Ch 6. What am I?
164 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
cw

Spoiler

There's some stuff in this chapter, her father being transphobic and emotionally abusive, self doubt and hate, and a small scene in the tub of non graphic exploration which is spoilered.

[collapse]

 

 

     “My poor baby girl, how are you feeling?” Emiko asked her daughter. 

     “I’m ok mom, my stomach hurts a little still,” I replied, I wore my new skirt to show to mom. 

     “Thank you for helping my daughter, Eiko. The doctor told us to prepare but I didn’t expect her to start this soon.”  

     “I know how scary a girl's first time can be,” Eiko said with her daughter at her side. 

     “Well, we should be going now, I have to make another stop on the way home,” Emiko said giving Eiko a slight bow 

     “Thanks Yuna, I had fun,” I said then followed mom to the elevator. 

     “I’m glad you had fun sweetie. That skirt looks really pretty on you.” 

     “Thanks mom, a lot happened, but I really did have fun.” 

     “Eiko told me, you haven't had a nightmare in a while so I was worried. You have one on, right?” 

     “Mhmm, I do. But it still feels weird.” 

     “You’ll get used to it. We’ll stop off by the store and buy you some. How are you feeling?”  

     “Well, I’m a little sore, and still kind of tired. My stomach hurts but not as bad as last night Ms. Takada gave me some medicine. It helps a little,” I walked beside mom in silence for a bit before asking. “You said we have to make another stop?” 

     “Yes, we were going to stop at the grocery store on the way home but now we need to go get something sweet.” 

     “Yay!” I said cheerily with a big smile. Blushing slightly as mom smiled at me. 

     “So cute.”  

     “Mooom...” I said, blushing more and hiding my face.  

     “What? It’s true, you are a very cute girl.” 

     I’m still not sure I'm allowed to be. I smacked my face but mom didn’t notice.

     “I’m excited for sweets,” I said, grabbing her mom's arm. “Let’s go,” I said excitedly. 

     “Girls really are energetic,” she said to herself. “Don’t walk so fast you're tugging me.”

     We walked to a nearby sweet shop, mom asked me more about my weekend which I happily told her. The whole time she had a smile on her face

     “Go ahead and order what you want,” mom told me. She watched me as I browsed the menu. I was happy here with mom, I don't really remember the last time she and I just went out. I asked her about getting something but she didn’t hear me. So I looked up directly at her and said. 

     “Mom?” 

     “Yes?” 

     “Did you hear what I said? 

     “No, I’m sorry. I was distracted by how beautiful and happy you’ve become,” she said with a smile. 

     Those words caused me to stiffen, my smile faltering for a second. I don’t have any right to be this happy. “Mom, my stomach is hurting again.”  

     “Let’s get something to go then, ” mom said. We went to the counter and ordered. Eating our sweets as we walked to the store.  

 

***** 

 

     “We’re home,” mom said as we got home.

     “Mommy's back!” Hinata said as he came running and hugged her leg. “Yay it’s onee-chan,” he said as he hugged me. 

     “Hi Hina-chan.” I said, picking up My little brother. “Were you a good boy for Mommy while I was gone?” 

     “Mhmm, I ate all my food.” He smiled. 

     “That’s good,” I said, smiling warmly. I heard a camera click and looked up, mom was standing there with her phone out.

     “Sorry... you both were so cute.” She said with a smile. 

     “Yea it was adorable,” Kaito said from the end of the hallway. 

     I blushed then set Hinata down. “Hey Kaito.” 

     “Have fun?” 

     “I'll tell you about it later.” 

     “I’ll hold you to that,” he said with a smile that made Me blush again. “Anyway I have to go now, i’ll see you tomorrow.” He grabbed his bag, mom thanked him as he left.

     I grabbed the bag I was carrying and went into the bathroom. I put away my new toiletries. When I returned to the living room Hinata was running around playing. Mom was in the kitchen making food. 

     “Where's dad?” I asked but I kinda already knew the answer. 

     “He’s at work, again,” mom said in an odd tone. “He’ll be back home later.” 

     “Ok.... I’m gonna do my homework.”

     “I'll bring your food to you when it's done.” 

     I went to my room and turned on the light. I don't like being here anymore, it's a reminder of what my dad wanted from me. This room was filled with painful memories. All the stuff dad bought to make me more manly… There was the posters of athletes and action movies. The bookshelf of shounen manga. And the sports equipment from the times dad tried to make me like every other boy. Will he ever love me again? 

     I curled up on my bed and clutched my stomach. Crying into my pillow until mom came in.

     “Stomach hurts still?” she asked, laying the plate of food on my desk, red bean paste and rice. “You should eat then take a bath. It'll help with that.” 

     I moved over to my desk and said, “Thank you.”  

     “Of course. I hope you feel better,” she said, closing the door behind her.  

     I ate as much as I was able before taking my play back to the kitchen. Going back to my room I got some things to change into before heading into the bathroom. As I passed the mirror my now familiar form was reflected back at me. Something was different about me, it took me a moment to figure out what. My breasts had started growing. I was equal parts happy, and terrified. I ran my fingers around my changing body. I had to tell myself that this was a girl's body. However it still felt unreal to me.

     As the tub filled I began to wash my hair, shampoing all the dirt out then applying conditioner to make it soft again.

Spoiler

I lathered up my pouf and began to clean myself. Which stirred feelings in me. Embarrassing ones that made me feel weird. After I finished cleaning myself which left me feeling awkward, especially when I cleaned my girl parts. When I slid in the tub I ended up continuing what I accidentally started, I ended up finishing with a girly sound. I felt weird.

[collapse]

     “Asuka are you ok?” mom asked. 

     “Yes mom, just a little warm.”

     “Don’t stay in there for too long.” 

     “I won't.”

     I got out of the tub still blushing, pulling the drain plug. My legs felt weak and unsteady as I got dressed. Why did I do that? How could I be such a freak? It felt so good though what's wrong with me!? I avoided the mirror. I couldn't bring myself to look at it. After getting dressed I started to go to my room. 

     “Enjoy your bath?” mom asked. 

     “I did,” I said nervously, does she know?. “I’m going to do my homework now.” I hurried into my room and closed the door behind me. I leaned against it, letting out a sigh as I went over to my desk and started working.

 

***** 

 

     “Sweetie, it's dinner time,” mom said, knocking on the door. 

     I woke up and wiped my mouth.  “Coming mom,” I said with a big yawn. standing up i stretched, my body was a little sore from sleeping in my chair. I only managed to finish half my homework.

     “I set your plate on the table already.” 

     “Dad’s not home yet?” I asked. Mom shook her head. “Mom, can I ask something?” 

     “What is it sweetie?”  

     “Do you think dad would be mad if I took down the things he bought me?”  

     “I don’t think he would, why?” 

     “Well I don’t really like that stuff,” I said, leaving the last part unsaid. He only bought that stuff to make me more manly. 

     “Well if you want I can talk to him,” She said reassuringly 

     “Please, it feels like He’s been avoiding me...” 

     A silence fell between us as we ate. When i finished i returned my plat to the sink and went back to my room

     “Don’t stay up too late,” mom said as I stood up. 

     I sat back down at my desk and started trying to finish it. What's wrong with me? I never used to have this much trouble focusing... I slapped her cheeks then got back to work. 

 

***** 

 

     I looked around, I was standing in a hospital room, which was vaguely familiar. I couldn't remember where I had seen it though.  Most of the lights were off, but I was able to make out someone lying in the bed. I started to make my way over to them when I was distracted by a voice from behind a curtain. I followed the sound with my eyes and saw the hazy outlines of three people.

     “He seems to be in a state of shock, so far we haven't been able to get a word out of him. We’ve started leaving the lights off because he just stares at the ceiling unblinkingly. I'd like to recommend psychotherapy,” said the female doctor. “We have also observed that he gets extremely uncomfortable whenever a man tries to approach him. I understand that he was discovered stripped at a nearby park?” 

     “Yes, we received a call from the police,” Emiko said, sobbing. “A passerby saw some boys assaulting him but they have no witnesses so the ones responsible haven't been found. Is our son going to get better?” 

     “For now the best course of action would be therapy,” the doctor said. 

     “Thank you doctor,” she said with a bow. The other figure bowed as well.  

     Mom came and sat by his hospital bed and stroked his hair. “My poor baby.” She said sitting at his side crying...  

     I watched her mother and placed my hand on her mother's back. I'm sorry mom. I promise I'll be better for you. I said with a voice that made no sound.  

 

***** 

 

     The sound of the front door woke me up. I went to open my door and welcome dad when I heard mom start talking. I cracked my door and watched them.

     “Drunk again?” 

     “I’m an adult I can drink if I want,” dad replied, slurring his words. 

     “You are avoiding our daughter. She thinks you hate her. I told you not to take it out on her,” she sighed. 

     “I don’t have a daughter. I have two sons.” 

     “Your DAUGHTER wants to get rid of all the stuff you bought her.” 

     “He can do whatever he wants. I don't care anymore. It's his fault he turned into that. If he just was more of a man then...” I heard a smack as dads words were cut off. 

     “Sleep on the couch tonight,” mom said angrily, slamming the door to her room. 

     Dad stood in the entryway for a second. I carefully closed my door and slipped into bed. There was a noise and my door handle started to turn. I covered myself with my blanket and slammed my eyes shut. He walked in, the smell of alcohol wafting off of him. My heart pounded in my head as he stood next to me. What was he going to do? I started to grow afraid.

     “I have no daughter,” he said as he stood there. “No daughter... never... accept...” 

     The door closed with a loud thud as he left the room, the alcohol smell lingering in my room. There was a loud thud and a creaking of wood from the living room. I made my way to my door and opened it carefully peeking out. Dad was draped over the arm of the couch snoring loudly. I closed my door and went back to bed. I sat on my bed facing the door, wrapped in my blanket, eventually falling asleep.

11