lips returned the kiss greedily, hungry for more. Instead, I broke away and leant back. Shinnosuke dropped to his knees and chased for another kiss.

“You tease,” he hissed. “Remember who you belong to.”

“We should continue practising. I shouldn’t have—”

“Hotaka, you always say that.” Shinnosuke placed a hand on my chest. “You’re impulsive, impatient, and quite frankly, an idiot. How many times have I told you to watch your feet. Sometimes I think you like the punishment.”

Fingertips danced on my bare skin, swirling patterns and travelling invisible paths. Slowly they made their way lower, following the shapes of muscles and running over my loosely tied obi.

“I’m trying,” I said, trying not to be distracted by his wandering hand. “I want to be strong enough to serve, like you.”

“You will be, once I am done with you—”

“—you’ll never be done with me.”

Smiling, Shinnosuke leant forwards and pressed a kiss to my chest. “Never.”

Deft fingers untied the last of my obi and spread my kimono open, pooling around my thighs. I knew I should stop him, but I couldn’t help myself. Again, I was at his mercy, laying back, bared to the room. How many times was this now? Pleasure bloomed as his fingers continued their conquest; hips, thighs, each touch teasing where I wanted—needed—him most. He knew how wild it made me, how much I’d beg for him to just—

Smiling again, he leant down and slid me deep into his mouth; I shivered watching his lips continue down and down. My hands grabbed his head, fingers threading through his short hair and holding tight. I wasn’t the only one who couldn’t help himself.

Over and over he bobbed, until I grew harder and needier. I bucked my hips against him, pleasure rising like flames in my chest, but still I needed more. Growling, I pulled him up to kiss him, lips crashing together hungrily. Still not enough.

“Down,” I commanded, pushing him backwards.

Shinnosuke lay on his back, watching me with lust-filled eyes. I straddled his chest, pinning his arms with my legs. This time he was powerless to stop me. Grabbing his chin, I opened his mouth and slid myself back into him.

“That’s better,” I said, voice crackled and husky. “Take me.”

He did as I commanded again, taking every last inch. I tried desperately to hold myself back from reaching the peak of ecstasy. I needed this to last longer. It was usually me who submitted to his will, but now…

“Shinnosuke-san!”

My head snapped to the door in angry disbelief. What? No!

“Urgent message!”

It can wait I’m so—

Shinnosuke stopped moving and withdrew me. I climbed off him quick, panting, beyond frustrated. Shinnosuke sat up and cleared his throat. “What is it?”

The door slid open and a messenger bowed, head touching the tatami. “The Takeda clan are attacking.”


Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed please comment! I'd love to hear from you. Please check my profile for more information about my stories.

1