SS: Prelude to The Ultimate Grail War
53 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In 'another' Japan, there exists a town called "Fuyuki". It's just like any normal city - unless you take in account the many gas leaks every so often. To the point that buildings blowing up is just another Tuesday for the citizens of Fuyuki city.

One area that particularly stands out though (although not by much), is a desolate church near the outskirts of the city. The church is run by a single priest that many doubt him as to whether he's genuine or not.

In this peculiar church, other than the so-called "Fake Priest", there resides a foreign blondie with crimson-red eyes; wearing a tracksuit over a white shirt. He twirled the bottle of wine in his hand whilst sitting leisurely as if he's some sort of a king.

Whilst the handsome, red-eyed blondie was playing with his drink with a smug expression, the dubbed "Fake Priest" entered the church building. He was just dressed like any other normal priest; a black cassock. His medium-length brown hair had bangs adorning his sides, and dead eyes which showcased no emotion - as if to signify he was born that way.

The blonde man took note of the priest's presence and spoke up for the first time, "How's the Fifth War progressing, "Overseer Kotomine"?" He almost laughed at the irony of the mongrel before him being appointed as the 'referee' of this Grail War after how much of a disaster that was the last one.

Even though he got hit with the ridiculing tone of the foreigner, Kirei Kotomine replied with the blank face of his as if he wasn't brothered one bit, "Six of the Servants aside from Saber have already been summoned, your Highness."

He said while glancing at his right arm.

"Hah! You never cease to amaze me, mongrel."

The foreigner chuckled at the 'Overseer' because he could sense more Command Seals from the priest than he previously had, which indicates that he either summoned a Servant of his own or stole one of the other Masters' Servants.

Forming a wicked smirk, he seemed to recall a certain... someone.

"I wonder if Saber will appear again,"

Rather than the class, he's referring to one of the Servants he fought against in the previous Grail War. Seeing that chivalrous knight king fight against the tragic nature of the wish-granting war was an amusing sight to see.

'Regardless if she is still summoned to this war, I'll see my goal to the end and won't let any other mongrel stop me.'

He is quite determined to win the war to achieve his goal, but like any other king (except Saber), he sees no wrong in indulging himself for bit of pleasure before getting down to business. He'd jump in once he sees where this war would lead to.

Scoffing at the idea of the others putting up a fight against him, he thought, 'Hmph! They'll be forced to kneel down if they ever face me.'

It's not pure arrogance because he can - and will, back up his words.

He then noticed Kirei was holding an envelope with a familiar language written down on it.

"What's that you're holding onto, mongrel?"

Fake Priest looked at the letter before presenting it to the king in front of him.

"It was right in front of the gate when I wanted to enter. An unknown language was written down on it, so I thought it must be for you."

How strange that he couldn't sense the person who put the letter there. Likely the work of Assassin.

He took the letter from the priest's hand, and as soon as his eyes fell on what was written on the envelope, frowned and immediately threw it to the side without bothering to check its content.

"Just a bootlicking mongrel trying to appease me to join his cause."

Though it was uncanny how that mongrel managed to perfectly write in his language without a single error. Even if considering today's progress in translating ancient tongues, it would never be enough to get it down to a tee unless you were born in that era.

Kotomine simply nodded as if it was a totally normal thing to do. They both knew that each of them is using the other for their own gain, so he never bothers to ask more than he already got from him.

"Anyway, I'll be taking a stroll around the area. Keep me up-to-date if any news regarding Saber comes up."

He put his hands in his pockets and proceeded to walk past the priest.

"Why you want to destroy the world if there's still something you enjoy?"

Fake Priest asked without even facing the person in question. There was no any particular emotion in it; he just wanted to know.

"If the world's meant to cease to exist, that doesn't mean I cannot please myself while it lasts."

Blondie didn't stop in his tracks as he answered the priest.

...

Few hours later.

He went only went for a walk in the park, but he never expected this to happen when he returned.

The letter he threw away was right in front of his face - floating midair. As mentioned before, it was written in an ancient language familiar to the blonde man; specifically, Akkadian.

It read:

"Welcome to the Omni—"

Before he could finish reading it - or even opening it, for that matter, the letter dissolved into numerous blue particles. Then, a digital holographic blue screen appeared before him.

Its content where the same.

[Welcome to the Omniversal Chat Group, King of Heroes, Gilgamesh!]

Gilgamesh has lived a very long life, and he knows almost everything in this world due to one of his Noble Phantasms, yet he never saw such an outlandish object like the thing in front of him.

Frankly speaking, he was annoyed and it was apparent in his face; with how much he was scowling and wanting to cosmic nuke the perpetrator behind it.

"What in the Uruk's name is this?!"

A.N: Alongside the main chapters, I'll be uploading these side stories to hype things up and give a little something about what's to come.

As all of you've just seen, there's another Chat Group involved to raise the stakes - since having Ben alone can solve a lot of hurdles in the series; plus, Asta can basically no-diff any Magical based verse unless there are different energy resources that function differently than mana e.g stamina and ki (which are both present in DxD).

Anyhow, what are your guess as to who would join this group and who would be the admin?

P.S: also yes the next arc would be Nasuverse if I hadn't mention previously.

2