Chapter 16
61 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch 16: Matter Manipulation (1)

Time flies quick. Damien did not waste a second of his time and grabbed a stone in his hand and fired a shot from miles away into the target. There was no doubt in my mind that he was the fastest of all the students as he beat the rest of them by a long shot.

Ceious smirked at Damier's actions despite his effort and dignity, even though the task was very simple for him to accomplish. 'In spite of this, he still lacks control over mana, and he also depends heavily on his strength.' Ceious sighed deeply.

Damier scoffed as he marched back to join the crowd whose eyes followed him.

On the other hand, Seyric's eyes were fixed on Damier's face as he marched towards him. His eyes glared at him. "What?"

Seyric shook his head as Damier passed by and headed in the back.

A smile spread across Naivet's face as she nudged her shoulder against Seyric's.

"Good luck in the next round, do your best." She whispered.

Seyric smiled and nodded. "Yes… I will."

The second round has begun. The goal is for each person to shoot two targets at the same time this time. Which most of kids took time to go round slowly.

Naivet and Damier were the first to turn at this round.

Naivet held her palms as she extended both of her hands and stones levitated toward her way. She gestured her hands in speed as the stone pierced through the cloth at the a matter of seconds.

Suddenly, Damier's first grade wind spirit appeared behind him in the form of an adult.

With her deeply-green moss eyes visible from her lids, her long curly green hairs flutter in the wind. She was draped in green clothes with vines and leaves around her body.

She opened her arms as the stone was crushed into pieces mid-air. With remarkable speed, it swooped, torn in many sections of the cloth as the figure on Damier's back vanished and turned into her small form.

All of the audience was blown away, Ceious included. He wiped the drool from his lips and his eyes glowed towards Damier.

'I can't believe it! Such Grade of Spirit are high and hard to obtain! Headmaster, you really spoiled your kid!' Ceious shook his head as his heart raced in excitement.

"Well done to both of you!"

Naivet looked at Ceious with a smile as she leaned towards Damier and grabbed his arms. "Let's go."

The crowd cheered and clapped in chorus. Both of them marched along with the crowd. Naivet surveyed her eyes as she waved towards Seyric's way.

He also waved back at her as his name was called up front. He stormed out of the crowd and joined the other members. He giggled as he held the stone in his hands with a smug smirk.

"You won't even match me, why do you have to fight it off?" The student laughed.

Seyric's chest clenched. A warm sensation spread throughout the whole of his body as his heart throbbed loudly from his chest. "This is not a competition..." He blurted.

"Huh, hell I care."

As Ceious announced their name as they took positions, Seyric took his stones, breathed deeply, and shut his eyes. He broke into a cold sweat.

The student tossed his stone as it barely glided through the air and reached half the target distance.

On the other hand, he stood still as he sighed and relaxed his body tension. His heart began to calm down as he could feel the relaxation clung in his limbs as he stretched his hands.

Finally, the wind swept through the forest as he opened his eyes and focused his mana force on the rock. He glided straight through mid-air as the rock hit the target corner.

The student groaned as he noticed what his done but the next threw he done, the rock bounce through the air and finally hit the target as he smirked wide from success.

Finally, Seyric's throw pierced the middle of the target as he surveyed his surroundings waiting from the right timing of the wind to strike.

"Go, go, go."

The class cheered in chorus to his opponent, who aimed his stone at the target as he glanced Seyric's way. "Huh, too bad. I will win this round."

The kid finally threw his rock as it bounced mid-air, finally the last gust of wind struck Seyric's skin, he did not waste a moment and threw his stone in the same pace. This time around, the wind was strong and fresh and it glided at a high speed.

It outran the kid's rock as he stuck to his target at first.

The child silently clapped his hands and others joined her. Seyric huffed a sigh as he wiped the cold sweat that ran down his face, as he gasped deeply to catch his breath.

But no one came to noticed.

As the next round folded for the kids, Seyric walked under the strong sun and leaned against a tree. His breath had not become rhythmic as he gasped for breaths.

As Naivet bolted towards him, she leaned against the tree.

"You're good for someone your age." She smiled as she gazed over the tree branch.

Seyric could only nod his head in response.

Naivet sighed, "I hope I could be like you at my age." Moments later her eyes landed towards the nest of birds as her lips lifted into a wide smile. "Look that way, Seyric. There is a nest!"

Seyric did not look, instead he turned his head towards Ceious as he called out his name.

"Come, Seyric." Ceious said as he gestured his hands.

Naivet glanced at Seyric. "Go ahead, Sir. Ceious is calling for you."

Seyric placed his hands on his knees as he tried to balance himself as he stumbled. Until he finally took a step, although his world wobbled in front of him. He gasped for more air as the vision blurred from his eyes, only to find himself swallowed by the darkness.

Updates will be posted every 2 days.

2