Chapter 2: Development
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sophie couldn't get Nathan out of her head. She spent the next few days daydreaming about their conversation and replaying their interactions over and over again in her mind. She didn't know if he was interested in her, but she couldn't shake the feeling that there was something there.

 

One day, as she was working at the bookstore, she heard the bell above the door ring, and she looked up to see Nathan walking in. Her heart skipped a beat as he made his way over to her.

 

"Hey, Sophie," Nathan said, his voice soft and friendly. "I was wondering if you wanted to grab dinner with me tonight?"

 

Sophie's heart raced as she nodded her head, not trusting herself to speak. They made plans to meet up later that evening, and as Nathan walked away, Sophie felt like she was walking on air.

 

As they sat down for dinner, Sophie found herself opening up to Nathan in a way she never had before. She talked about her dreams, her fears, and her passion for books. Nathan listened intently, nodding along and offering words of encouragement.

 

After dinner, they walked around town, talking and laughing as they went. Sophie couldn't help but feel like they were the only two people in the world.

 

As the night wore on, Nathan took Sophie's hand and pulled her close. "I have to tell you something," he said, his voice low and serious. "I know about your past."

 

Sophie's heart raced as she looked up at him, not sure what to say. She had always been ashamed of her past, and she didn't know how Nathan would react.

 

"I know what happened to your ex-boyfriend," Nathan continued, his grip tightening on her hand. "And I'm okay with it."

 

Sophie's eyes widened in shock as she looked up at Nathan. She couldn't believe that he knew about her past and was still willing to be with her.

 

"I love you, Sophie," Nathan said, his voice filled with sincerity. "I want to be with you, no matter what."

 

Sophie felt tears prick at her eyes as she looked up at Nathan, feeling overwhelmed with emotion. She had always felt like an outsider, like she didn't belong, but with Nathan, she finally felt like she had found her place.

 

As they kissed under the stars, Sophie knew that she was falling in love with Nathan. She didn't know what the future held, but she knew that she wanted to spend it with him.

0